Pasta makes me very HUNGRY

Options
13»

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

When I realized that pasta, bread and cakes left me feeling hungry for the next day, it was the key to my weightloss.

I eat very little of these items most days and I know ahead of time that my stomach will be growling if I do indulge.

That knowledge has made it possible to loose 108 pounds in the past two years.

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Bulk it up with veggies and protein!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel that way when I eat pasta, bread, rice, cereal.... If I manage to feel full, I'm hungry again right after. It saps my energy too. I hate it because I love them all, but they don't love me back, so I eat them pretty infrequently now. Maybe 2-3x's/wk I'll have a little, but that's it.

I do much better on higher protein and fiber, with a sprinkle of starch.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    then... dont eat it?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    krithsai wrote: »
    DKLI wrote: »
    My husband and I have been eating the bean pastas made by Explore Asian. Black bean is my favorite! It keeps you full, has no sodium and full of protein. Less calories than regular pasta. It looks like straw so when it's cooked it plumps up.

This sounds interesting. I live in the Northeast, where would I find this?

If you're anywhere near Quincy, MA, this is the place to go: http://www.kammanfoods.com/quincy/en/
    It's as big as a Walmart, and a lot more fun, IMO. I go once or twice a year and stock up on a variety of Asian food.

Asian food is so much cheaper at Asian stores.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I have found whenever I have some kind of pasta during my day my body makes me think I am starving. Is this all in my head or is it something to do with the way it's absorbed into the body? Does this happen to anyone else? I love pasta, but since I've been on MFP (since August), I measure how much I eat and I only eat it about once a month because I don't like feeling so hungry.

This always happens to me when I eat too much carbs in relationship to protein. I eat pasta less often these days, and when I do make sure I add plenty of veggies and protein.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Pasta = Starch -> insulin -> low blood sugar = hunger. I just don't eat that stuff, it never appealed anyway.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    if I have protein and fat with my pasta I feel full.. but if its just pasta and sauce Im screwed lol.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Same as others have said, I get SO hungry after pasta unless I have protein with it!