Sad Servings...

Options

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    That candy pretty much always has the same amount of calories as any other candy... :(
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Cereal, rice, nuts and nut butter, pasta, cheese, ice cream, pretty much any convenience food or snack.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pasta! 57g says the package? What? That's all?

Anything bread! One measly tiny whole wheat bread roll is still 100+ cals. I love baking but between croissants; brioches; pains au lait; baguettes; honey oatmeal breads and all the specialty breads I was gaining quite a bit of weight testing my recipes. Now I BEG people to bake for them :smile:
  • Sugar_Cloud
    Sugar_Cloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Corn chips!!! I would sometimes eat a bag on my own...900 calories.... :( Now I don't even bother, one serve just makes we want to eat more.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    Ive got a smaller plate so my dinners don't look as small as they are. It works for me :)

You know, I was thinking I needed some little prep bowls for snacks.

Get toddler bowls. Seriously, I got little plates/bowls for my son at IKEA and dang if they aren't perfect for making a single serving look decadent!

Plus I get to eat out of a bright pink bowl. Win/win!

i got mine from ikea as well. they are the perfect size for making your dinner look like a decent portion.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    That's why I buy the fun sized packs of candy. I can grab one packet and eat it. I hate weighing it out because it always seems sad.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I do love that my favorite candy mix is sold in an 80g bag as well as the big one. Even though it's about 350 calories, I still feel SO much better eating only 80g at one time!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    there are cookies out there that the serving is half a cookie. who eats half a cookie and save the rest for later?
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    So, I just weighed out a serving of Reese's Pieces...and checked the numbers three times because the serving is SO SMALL. :'(

Like, so small you guys. 200 calories and it's basically a handful.

What's the most surprising/sad portion size you have discovered while trying to lose weight?

Also, I ate that portion anyway...I regret nothing.

Peanut butter =( one big spoon is like 400 cals.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    nuts and cereal are always disappointing (like, I can eat three portions of cereal). I was actually pleasantly surprised about pistachios though
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Definitely cereal as well. I was surprised with cheese, in the opposite way. I was expecting 1oz to be about the size of a little h'orderve cube :p or at most, an average slice of cheese from the deli, but I get 2 slices for an ounce!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    The calorie count of plain saltine crackers was surprising. I used to eat a lot of crackers.
    Chips, bread, bananas
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Nanogg55 wrote: »
    Ive got a smaller plate so my dinners don't look as small as they are. It works for me :)

I restored a dollhouse for my niece; maybe if I eat my meals there I'll feel like a have serious portions,,,

zf6likfvkd2s.jpg

OMG. I'm dying!!!!!! xDDD
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Add me to Team Cereal :'( I used to love mixing my Cheerios with a little granola, thinking I was eating healthy. Little did I know that that harmless bowl of cereal probably had 500-600 calories in it
  • ceckhardt369
    ceckhardt369 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The one that is getting me right now is soup. Who the heck eats half a can of soup at a time?? Considering figuring out how to make my own soup, not what what I buy is super high in calories but it irritates me to have to put that I ate two servings of it just to feel like I ate something!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with the cereal as well. started measuring out a portion at home to take to work, when I put it in the bowl I realised I had been eating 3 or 4 times as much.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    there are cookies out there that the serving is half a cookie. who eats half a cookie and save the rest for later?

or 3/4 of a spear pickle!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »

Right, like soup cups. You can't even put it away for another day and it's 2 servings?

Love hate relationship...
    81jtVGNfgpL._SY355_.jpg
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I always knew that candy was a high-calorie food, but butter surprised me. I knew butter wasn't a health food, but didn't know how high in calories it really was.
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter had the opposite effect for me... after hearing so many horror stories about it, I expected I was eating way more than a serving. However after spreading my "normal" amount on an english muffin and weighing it, it was less than half a serving! Yay for me :p