What food have you learned to love since joining MFP?

Options
For me, it's spinach. I've had it four times in the past 48 hours! SPINACH!

This is a major accomplishment for me as the only other way I'd ever eat spinach was in fatty, creamy, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip, and even that was only at a push -- I'd barely dip the pita or chips into it because I thought I hated spinach (and artichokes, but that's another kettle of fish!)!

I definitely need it raw or only slightly cooked and definitely mixed in with something else -- can't ever see myself sitting down to a big plate of spinach!

Has anyone else incorporated a food they thought they would hate into their diet since joining MFP?

Replies

• makeupartist12
    Options
    CAULIFLOWER :smile:
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at incorporating more fish into mine. I've just always been scared about cooking fish. Never had much experience with it, and about the only fish I have ever eaten has been fried shrimp from the seafood restaurant. Time to branch out a bit I suppose. Most of the other foods I eat I love. I've never been real picky...that's why I am here. lol
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I wouldn't say LOVE but I've learned to tolerate plain oatmeal.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!! Lots of protein - keeps me satisfied for a long time! :)
  • curlgirl_03
    Options
    instant oatmeal with no sugar added and made with water, frozen mixed vegetables, skim milk, veggie burgers

wouldn't say I "love" cottage chese, but it's tolerable...
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Asparagus - didn't know what I was missing!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I still hate the foods I didn't like before! I'm not going to start eating them now! I'm just enjoying the same healthy foods that I did before and even some of the non-healthy stuff but in moderation :happy:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash (just in the dark about it before MFP), cottage cheese, yogurt, celery (I don't want to marry it, but I will eat it now), laughing cow cheese wedges
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and strawberries. yum.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Silk Almond Milk instead of 2% milk, its like a treat! never would have thought I would like it, and its unsweetened!
    Yay!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fruit of any kind..... I wouldn't touch it unless it was in a dessert. Now I eat it with every meal.....and kinda like it...:happy:
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    low carb whole wheat tortillas, like oranges more than before(didn't like at all before), Italian dressing instead of Ranch. I tried Ranch after using low calorie Italian for quite some time. The Ranch was too thick and rich tasting for me. ( its what I always ate before) Yogurt.
  • crystal_loga
    Options
    Unsweetened Silk Almond Milk instead of 2% milk, its like a treat! never would have thought I would like it, and its unsweetened!
    Yay!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i want to eat more veg, i eat salad and raw veg all the time coz thats my favorite. But i hated tuna and i decided 2 make tuna pasta 4 my lunch n i loved it, going to try more ways to eat tuna. :happy:
  • crystal_loga
    Options
    laughing cow cheese wedges

oh yeah and those too!!! SOOO yummy!!
  • ashtenr
    ashtenr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt. So thick and creamy!
  • AKAnderson785
    Options
    I could eat a McIntosh Apple and low-fat mozarella string cheese every day...I have it as my midmorning snack AND my midday snack, yummm. My biggest weakness was always chips and dip, I could sit in front of the TV and go through almost an entire bag (ugh) so now, to satisfy that, I have hummus and pita, veggies and a low fat veggie dip, or shrimp and VERY little cocktail sauce - I'm just getting around to tolerating cocktail sauce so I definitely don't over do it!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I found SILK milk...........while I wouldn't drink it in a glass, I absolutely adore it on my multi-grain Cheerios........who knew? LOL
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Prunes and hummus
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts!!!! I had never had them before last month! Now I steam them, quarter them, drizzle them with some coconut oil and bake them with red onion slices, chopped bacon, chopped garlic for about 35 minutes at 350...OMG delicious.