Has anyone tried Colon Cleansing???

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I was just typing and not thinking about the organs directly. The organs that benefit from such a cleanse are the kidneys, liver, and large and small intestines. Im not trying to advertise anything, I dont sell the stuff. It worked for me. Purification, also known as detoxification, can help you remove natural toxins from your body and help maintain a healthy weight. We are exposed to external toxins everyday, including pollutants, pestisides, and chemicals. Internally our bodies produce waste byproducts as a result of normal metabolic function. Although your body is designed to rid itself of these toxins naturally, it can become overburdened. Purification offers your body ((additional support.))

But go for the Big Mac if thats what you want.

Does anyone ever get more specific than 'toxins'? Or where a pesticide resides in the body? Did you knowthe byproduct of ATP production is nothing more than H2O? Oxygen comes off the last phase of our ATP production 'relay', and a hydrogen from the ATP synthase pump joins it along with oxygen that has been transported into the cell from a red blood cell. Then it just remains in the body or is excreted if we are overhydrated. Ammonia produced from protein metabolism is immediately converted to urea in the kidney and also excreted with the urine. The NADH and FADH left behind after the first and second phases of ATP production are reused in the following phases. In fact, pretty much everything is recycled.

The intestines play a HUGE role in the immune system--specialized structures in the surface absorb nutrients that 'feed' the lymph system. So by eradicating any nutrients to absorb, you're actually suppressing the immune system, thus leaving yourself more susceptible to infection.

I respect chiropractors and holistic doctors for what they know and do, but at the same time recognize their limits. They don't receive the same education as an MD. Although they may be able to provide alternative therapies, they don't have to perform research or attend medical school. They want to make money just as badly as anyone else, and a $200 cleansing kit is a great way to do it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Holy crap (pardon the pun) a lot of derp was tolerated in 2009! How far we've come!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    aorose wrote: »
    I have heard a lot about colon cleansing and I have seen lots of advertisements. Has anyone out there tried it. Is it worth it and can the over the counter types you can get at GNC just as good as the expensive internet items?

Lots of questions I know. But I don't want to waste money if I don't have to. I get really bloated and I have heard this can help this plus shed pounds, waste and help your body to absorb nutrients better.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Angel
    Your colon cleanses itself just fine. If not, then there's a medical issue that needs to be addressed by a doctor or gastroenterologist.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    dietracker wrote: »
    I did the Standard Process Purification Cleanse which detoxes your internal organs; spleen, kidneys, gall bladder, intestines... It is a 21 day process and worth every dollar. It reaaaallly works and is a great jump start to eating cleaner in the year to come. When I did it I lost anywhere from 10-15 pounds. And fealt great in the process. Check it out...I think you have to get it through a chiropractor or a holistic doctor. The consultation should be free. The kit is $223.00 . A little pricey I know, but I am telling you. It works and does amazing things for your body. Hope this helps.

Lacy
    Sorry, but there's no scientific support (peer reviewed clinical study) that show that "cleanses" do anything more drop a little water weight.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    dietracker wrote: »
    Sorry. I was just typing and not thinking about the organs directly. The organs that benefit from such a cleanse are the kidneys, liver, and large and small intestines. Im not trying to advertise anything, I dont sell the stuff. It worked for me. Purification, also known as detoxification, can help you remove natural toxins from your body and help maintain a healthy weight. We are exposed to external toxins everyday, including pollutants, pestisides, and chemicals. Internally our bodies produce waste byproducts as a result of normal metabolic function. Although your body is designed to rid itself of these toxins naturally, it can become overburdened. Purification offers your body ((additional support.))

But go for the Big Mac if thats what you want.
    A "toxin" would be something like snake venom. There aren't any "toxins" that need to be removed from the body and if there were, an OTC wouldn't do it. There would have to be MEDICAL assistance for this.
    This is information that needs to be debunked because the diet industry is preying on the naivety of people who aren't well versed in how physiology actually works.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Damn. Zombie thread.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I did one years ago before I knew better. I lost 10lbs in 3 days.... But I also spent 90% of that time on the pot pissing out of my *kitten*. I gained it all back within a week. One of the dumbest things I've ever done!
  • Pittshkr_
    Pittshkr_ Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    never_trust_a_fart_x_post_fartgifs-57123.gif
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I do a cleanse every year after New Year, not because I want to loose weight, not because I want to clean my colon out, but because I use it as a reset to get back into stop eating and get back on track.

Yes, I loose weight on it, and yes, most is water and (please excuse my language) crap, you put it all back on again after the cleanse. Yes it rehydrates me after far too much alcohol after the x-mas festivities, and clears up my skin after too much fatty food.

My point is... yes I do a cleanse yearly and have done for the past 10 years, the only scientific effect I have seen so far is: I go from bloated and eating everything in sight, to regain control of my eating and get back on track to a healthier lifestyle. But this effect is for me personally, you might just get really hungry and binge. Who knows.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It is based on ancient beliefs that are now debunked.

http://m.livescience.com/15912-colon-cleansing-useless-dangerous.html

I prepared for a colonoscopy once. I would only do again under doctor's orders. Do be prepared for twelve hours intimately acquainted with your commode.