Back Fat Before and After Pics!?

Options
Hia, I am 26 and have gone from 11 stone 13 lb's to 9 stone 11 lb's. (I have gone up and down over the years.)

No matter how much weight I lose I always have a huuuge amount of upper back fat and behind my arms. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing a bra or not, the bulge is there.

It means I have no confidence to wear clothes that don't cover my back or arms up and cant wear light colours. I wish so much i could wear a strappy top or a dress without a black shrug to cover up.

So, all I'm asking for is some motivation! any success stories and/or pictures?

I'm hoping that losing another 5lb's will get me there. . . .time will tell

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My back fat has shrunk considerably...but not sure if I'm ready to share a pic on here. Maybe I'll message it to you, lol.
  • cheesychiplet
    cheesychiplet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oh yes that would be great. I wanted to get round to posting a before pic....kind of a before pic as i've already lost a load of weight ...but yeah it's not nice when the only place you want gone does not go!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting and strength training has worked for me. My trainer has me do TRX, push ups, barbell work and planks. It works. I have a long way to go and I take terrible at selfies but this is my three month progress.

8r18xcz6iwux.jpeg
  • PattyRS77
    PattyRS77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting and strength training has worked for me. My trainer has me do TRX, push ups, barbell work and planks. It works. I have a long way to go and I take terrible at selfies but this is my three month progress.

8r18xcz6iwux.jpeg

Wow...good job! Your pic is great inspiration for me!!
  • cheesychiplet
    Options
    Oh wow that's really great. I don't have the money for a personal trainer and my arms aren't very strong soat the moment i'm just lifting water bottles haha. You really do look great, I hope my back will look like that soon!
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    Try using FitnessBlender.com. It's free and there are several workouts that take no special equipment. Another great one is Pop Pilates. Both of these can be found on YouTube. That's where I started out.
  • Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm doing this but here is day 1 and day 100 (this weekend). 12.06 to 10.10. Have you taken 'before' pics? It might help you to compare shrinkage. Mine is mainly lower back but I think the top looks better too.
    knttxmx5zxyg.jpg
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    You go girl!!! @Sweep79
  • Sweep79
    Options
    @debrakgoogins I cannot believe I now appear on the world wide web in my knickers
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've lost almost 60 lbs so far this year. My BMI is 24 now, but I still have some back fat. I don't expect it to go away until I lose another 10-20 lbs.
  • cheesychiplet
    Options
    Wow you look brilliant @Sweep79 . The hard work has definitely paid off! Well done xxx
  • cheesychiplet
    Options
    Try using FitnessBlender.com. It's free and there are several workouts that take no special equipment. Another great one is Pop Pilates. Both of these can be found on YouTube. That's where I started out.

Thanks I will have a look xxx
  • cheesychiplet
    Options
    Sweep79 wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm doing this but here is day 1 and day 100 (this weekend). 12.06 to 10.10. Have you taken 'before' pics? It might help you to compare shrinkage. Mine is mainly lower back but I think the top looks better too.
    knttxmx5zxyg.jpg

Just taken a before pic. ..its horrible! Won't put it up until I've lost 5 lb's and seen the progress
  • smkuhn1419
    smkuhn1419 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Sweep79 you look great! Amazing results! Don't worry about you in your knickers on the web. The pics are incredible. Your hard work is definently paying off!! So excited for you! I can't wait to have some before and after pics. I just started my journey almost 2 weeks ago so body wise nothing has changed for me but my endurance has went up. So that's an exciting accomplishment for me :smiley: keep up your amazing work!!!!
  • Sweep79
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm not even halfway to goal yet. @cheesychiplet you're pretty light so think 5lb will really show up. Good luck (and nobody quote me again - can't be having multiple pictures of my *kitten* online!)
  • Sweep79
    Options
    Ooh, it censored me! How clever.
  • cheesychiplet
    Options
    @Sweep79 thankyou! I was hoping that bow I've lost a load of Weight and that the weight is dropping off slower that it might show more. I hope you're right! Thanks for the boost! X
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    You just need to do some back/shoulder strengthening exercises. You don't need a trainer - just google online body weight exercises you can do. This is a very common complaint amongst people losing weight without strength training - you still have "problem areas" or "skinny fat". Good luck!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I am a competitive bodybuilder, so your back will only look like mine with a lot of work. You won't accidentally end up with as much muscle as I have, so don't freak out about lifting weights because it takes many years to build up this much muscle.

Before:
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    b2f46576f9eb585503cea6e97befc99ff67c.jpg

After:
    eKQqsIAaHbwNpGWyuiSeZgphfcHEkmflhTst-610xh.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    *Also, when I'm not flexing you can't see my muscle. I just look fit. Clothes fit well and I don't have the back fat roll over on bras or tank tops.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!