What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    AdviDaddy wrote: »
    I feared starting month 2 of Insanity. I drew inspiration from Marcus Luttrell's book, Lone Survivor. And, started my Month 2. Yesterday I did Max Int Circuit, and today Max Int Plyo. Survived.

• bettyrox79
    bettyrox79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Can I chime in with the good old "I managed to button and zip my old jeans today" lol :p
  • eeede
    eeede Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSV!
  • Erinsmiles2015
    Erinsmiles2015 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When my little dog steps crawls on me it actually is uncomfterble and hurts! Before I barely noticed!
  • azuremiste
    azuremiste Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is that I can now hold a plank-full on, on toes and hands for 30 seconds. Doesn't sound like much but 2 months ago I could barely hold for 10!
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    In September while on vacation, I saw some great looking swimming trunks. I decided to buy them in 34" waist since I am still dropping. The other day, I decided to try them on to see how far I still have to go. I was shocked to find out I'm there now! Far cry from my 42's and 40's I was wearing at the start of this journey.
  • plantedinpots
    plantedinpots Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I woke up and took my dog for a walk before 9 am on a sunday. two years ago, i would have woken up at 12 pm, re-heated a huge plate of leftovers, sat in my bed, and ate. I like this current version much, much better!
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have only been at this for a couple of months. First time ever doing any type of strength training. Standing in class yesterday I KNEW I was stronger and I could not stop smiling all day! Who knew feeling strong and capable could feel so good!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    marsh5224 wrote: »
    I have only been at this for a couple of months. First time ever doing any type of strength training. Standing in class yesterday I KNEW I was stronger and I could not stop smiling all day! Who knew feeling strong and capable could feel so good!

I am so happy that you are experiencing this feeling too!! Keep on smiling!!! :smiley:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I can't wear a coat or long sleeved shirts for a week, so I bought 2 loose short-sleeved sweaters. Makes me feel a bit sloppy, but it's temporary.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    marsh5224 wrote: »

The saying is you can never be too thin or too rich, but I think being strong is the best!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I woke up and took my dog for a walk before 9 am on a sunday. two years ago, i would have woken up at 12 pm, re-heated a huge plate of leftovers, sat in my bed, and ate. I like this current version much, much better!

I could add...and then took a nap after eating!

I like the new me much better also!

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Today is my one year anniversary for making the decision to take my life back. It took a few weeks for me to add MFP into it though. I've lost 40 pounds. I'm proud of the weight loss, I'm proud of the consistency of the loss rate. But the NSV's are two-fold...1) I made a decision to love and take care of myself and I've done that for an entire year! and 2) yesterday I asked my daughter why she's never said anything about my weight loss. I asked her in person, her answer was that she doesn't believe in "ego-fanning", and I was able to respond, "There is a difference between fanning someone's ego, and recognizing and celebrating a life-behavior change."

I know that short conversation doesn't seem like much. But for me it proves that I love myself enough to address something that's bothering me, without having to eat the feelings about it. I am in love with the way I live my life now and I'm SO PROUD of being able to recognize an issue, address it, deal with it, move on with the day and my life without it even being a blip on my emotional radar :smiley:
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    Today is my one year anniversary for making the decision to take my life back. It took a few weeks for me to add MFP into it though. I've lost 40 pounds. I'm proud of the weight loss, I'm proud of the consistency of the loss rate. But the NSV's are two-fold...1) I made a decision to love and take care of myself and I've done that for an entire year! and 2) yesterday I asked my daughter why she's never said anything about my weight loss. I asked her in person, her answer was that she doesn't believe in "ego-fanning", and I was able to respond, "There is a difference between fanning someone's ego, and recognizing and celebrating a life-behavior change."

I know that short conversation doesn't seem like much. But for me it proves that I love myself enough to address something that's bothering me, without having to eat the feelings about it. I am in love with the way I live my life now and I'm SO PROUD of being able to recognize an issue, address it, deal with it, move on with the day and my life without it even being a blip on my emotional radar :smiley:

Wow, I am so impressed. I have always found those kind of conversations next to impossible (I cry very easily). I would have avoided it and let the feelings fester. You handled that with such grace. My hero of the day!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    On the less earth-shattering end of the spectrum: I went to my university's ice hockey game last night, first game I've attended this season. I did *not* eat a Dove ice cream bar in the break between 2nd & 3rd periods (a long term tradition): I had already had enough to eat yesterday. (Also, my team won.)
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I know how you feel. My daughter has yet to say she was proud of my weight loss and also running in 5K races and over the last 3 years I have lost over 70 pounds and ran in several races. My son on the other hand is constantly complimenting me on my accomplishments. But I'm not as bold as you, I can't say anything to her about it. Maybe one day.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of mirrors growing up, so didn't have one in my bedroom. Now, I wished that I had a full length mirror in there when I stayed over on my vacation, or even at the place where we stayed for the wedding. It was weird to want mirrors around.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options

You did the right thing! So proud of you :). It does take courage to do this kind of a thing. But I firmly believe that getting it out is the best way to let it go.
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I took my car to the shop, and the guy who works on it ALWAYS moves my seat super close bc he's pretty short. When I got in it to drive home I didn't have to move the seat back to fit. I was able to get in w/o having to move the seat or the wheel.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    At my check in on Sunday with my trainer, I was down 2 centimeters in my waist. My scale number isn't moving but my body composition is, yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!