3 day military diet.

Options
124»

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Eat MRE's until you're plugged up, then have some prune juice .... boom. 10 pounds? GONE.

Totally joking, though as I understand from my sister and BIL they do plug you up. :sick:
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Don't know why people are saying that's an insane amount of weight to lose in 3 weeks.
    I've lost more than that in 3 weeks. For me personally, I would eat a bagel for breakfast before
    work, a snack at lunch (usually one of those cracker/cheese packs) LOTS of water throughout the day
    and a decent dinner. In about a month I went from 190lbs to 176. My work was outdoor lawn care which was
    pretty demanding but it all worked.

Yeah, and some of that was probably water weight and lean muscle. Not fat.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Don't know why people are saying that's an insane amount of weight to lose in 3 weeks.
    I've lost more than that in 3 weeks. For me personally, I would eat a bagel for breakfast before
    work, a snack at lunch (usually one of those cracker/cheese packs) LOTS of water throughout the day
    and a decent dinner. In about a month I went from 190lbs to 176. My work was outdoor lawn care which was
    pretty demanding but it all worked.

1st post is one that necro's a thread.
    Great.
  • Destynee13
    Destynee13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some of you people who reply can be so nasty. Seriously.. Therapy? Just because someone wants to jump start their diet with a 3 day diet? People fast with less calories than that.. geez.

Anyway.. I've done this 3 day military diet.. lost 7lbs in 3 days not weeks.. have kept it off. You get 4 days off, during those 4 days you eat normally.. doubling your calories to maintain and if you wish you then go back on the 3 days. I have done it for 3 weeks and have lost 5lbs a week. 3 days isn't bad and it goes by quickly.. the only day I feel hungry is the last day. I had a body comp done and I lost fat not water. Anyway.. good luck and always talk to your Dr. first before starting a new diet! This is a great diet especially if you have something coming up and you need a quick loss.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Destynee13 wrote: »
    Some of you people who reply can be so nasty. Seriously.. Therapy? Just because someone wants to jump start their diet with a 3 day diet? People fast with less calories than that.. geez.

Anyway.. I've done this 3 day military diet.. lost 7lbs in 3 days not weeks.. have kept it off. You get 4 days off, during those 4 days you eat normally.. doubling your calories to maintain and if you wish you then go back on the 3 days. I have done it for 3 weeks and have lost 5lbs a week. 3 days isn't bad and it goes by quickly.. the only day I feel hungry is the last day. I had a body comp done and I lost fat not water. Anyway.. good luck and always talk to your Dr. first before starting a new diet! This is a great diet especially if you have something coming up and you need a quick loss.

This thread is over a year old, and this diet is still stupid, unnecessary and has to lie about a connection to the military to glean even a skerick of legitimacy. The combination of food is arbitrary and senseless. It's just a silly, silly fad.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Destynee13 wrote: »

You did not lose 7 pounds of fat in 3 days on that. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nvm...did not realize was a necro'd thread! *runs from zombie thread*
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    So, OP, you have over 2 months until your next birthday. Are you going to wait until a few weeks before it again to do something or start now? That is, if you didn't do anything since last year when you originally posted this.
  • SuzLink
    SuzLink Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure about this either, but I recently did the Forever Aloe C9 Cleanse which, as you may have guessed, is a cleanse for 9 days. It is expensive & at times the Aloe is disgusting, but it works. I only lost 6.4lbs (haha, 'only', in 9 days! I know), but people can lose up to 12lbs & I know a couple of people who did. I guess it depends on your lifestyle prior to starting it as to how much your body can be 'cleansed'. I was with these people who said, surely it will not stay off & once you start eating again like a normal person it will all go back on, but I weighed myself this morning & am only 0.2 lbs more than when I finished it 17 days ago, & I've not really been doing as much cardio as I'm focusing more on maintenance now.

HOWEVER, I would not say this was a good exchange for a healthy lifestyle! I lost 50/52lbs by cutting back on how much I eat, eating more healthy foods & exercising more, but it did help me lose those last few lbs to get me to my goal. Many people say it is great for starting your healthy lifestyle as it makes you re-think food & what/how much you are eating, so it might be worth a thought.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    JustSomeEm
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.