7 minute workout

Options
hi I've been doing the 7 minute workout app but can't figure out how to log it in my diary. Any ideas?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Aerobics general?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It won't matter. At 7 minutes it's going to be good for a negligible amount of calories
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    It won't matter. At 7 minutes it's going to be good for a negligible amount of calories

Debbie Downer strikes again.
    SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.png
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.png

What do you want him to say? log 500 calories?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    It's going to be under 100 calories. That said, just keeping it intense will help with fitness results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jburke64
    jburke64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone was fishing for more calories. I think karlabogle was just looking for guidance on how to enter accurately. Further, it's probably dangerous to use the "round down" rule in a calorie counting app (e.g., "10 chips won't matter, it's probably <100 calories").

I'd probably use the "Strength training" option for something like the 7 minute workout. I don't think it has enough aerobic activity to be comparable to a Les Mills BODYPUMP. Further, if you enter it in as 7 minutes (or more as you get to higher levels in the app), it'll give an appropriately low calorie count. However, strength training will have long-term benefits, so I'd avoid be too obsessed with the calories and keep up with 7-minute workout--perhaps supplementing with some jogging for the calories so that you can snack more.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    If it's literally only 7 minutes, you could probably pick any exercise option and be in the correct ballpark.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    If it's literally only 7 minutes, you could probably pick any exercise option and be in the correct ballpark.

Correct.

I did look it up, though. More because I had to know if somebody actually created a real 7 Minute Abs workout than anything. It appears to be bodyweight exercises. I'd probably use one of the calisthenics entries to log it.
  • jeremywm1977
    edited November 2015
    Options

Wow, it isn't a matter of one end of the spectrum or the other. It just seemed like such a "poo on you" comment.......trust me, I'm a member of the "poo on you" comment club, so I know one when I see one.

500 calories, no, not at all.......but perhaps something more helpful than "It won't matter."
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I'd probably use one of the calisthenics entries to log it.
    Leave it up to you whether to log it as 7 minutes vigorous or light/moderate
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Wow, it isn't a matter of one end of the spectrum or the other. It just seemed like such a "poo on you" comment.......trust me, I'm a member of the "poo on you" comment club, so I know one when I see one.

500 calories, no, not at all.......but perhaps something more helpful than "It won't matter."

lead by example. feel free to provide the most helpful comment the english language is capable of constructing to convey the importance of logging ~65 calories worth of exercise. because for my own workouts, I wouldn't log it. because it won't matter. it might be something to help me get in shape be the calories don't matter.

but please, show me how it's done.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options

lead by example. feel free to provide the most helpful comment the english language is capable of constructing to convey the importance of logging ~65 calories worth of exercise. because for my own workouts, I wouldn't log it. because it won't matter. it might be something to help me get in shape be the calories don't matter.

Being a perfect person already, I am often called upon to be an example for others, so I greatly appreciate you admitting your faults and asking for my tutelage. That was a brave first step, and for only $19.99, you can get the next tape in my 37 step series to unlocking the perfection within you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Being a perfect person already, I am often called upon to be an example for others, so I greatly appreciate you admitting your faults and asking for my tutelage. That was a brave first step, and for only $19.99, you can get the next tape in my 37 step series to unlocking the perfection within you.

Yep. That totally helped the OP there. So much more than Dave's pointing out that 7 minutes doesn't really matter enough to log the burn because....it doesn't.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

I would not consider insulting someone a helpful post.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

But you have forehead wrinkles.....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Roughly.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options

But you have forehead wrinkles.....

Part of the perfection........hard work, thanks for noticing.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Yep. That totally helped the OP there. So much more than Dave's pointing out that 7 minutes doesn't really matter enough to log the burn because....it doesn't.

I already did my part to help the OP.......now I'm attempting to help DavPul. Despite my explosive perfection, lifting people up and rising them to my ranks takes 1-on-1 attention.

Now wait your turn.
  • jeremywm1977
    edited November 2015
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Roughly.

Holy crap jofjltncb6, short, simple, to the point.
    Please write a book and sell it to some of those who are hating on me, for who knows what reason. I come to the defense of the OP and now I'm the a**hole.

As evidenced by my posts above, I can play the role quite nicely.