Anyone else doing Keto,

Options

Replies

• seakali22
    seakali22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffees (butter/cream/coconut oil) to get your fats up, google it but don't buy overpriced stuff! I started keto in September, I'm weight maintaining now - tired of the yo-yoing, want keto / paleo to be a woe, feel free to add me, not sure how long I'll keep mfp, getting the hang of it now... Good luck everyone!
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of a keto primal/paleo diet. I'm not 100% sure if I'm in ketosis or not. If I'm not, I should be soon. My diary is open.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    On it two weeks tomorrow! It hasn't been perfect, but ive managed to average less than 30g a day. It's been great...I feel like it's easier to plan meals, order food out, and I really look forward to eating compared to other ways I've tried to eat. I also feel really good and energetic. My workouts consists primarily of lifting and it hasn't affected the level of intensity I put into it at all. Feel fee to add me.
  • WalkinChik
    WalkinChik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning myself into keto. My carbs are still too high. 40-50g but I'm moving in that direction.
  • anica39
    anica39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started back on Keto Day 1 after my backsliding ways gained me 2 more kg's
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've just started, day 4/5. feeling wildly tired and lethargic a couple of those days as my body is getting used to having none of it's usual major energy source (I was (am?) a carb *kitten*!). Really cold at night too, which is really not like me.
  • nickiedavis11
    nickiedavis11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started keto, too. The keto strips indicate I'm NOT in Ketosis, which seems odd and frustrating to me because I'm literally eating maybe 15 grams or less of carbs a day...NO JOKE. All meat, all fats, nothing questionable. I have lost 3 lbs, though. However, I'm not sure if that is just normal water weight. Anyone else have trouble getting their body into ketosis. Maybe it's because I wasn't really a HUGE carb eater to begin with. Very few breads, pastas, or rice dishes. I look forward to reading your posts! Any suggestions, I'm all EARS:)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Pinterest.com has some awesome recipes and many flavors of the fatbombs ...peppermint patty one ....peanutbutter chocolate one etc etc :)
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to get back into it after I go grocery shopping on Sunday. I was doing it for almost a month but went on an overseas holiday for a month and didn't continue! But now I'm back and hoping to get started again. feel free to add me especially if your diary is open - i'd love some new ideas!
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back at it as well. Would love some more friends :)
  • jwil463
    jwil463 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You cant eat too much protein either! That will prevent you from going into or staying in ketosis. Try keto calculator online to see what macros you need.
  • Samina1215
    Samina1215 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been on Keto for 2 months now and have lost 32lbs. It was a rough start but I adapted. Yesterday and today I carb loaded and I feel awful. I'm bloated and have no energy. I am looking forward to tomorrow morning so that I can Keto on. I wish all of you the best with this wonderful lifestyle. :*
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    norcogrrl wrote: »
    I'm on day 6 of a keto primal/paleo diet. I'm not 100% sure if I'm in ketosis or not. If I'm not, I should be soon. My diary is open.

I am in ketosis . . . Just. 0.8 according to my ketone meter.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

I've been on keto, off keto, low-carb, keto, off keto...you know the drill. Nw back on since the beginning of September (but have been loose a few times).

Down about 10 lbs...anyone should feel free to add me. I'm also on DietBet if you want to connect there. It helps to watch my feed and see how other people are doing.

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »

Many thanks. I have been looking for an alive low carb group and found 3 interesting old ones that no one has posted to in years. My mfp friend also suggested this but when I searched using my phone I couldn't find it. Thanks again!!
  • rstagwira
    rstagwira Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pease add me to the group. Would love the motivation and ideas .
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rstagwira wrote: »
    Pease add me to the group. Would love the motivation and ideas .

Visit the page linked above and join.
  • Gr8tDaneLover
    Gr8tDaneLover Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any other keto'ers out there? :)
  • alishalosingit
    alishalosingit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been researching it for several hours and leaning very heavily on starting...Would like to find guidance and support.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    For Keto folk go to the link shared with me above and request access. Lovely community there and active. Low carber daily forum.