Fail Week. Share your shame?

Options

Replies

• MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Haha. Totally been there. This past 6 days I started eating carbs, and it made my appetite through the roof! It seriously made me so unnecessarily hungry and I ate everything in sight for 4 days. My husband was shocked, ahha.

It just goes to show that when you spike your insulin levels like that you don't actually stay full. Veggies are the way to go. Trying to get back on track now...
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This morning i was so hungry i ended up eating almost my entire daily goal of 1500 calories in one sitting. I probably won't eat anything the rest of today. I know this pattern is extremely unhealthy but i can't seem to break free from it.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I just ate birthday cake for breakfast.. . .and we are having pizza for lunch. . . dinner might have to be soup.
    I don't really call this a fail, but I don't want to make a habit of days like this

I did have a house guest last week, and we did some eating out, but I managed to stay within goal for 4 out of the 5 days.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Although I've done two runs this week, I've not done my full gym resistance programme for nearly two weeks. My commute home is currently rammed with roadworks and the usual 1 hour journey is taking 1 hr 40 most nights by which time I've lost all mostivation to workout and can't face the though of starting to cook a meal at 8pm when I'd finally get in.
  • Stop1510
    Stop1510 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Its nice to hear I am not the only one struggling with a streak of too much food and not enough exercise. My "bad " days started around Halloween and have lasted through my Aunt's funeral on the 7th when I did'nt log anything for four days straight. Now I am back to logging but can't seem to get motivated to exercise as a result I have had a calorie goal of 1700 for the day and have been eating about 700 calories above that enough of a calorie surplus to make the scale go up instead of down. Reading the threads have been motivating on mfp though. We can get back on track and do this!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My weakness since halloween has been candy :(

It's all gone... and then some!
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Half my calories today were from halloween candy....wth??????? Oh, and 1/4 of them were from pizza....wthx2???????
    proudseal wrote: »
    I bought ALL THE CHOCOLATE AND ATE IT

Ha ha, love it! I was beating myself up for having cake and ice cream last night, but I think it's going around. Proudseal I love your unapologetic attitude! I need to get over my self flogging.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wanted something sweet after lunch, then binged on 9 keebler cookies. So that's going to be another day without deficit.

The good thing I guess it that I've realized that if I just eat something because it's there, and not because I REALLY want it, I'm more likely to eat more of it, because it doesn't satisfy me as much. So, silver lining I guess... don't start eating the stuff if you don't really crave it. Note to self I guess.
  • steph0324
    steph0324 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was so focused on hitting my biometric goals for my health insurance at work and so ecstatic when I exceeded the goals I had set so that I could get the lowest tier of payments for my insurance that I have eaten absolutely everything in sight for the past 3 weeks. Seriously, if it was fried, dipped in chocolate, or covered in grease, I probably consumed it. Surprisingly, when I hauled my scale back out of the closet today, it did not reflect nearly the damage that I was anticipating and showed a 1 pound loss for the period rather than the 5 pound gain that I deserved. Time to get back on track!
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I almost failed today and didn't log the cookies I was eating, but forced myself to. Now I'm an hour and a half from the end of my shift and resisting the urge to eat everything in the vending machine outside! Augh! I just want to snack!

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Well, it was last week rather than this week but I had a corporate hospitality evening.

Two nice bottles of Malbec may have been drunk during the course of the night.

By me alone *facepalm*
  • Sinead1819
    Sinead1819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cake sale today at work... DAMMIT! :')
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    In for awesome food ideas! Sticky toffee pudding...

hsd.gif
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yesterday I found out again why it's a bad idea to buy fresh bread from the local bakery.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    All this talk about pizza is making me want some!!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I got snatched by the Brach's Candy Corn on sale for $.25 for a large bag the day after Halloween.. I bought 2. I finally had to fess up to the husband yesterday that yes, there had been 2 bags and I ate all but... maybe 2 servings of them. :#
  • locoindijane
    locoindijane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A *kitten* week for me as my sweet tooth decided to show up..still trying to pick up the pieces
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't do shame anymore and I think that shame for eating just makes it more difficult not to overeat. I feel so much better when the food I eat, satisfies me and nourishes me at the same time, with no regrets - that means that most of my foods are real and fresh nutrient dense food, but I can eat anything as long as I don't eat everything at once, and not all the time. So I can't fail, I just live.

If you feel you can't refuse food offered to you, I think maybe that idea could be something you'd benefit from working on. Eating just because the food is there, isn't necessary anymore.

Make sure your goal isn't set too aggressive. A slow but steady weightloss is more sustainable in the long run, and you're in this for a long time.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I don't do shame anymore and I think that shame for eating just makes it more difficult not to overeat. I feel so much better when the food I eat, satisfies me and nourishes me at the same time, with no regrets - that means that most of my foods are real and fresh nutrient dense food, but I can eat anything as long as I don't eat everything at once, and not all the time. So I can't fail, I just live.

If you feel you can't refuse food offered to you, I think maybe that idea could be something you'd benefit from working on. Eating just because the food is there, isn't necessary anymore.

Make sure your goal isn't set too aggressive. A slow but steady weightloss is more sustainable in the long run, and you're in this for a long time.

Nah sometimes we just like food too much. I don't feel shame for eating delicious foods, but I feel guilty if I eat too much of it... which isn't a bad thing IMO, because if I didn't feel bad about it, well, I'd probably go back to being 200 pounds again.

I had 1000 calories (probably) worth of homemade cinnamon rolls this morning and it was TOTALLY worth it. I'm probably skipping lunch too because I had a late breakfast because of it. Won't meet my macros but whatever. Will keep the rest of the day healthy and try to stay under my calories anyway... and go to the gym.