What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Violator_Rose
    Violator_Rose Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Went down a size! From fitting in between size 8-10 to 6-8 :):)
  • RedArmy1918
    RedArmy1918 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV: no more in her thigh chafing!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ran into a buddy I hadn't seen this year. It took a long moment for him to recognize me!

We chatted a while, he was very complimentary on my loss. He told me he was going to have his hip replaced next month, and quickly followed it up with "if I lost weight like you did I wouldn't need surgery". Very true he's really grown since I'd seen him. It was really odd as he was always in the gym and fit, we changed places.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I quit my job :)
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    cdcllcga01 wrote: »
    I had a dinner meeting scheduled at a restaurant this evening and when I pre-logged the food I wanted to order, I figured out I was going to be over my calories for the day. So I went to the hotel fitness center and did an hour on the treadmill prior to going out. Problem solved! What a dramatic behavior change from a year ago when I would have just gone out and scarfed it all down (and more) without any tracking what so ever and therefore, no knowledge. Thanks MFP!!!

Accountability! WTG
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Two NSVs for the price of one:
    - Ran 5k non-stop today! Decided to tackle it since I can already run 30 mins but haven't really tried to go farther, and I did it!!
    - It was when I woke up and I seriously I didn't think I would go out but I did! And it wasn't bad at all
    (Tbh I wasn't sure I would complete the distance but while running I kept on thinking about writing an NSV and 4k just isn't the same as 5k :smiley: )
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm designing this! Instead of watching TV and snaking while I recuperate. :o

xfsksvnnodk1.png
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It happenned this morning. I don't know how much i lost this week, but last week i lost 6lbs and i just couldn't see it ! Today as i was changing, i caught my back reflection in the mirror to realise that the sides of my waist were smooth ! No visible love handles !
    This is the first time i've seen a visible change in my body since i began my journey (i'm new to this, just 3 weeks in) and i can't tell you how great it felt !
  • RGannam
    RGannam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    On the less earth-shattering end of the spectrum: I went to my university's ice hockey game last night, first game I've attended this season. I did *not* eat a Dove ice cream bar in the break between 2nd & 3rd periods (a long term tradition): I had already had enough to eat yesterday. (Also, my team won.)

College hockey is the best!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I have two offices, one that I only work in once or twice a month. Today, I am working in the satellite office. A supervisor who was on vacation the last time I was here said to me, "You know you are shrinking, right?" Yes. And thank you for noticing.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Two NSVs for the price of one:
    - Ran 5k non-stop today! Decided to tackle it since I can already run 30 mins but haven't really tried to go farther, and I did it!!
    - It was when I woke up and I seriously I didn't think I would go out but I did! And it wasn't bad at all
    (Tbh I wasn't sure I would complete the distance but while running I kept on thinking about writing an NSV and 4k just isn't the same as 5k :smiley: )

You Rock! I was walking on air for days after the first time I did it! Congratulations!

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm designing this! Instead of watching TV and snaking while I recuperate. :o

xfsksvnnodk1.png

Looks like you are planning to get ORGANIZED!

• nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It has been agony watching the scale the past few months. However, I went to a store a couple nights ago to get a new pair of jeans and I fit into a size 3/4 now!!!! I tried on multiple pairs in different brands just to make sure. And it's a comfortable 3/4, I can move around and bend haha. I am overjoyed!! Those last 13 pounds don't seem so bad as long as I'm still encountering NSV's. Congrats to everyone on all of your accomplishments!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    BF said he could see a difference in my face and tummy. =) we only see each other every other week, so he is in a better position to notice.

I can't really see it, even with progress photos and all my clothes seem to fit the same. I've lost 9 pounds since the beginning of the year, but the last 6 pounds came off last week. (I don't really know what is up with that, but it is staying off.)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Another notch in on my belt! It was ALMOST there on Sunday and this morning went all the way.

This weekend I went outlet shopping with my sister and got a bunch of Christmas shopping done (a first for me) and was able to go in to nearly every store and find something that fit! At Nautica I was able to wear their XL shirts and sweaters instead of their XXL in their women's department. I have never been able to just walk in to a 'normal' store and shop...let alone shop in not the biggest size there. Same with the Gap Outlet. I'm not used to it, but I like it.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Today I outworked my husband. We were loading firewood onto our truck and then unloading it into our basement. I loaded almost the entire truck while he had his morning tea. He came out in time to help with the last little bit, then helped unload it. After unloading, he said he was ready for a break and wanted to go in for coffee. I told him go ahead, I'd start on the next load. He said "This is supposed to look hard, and you're not even sweating." He went in for coffee and I loaded the next load. I think it makes him feel good that I still need him to load the biggest chunks, though :) .
  • proudseal
    proudseal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. Finishing my half marathon (and under my goal time).
    2. Hearing "Hey, you look smaller!"
    3. Realizing clothes shopping doesn't suck anymore.
    4. No longer obsessing about "good" and "bad" foods, food is just food.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I had a procedure done and had to remove the chain around my neck. Thing is hard to get un/locked leading me to remove it by slipping it over my head. The chain just fits, barely, have to be lined up perfect to be able to slide through. Well it used to, today it slid off with inches to spare. My head shrunk!
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have to buy a new belt because the old one is too BIG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!