"Dem Feelz" huh?

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    FeelzDeez wrote: »
    FeelzDeez wrote: »
    I've seen the term used here when someone posts their opinion, but can't back it up with science. Because of this I've always thought it was used in a condescending way

Dem Feelz that dingo ate your baby, brah.

hoh you're naughty :naughty:

Dem X-Mod Feelz?

Who are you!? :open_mouth:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    What's with all the vocab police, reply police, and manner police these days? Maybe this should be in chit chat? (forum police, didn't want to miss one!)

You can't say this! STAHP!!

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Are we no longer allowed feelings in the MFP community forums?

Yes, feelings are allowed.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Unless they're condescending, right? :)
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    What's with all the vocab police, reply police, and manner police these days? Maybe this should be in chit chat? (forum police, didn't want to miss one!)

I'm sorry! Be sure to tell me what I should say, instead though, or next time I'll get it wrong again! ;)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    It seems that to some people on MFP, anything you say can be construed as insulting.
    It's a hobby.
    Some people garden. Some people bicycle. And some people wail about being insulted.
    I don't think the last group burns as many calories. But who knows, maybe they are actively insulted.

You have officially nailed it! Love this post !
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I get it wrong so often I'm now right.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Between this question and the "what is woo?" Question, it seems like you are purposely trying to stir things up.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options

Great. Who do I get to feel first?
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

Great. Who do I get to feel first?

I'll take one for the team ;)
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Between this question and the "what is woo?" Question, it seems like you are purposely trying to stir things up.

It certainly looks that way.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Maybe this ought to be in food and nutrition. . . . .stirring. . .nvm.....
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

It has been Quiet around here lately... :neutral:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's generally used in an insulting way. I don't know exactly what it is supposed to mean. I kind of prefer to not be well versed in phrases like "dem feelz."
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

I'm sorry! Be sure to tell me what I should say, instead though, or next time I'll get it wrong again! ;)

I think you can only say a few things anymore. I'll start PMing you stuff which is allowed. . . . .but no science...at all...EVAH!

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    It's generally used in an insulting way. I don't know exactly what it is supposed to mean. I kind of prefer to not be well versed in phrases like "dem feelz."

You admit you don't know what it means but you believe it's insulting.

Why would you automatically assume that?

(I *do* understand what it means and 3/4 of the time it is clearly not used in an insulting way and the other 1/4 isn't entirely clear.)

Perhaps this is indicative of our differing general outlooks on other people's intentions in the forums?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

How on earth do you know it is used in an insulting way when you don't know what it is supposed to mean?

I have never seen it used on the general forums in an insulting way. I have seen it used within my group of friends elsewhere online meant in a good way - like others have said "those feelings" as in what you are saying is making me feel something. Like a cute baby picture gives you "dem feelz".

Shockingly, the people who seem to read the most into posts seem to be the ones who read this in a negative way.