Do you lose faster or slower than mfp predicts?

Options
13»

Replies

• SassieSarah
    Options
    Soooo much slower......! But I'm down on my last 8 lbs, and its almost impossible.....:(
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Swings and roundabouts really; if you've got it to lose, you'll lose it fast, but the lighter you get the slower the loss will become...

That is my findings anyway :wink:

I started out with 8 lb to lose and it still went fast. Now, to maintain, I have to set my calories myself or I'd keep losing. I wonder if mfp's calories allow for watching TV on the sofa every night, which I don't.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    MUCH slower! And I don't cheat at all. Starting to wonder if since I am really short if 1200 is too much for me. I'm only 4' 10 1/2".
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Much slower... But I'm ok with that because It's still working :) If I lost at the rate MFP is set to (1lb per week) I would already be down 18 pounds (down 10 right now). But admittedly, I cheat on a regular basis (read: every weekend) so it's probably not so much that the site is wrong, but that I'm not following it properly! If I ate how I eat on my good days (usually Monday-Friday) the daily predictions would be a lot more accurate!

YES, ALISON!! LOL! It's all about the gosh darn weekend. "What honey? We have a Groupon for BBQ? Awesome!":tongue:
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose 1 lb/week, but I've lost 19 in 2 months. Come to find out, after I got my HRM, I'm burning more calories than I thought. So I bumped my goal up and now that my deficit is more accurate, I'm assuming I'll slow down now.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Faster especially considering I rarely workout. :-/

Hmm, actually I just added up the weeks that I've started changing my lifestyle (16 weeks) and it's right on track with the 2 pound a week goal. Again, definitely good, since I haven't worked out regularly in weeks.