I need a fitness buddy....

Options

Replies

• analyse1977
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Today I workout in the morning and did Turb jam fat blaster and a 20 min workout. Then this evening I was bored and did the fat blaster again wihich is 30 min and 35 min of Turbo Jam body scuplt. Does anyone know if it's okay to workout twice a day?? I feel okay-well lets see tomorrow!!! Lizette
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Windsor pilates, my friend just sent me a bunch of DVDs. Has anyone does this, it's kicking my butt!

I just picked up Windsor pilates from my local library! I plan to give it a try today - if my little ones let me!
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I appreciate this challenge.
    I made it to the gym 3 days in a row! :wink:
    My goodness, it has been so busy there lately. I guess it is good to see so many other motivated people!!:happy:
    Anyway I did a full 60 minutes of cardio. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    But, I confess I blew it at dinner, I kind of over justified the calories because of the excercise. :angry:
    Oh well, I am determined to do better today and make it 4 days in a row.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts in the afternoon.

Today I will run for 35 min with the dog.
    Do my abs for 30 min I do these while watching my shows on TV.

I orederd the jIllian Michaels 30 min shred so I will be doing that everyday as soon as it gets here.
  • momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok, im totally getting the 30 day shred dvd! Everyone seems to really like it!
    Yesterday the only exercise i could muster with my KILLING headache was 25 crunches and 25 pilates crunches things ( i have no idea what they are called, lol) and I was just proud of myself for doing those without throwing up, darn that headache. Today it is better, so I am going to do floor exercises- stretches, pilates moves, yoga moves, leg lifts, stomach crunches, etc. Then tomorrow I hope to do more walking/dancing. Oh, I hope to have my dvd by then too! I will do that.
    I am just LOVING this thread and soooo happy that I reached out to find a fitness buddy! Now I have so many new friends!!
    Maybe in a week or two I will lose a pound, lol. For some reason, when I work out, Im starving!!! Not so good when you are trying to lose weight! LOL!!!!:grumble:
    Love, Jaelle
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    jaelle: Try eating before you go work out or have a protein shake afterwards that works for me
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    oh thats a good idea, eat before, lol. I was so shocked at how very hungry I was afterwards! I felt awful about it!!!!!
    Thanks so much!!!! Everyone is so super awesome helpful!!!!!!!!
    Im soooo ready for warm weather when I can go outside and walk etc. play with the kids outside, run around and play soccer, etc. Im limited here at home, because we have no workout equipment and no money for a gym membership, so i just pop on my ipod and dance and walk in place, not sure if it does anything, but i sure do feel sore afterwards!! my kids think im HILARIOUS too!!!! that always makes me laugh watching them try to dance along! :laugh:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i got my workout in today!!!! so i was feeling VERY lazy today and it took me 2 hours to get off my lazy butt and workout, so as my punishment to myself for being so lazy was doing 30 day shred.... 2X(killer)!!! i feel great now!!! when im feeling lazy i always try to remember how great i feel after i excercise!!
  • sumiemama
    Options
    Hi. I would love to join. I'm new to this whole thing. In fact... this is my first message. Sounds like more fun than doing it alone. Thanks for the opportunity.
  • SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    I made to the spinning class today, and I did the body sculpting class right before that! That's 45 minutes of strength training and abs plus 35 minutes cardio. I'm exhausted but I'm sooo glad I went! I don't if I would have if I hadn't gotten on here and read everyone's reports today!!
    :smile: Great job everyone!:smile:
  • SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    I just picked up Windsor pilates from my local library! I plan to give it a try today - if my little ones let me!
    [/quote]

Let me know what you think! It's going to take me a bit to get used to it...everyone on there is so flexible! I think I like it though.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    Hi. I would love to join. I'm new to this whole thing. In fact... this is my first message. Sounds like more fun than doing it alone. Thanks for the opportunity.

WELCOME!!!
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You guys are amazing, I cant get over how some of you will go to two classes, or do a video twice in one day! Im so happy that I did 20 minutes of walking and 20 minutes of "floor exercises" yesterday. Thats nothing! You guys rock!!!!!
    Im going to get the 30 day shred video tomorrow! So excited!
    I will be checking in later to report my workout!!!!!!
    Im sore, lol. dont know why ROFL:drinker:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    So my Thursday workout took a turn! I had started the Windsor Pilates dvd & decided that I would do the first dvd (the instructions & beginner's workout). It went pretty well! I planned to do the next workout dvd which was a 20min work out. However, I got hungry & ate lunch while the baby was sleeping. A senseable salad, mind you! Then my husband calls & says that someone wants to see our house (we are trying to sell). So, no pilates video... However, I did find out later that night that house cleaning is listed on the site!! So when I figured out that in preparing for our house showing by cleaning for 3 hours I burned over 600 calories!!
    So my workout wasn't what I had in mind, but it worked!! :wink:

Oh, yeah, & I did week 3 day 2 of the 100 push up challenge!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Friday's work out is done!! Step & Tone class. I may try to get to that pilates video later... we'll see! :smile:
  • sumiemama
    Options
    You guys are are amazing. I workout 30 mins. a day. That's all. I know it's better than nothing but I hope to get more in as my energy level improves.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    so i got my workout in today!!! i really didnt want to excercise, so again i did double and now i feel great!!! i did level 3 and then level 1 of 30 day shred...i seriously thought i might die at one point but i kept saying to myself, push through it...push through it!!! well i got through it, i had to modify a little cause my knee was killing me, but i go through it!!! :happy:
    so.....every morning i really dont want to work out but i always know that getting the workout clothes on is the first step. after i get them on, i am always ready to workout, (i dont know why but it just seems to trigger something!!) so i decided that tomorrow when i first get up i will put them on right away, so i am ready to workout first thing, rather than being lazy in my pjs for half the day!!! if it works for me, maybe it can work for someone else!!! good luck and keep on moving!!!!:drinker: :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    You guys are are amazing. I workout 30 mins. a day. That's all. I know it's better than nothing but I hope to get more in as my energy level improves.

That's great!! As you feel yourself getting stronger you can push yourself a bit more & set goals! It's so exciting to see the small changes that occur after adding in just a little bit of excercise!!

Great to have you here! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    so i got my workout in today!!! i really didnt want to excercise, so again i did double and now i feel great!!! i did level 3 and then level 1 of 30 day shred...i seriously thought i might die at one point but i kept saying to myself, push through it...push through it!!! well i got through it, i had to modify a little cause my knee was killing me, but i go through it!!! :happy:
    so.....every morning i really dont want to work out but i always know that getting the workout clothes on is the first step. after i get them on, i am always ready to workout, (i dont know why but it just seems to trigger something!!) so i decided that tomorrow when i first get up i will put them on right away, so i am ready to workout first thing, rather than being lazy in my pjs for half the day!!! if it works for me, maybe it can work for someone else!!! good luck and keep on moving!!!!:drinker: :tongue: :bigsmile:

Great suggestions on the fitness wear thing!! And I gotta get that SHRED!! It sounds awesome! Keep pushing through!! :wink: