What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    shellygw wrote: »
    I use my asthma inhaler less frequently--used to be everyday, now less than 1x a week. I can carry a large, full, laundry basket from my house to my car without getting out of breath. And today, I discovered that I can now reach my arms behind my back and clasp my hands together. I have such a long way to go, but recognizing these small victories are helping me stay motivated.

Those are fabulous: Go, you! Improved health, improved fitness, improved flexibility!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    I decided to push hard on my regular bicycle route today, and see if I could average at least 12mph - and I did!

(Don't laugh, real cyclists: I'm an old lady on a hybrid bike; and a rower, not a cyclist. Plus there were hills (sort of).)

Made me happy, anyway. :):smile:
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    As of Friday, I was able to fit into a brand (and size) of jeans that I couldn't fit into since COLLEGE. I am still on cloud 9 about it. They were my favorite brand and then I grew out of them and NONE of their sizes fit me. Now, I am back in the brand AND the size. I still have a LONG way to go. So it is the little things like this that keep me motivated.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Went to the mall yesterday to get a birthday present for my niece. Decided to pop in to Forever 21 and see what they had for winter. All of my sweaters are baggy and I look unkempt at work. There was one sweater I found last year in a L that was a little snug but I could make it work, so I decided to try on another L and see how it fit this year. 1 sweater I got in a large, and the other ended up fitting how my sweaters do now...and I was able to get it in a MEDIUM. I was so excited and the fitting room attendant looked at me like I had 8 heads. I'm sure it's one of those cardi's you're supposed to wear baggy and I'm wearing it wrong but oh well.
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    All of my black dress pants I wear to work are extremely baggy on me, including the size 8s I ordered less than 2 months ago. This kind of stinks, but it is an issue I can get over :)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    280x2 on squats
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I got hit on by a very handsome 23 yr old guy....this has nothing at all to do with weight success, as much as success in just plain feeling attractive again, I guess. At 46 years old, I don't expect younger men to bother with me, much less be obvious about their interest...lol. It felt crazily exciting!! LOL!! Meow!

If you're being hit on by a 23 yr old, shouldn't it be *Groooowwwwllll*, not meow? ^_^
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    NSV of the week is seeing family that I hadn't seen in years. Love my family and missed them, so the reactions to my weight loss are just the cherry on top.
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I feared starting month 2 of Insanity. I drew inspiration from Marcus Luttrell's book, Lone Survivor. And, started my Month 2. Yesterday I did Max Int Circuit, and today Max Int Plyo. Survived.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is taking a selfie with my daughter and seeing dimples again! I have hated how I've looked for so long and I actually don't hate this picture and my dimples are back. Can't remember the last time I saw those, I know it was when a Bush was in office! Even the fact that I was willing to take a selfie is a NSV in itself. I really needed that motivation, too. Have been becoming complacent recently, so thank you God! What's your recent NSV?

What's a NSV?

It stands for Non-Scale Victory. It's a different measurement of the new you! Hate relying on a scale to see changes. I find these to be very motivating, especially when the scale gets stuck!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I had a lady at the Y say to me "you've lost a lot of weight. Are you OK?"

I said yes I have worked very hard to lose this weight.

One lady said I should stop losing. I am still 10 lbs overweight on the medical weight charts. But I am good with where I am now. Just need to stay there.

• tjsoccermom
    Options
    khill5555 wrote: »
    My NSV is that I am sticking with it! I have gone from a 26W to a 22W....47 lbs gone and only a few people have noticed. In the past I would let that get me down but for some reason this time I don't care if people notice or not because I notice and I feel good! This is the first time that I don't feel like I am dieting but instead its a life style change for me. Still have 80 lbs to go so my journey is far from over but its 1 lb and 1 day at a time for me this time! :-)

Good for you! That's awesome. Keep going! 1 pound at a time adds up fast!
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    Goal pants close! I won't be wearing them for about a month but they close!

I decided out of curiosity to try on something in a shop I once couldn't fit into a single item in. They go up to a 14. I was looking for motivation and picked up size 10s, sure that I was firmly a 12 still. They fit!!!! I am still in shock.

Lastly, I left food on my plate because I recognised that I was full. This has possibly never happened before. I am a plate clearer.

Plate clearer here too. That's a real sign of change!
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    A few weeks ago I bought a top from a 'normal' size shop online (which usually means get it a couple sizes bigger so it will actually fit right.) When it arrived I was swimming in the 3X. It was actually falling off me. I should have exchanged it but didn't know what size to guess at so I just returned it. Last week I still wanted that top BADLY so I ordered it again in an XL. I hoped it would fit me towards the end of summer. It arrived today and fits perfectly everywhere! I started at a size 42W. I *never* thought I'd actually make it down to an 18 in my adult life.

Congratulations! You are doing awesome!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I just finished golfing 18 holes and I had one of best scores of 115 at this course. I took up golf in the spring and the first time I played this course my score was a 156. I am ready to go back out and golf another 18 holes but I can not find anyone to golf with this afternoon. LOL
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    425 SUMO BLOCK PULL PR! And a 105lb weighted pull up (after deadlifts).
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Today, I am wearing my one size down jeans and I didn't have to do the elastic around the button hole trick.
  • kiit1234
    kiit1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    shellygw wrote: »
    I use my asthma inhaler less frequently--used to be everyday, now less than 1x a week. I can carry a large, full, laundry basket from my house to my car without getting out of breath. And today, I discovered that I can now reach my arms behind my back and clasp my hands together. I have such a long way to go, but recognizing these small victories are helping me stay motivated.

Way to go! I find every pound I lose makes my body happier.
  • stephsmile01
    stephsmile01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I have just completed week 4 C25K :p
    I am eating about 1500 calories a day and weighed about 257 lb at 5"5 when I started.. No idea what I weigh now but when I started the C25K I didn't think I could run for even 5 seconds!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!