40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service, alf.

My countdown is not really a countdown.....I want to try a "long-range plan". So, I created a 20-week plan for myself.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Terrible fight with wife yesterday. All I wanted to do was eat the pain away. I didn't though. I ate but light then did something else. Now today will be its own challenge as the emotions are still upset
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done! "Nailed It"!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Changes in US culture. At a group where they recognized veterans. There are 30 people here and only two of us have served. If the average age had been 65 the numbers would have been higher and if 75 much higher. But the average age is around 50.
  • Coolhandkid
    Coolhandkid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, turned 40 last week so here I am.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted today. And i will lift tomorrow, too.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! @allenpriest, thank you for your service!!!! You must be in an area not near a military installation. I live in San Antonio. Almost anywhere you go you meet someone who is serving or has served. I hope things are better with your wife.

I had a wonderful birthday with my family. My Dr called today with news about my X-rays, nothing was found. She ordered an MRI, I have a referral to see a neurologist. I also have an appt with my podiatrist on Monday. This is so frustrating!!! My foot and some areas in my lower leg/ankle continue to hurt. I haven't been able to exercise the way I want to. My husband and the lady who works with my son were suggesting neuropathy or even fibromyalgia. I want to stay positive. Ugh!!!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Lower Focus"=Done & "nailed".

"FOCUS T25 Alpha: Ab Intervals"=Done & "almost nailed". I did do better than last week though!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Alf, I love San Antonio. My sister used to live there a long time ago. Wish your foot would get better, or at least know what is going on with it would be nice. Hopefully you can get some answers soon.
    We have quite a few military in my family. three brothers and a sister, brother in law, they were all in several years, my husband did 20 years in the USMC. He has been out since 2004.
    I am trying to eat a little better, choose better snacks. My weight has gone up 2 lbs the last week, and had been staying the same before that for months. I made a big pot of veggie soup to have for lunch this week, that usually gets my calories lower for the day. I finally have the weight bench set up down cellar. It's pretty nice.
    I hope you all have had a good week. Have a nice weekend.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I did combat conditioning last night and hopefully will be going to the gym tonight with my sister. She says they have Kettlebells so I'm going to come up with a workout for myself. I'm headed to TO on the train in an hour to spend my birthday with my sister! Looking forward to a girls weekend. Though I know by tonight I'll miss my kids! Happy Friday the 13th!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't believe in friday the 13.

Except a lost an earring today.....from the pair of earrings I bought four days ago. :(

Now, I Iost it at the gym, likely in the shower, after I lifted. So, at least I got my lifting in.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids. I have a late night at work tonight. It's a lockout for a wedding, so not much for me to do but surf the web.

Not too much shoveling this week. I tweaked my back bring five gallon buckets of clay up out of the hole last Friday, then when I did do a little shoveling Saturday morning I realized it was more serious than I thought. So I have been trying to get the pepper plants I'm going to put in my greenhouse transplanted into as small a space as possible. It's tough trying to decide which ones make the cut. I have at least twice as many as will fit.

And Mamma has had a bad couple of weeks, topped off with a low blood pressure event yesterday, causing her to have slurred speech and to stumble around. She was with her cousin and niece in the tomato fields when it happened and wouldn't go to the ER. By the time they got her back home, so was doing better. But it looks we are in for rough ride.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. You guys have a good one,

Larro

PS. Here are the numbers for the week. 20.2% Body Fat, 23.4 BMI & 167.9 Pounds. That is a gain of 0.1 pounds for the week. It took fried pork chops and ice cream to get me back to there. I spent a good deal of the week around 165.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! Beeps, good for getting your lifting done!!!

3furballs, have a great time with your sister!!!

Gam, your workouts sound so awesome! I miss mine. :(

Natalie, thank you to everyone for their service. Yes, SA is nice. The military brought us here. We've been here for 17yrs now. Enjoy your weight bench!!

I'm so frustrated, my leg still hurting. MRI scheduled on Tuesday. I didn't try to workout today. Ugh!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
  • angieh5793
    angieh5793 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    First off, how do you join this group??
    I'm 44, in menopause, Yay me!!! :-)
    I have battled depression for 22 years, since the death of my son. I need to lose the last 20 pounds, struggling with this last goal! Any suggestions on what to do at the gym to be more productive, would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Have a great day!
  • alf1163
    Options
    @angieh5793, welcome to the group! This isn't a private group you need to sign up. It is an ongoing thread of 40+ yr olds who like to take care of ourselves. Just post away!!! Sorry to hear about the loss of your son. What are you doing at the gym? First off I'm a strong believer that no matter how much you exercise you MUST eat healthy and keep your calories in check. Exercise wise, I strongly recommend strength training and interval training. No need to spend hrs at the gym, sometimes a quick but effective 30min workout will do. Good luck to you!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Spartan stadium sprint"=DONE!4vxnz4wsoifn.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    it was fun. I DID roll my ankle early on, but finished (hour & 5 min.) and walked fine (but a little sore) for the rest of the day. just got home and took off my shoe and sock...yup, it's swollen. D'OH!

loggcc22pdhn.jpg
  • morsedonna2
    morsedonna2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Happy to be a part of the cool
    Kids. Although I am only here for a couple more years. Just turned 49 this month. I have to say I feel better than ever. I have lost over 20 lbs and I try to stay as active as possible. Glad to be here ! Oh and I am a mom of 3. They are 9, 6 and 2. No miracle births. My daughter is 9 and adopted from China. The other 2 are my foster children I am in the process of adopting.
  • morsedonna2
    morsedonna2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow typo. I turned 48 this month. I will take that year back thank you. Lol