Weight while going to the gym

Options
13»

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    It may sound nitpicky, but there's a difference between "Interval Training" (such as the walking routine above) and actual HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). HIIT is very intense (hence the "HI" part of the acronym) - you don't just step it up a bit in the intervals, you go as hard/fast as you possibly can. As opposed to the walking intervals above (which are interval training), an example of HIIT would be to do a 100 yard sprint at top speed, walk back to the start point, immediately do another 100 yard all-out sprint, etc. With regular interval training, you'll be out of breath and feel a little taxed - with HIIT, you'll be gasping for air, trying not to puke and be completely exhausted at the end of it!

Interval training can be a part of any/every workout if you want - but it's a good idea to limit true HIIT workouts to once or twice a week because they're so taxing on the body and central nervous system. Especially if you're doing other training (strength training or specific training for a sport), too much of them could hinder your recovery for your other workouts. Best to mix them in with a few other lower-intensity cardio workouts.

Fair and true
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    It may sound nitpicky, but there's a difference between "Interval Training" (such as the walking routine above) and actual HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). HIIT is very intense (hence the "HI" part of the acronym) - you don't just step it up a bit in the intervals, you go as hard/fast as you possibly can. As opposed to the walking intervals above (which are interval training), an example of HIIT would be to do a 100 yard sprint at top speed, walk back to the start point, immediately do another 100 yard all-out sprint, etc. With regular interval training, you'll be out of breath and feel a little taxed - with HIIT, you'll be gasping for air, trying not to puke and be completely exhausted at the end of it!

Interval training can be a part of any/every workout if you want - but it's a good idea to limit true HIIT workouts to once or twice a week because they're so taxing on the body and central nervous system. Especially if you're doing other training (strength training or specific training for a sport), too much of them could hinder your recovery for your other workouts. Best to mix them in with a few other lower-intensity cardio workouts.

I totally agree with all of this! :)
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    adubord wrote: »
    muscle weighs more than fat. If you're lifting weights and/or adding weight to your lifting routine you may gain weight due to muscle growth. Take body measurements instead of just weighing yourself on a scale. I've lost weight all over but soon after starting my weight loss I got stuck at the same weight for about two months. My arms and thighs got half an inch bigger due to muscle but I lost inches around my hips and waist.
    NAH, it is VERY hard for body builders to gain weight, so it is VERY VERY for a regular person to build muscles. Check bodybuilding sites. I agree to take measurements and go by how your clothes feel.
  • Kirsty_lou88
    Kirsty_lou88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Get to an insanity class and push hard, you will feel amazing for it xxx
  • tasharosesmith
    tasharosesmith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself fortnightly and have gained 1.5kg this weigh in :(
    I upped my weights and drinking more water but have lost size from my chest, hips, legs and arms so gonna focus on measuring before weighing from now on