What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• happyscruffy
    happyscruffy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow looking forward to adding to this thread. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Today while out my newborn son had his diaper leak which resulted in him peeing all over my pants. This particular pair of pants has become my favorite comfy pair but my husband had been commenting on how baggy they were. We had somewhere to be so I had to go buy pants for me. I grabbed the 22W (US) being hopeful that they would fit as the one pair I had at home that size had finally started too. I tried on 3 different pairs of 22s three different styles and they all fit even loose to the point where I knew after 1 day they would be baggy on day 2. So my dear husband went and picked out 2 different style size 20W (US) and low and behold they fit and well too. I couldn't bring myself to get them as they weren't on clearance and the point was to just find a quick outfit to replace the one my son had piddled on but they did fit and I had to get a new top which is now a women's size 1. This is a far cry from the 26W (US) and 3x/4x tops I was wearing 70lbs ago. Makes me super excited.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Today while out my newborn son had his diaper leak which resulted in him peeing all over my pants. This particular pair of pants has become my favorite comfy pair but my husband had been commenting on how baggy they were. We had somewhere to be so I had to go buy pants for me. I grabbed the 22W (US) being hopeful that they would fit as the one pair I had at home that size had finally started too. I tried on 3 different pairs of 22s three different styles and they all fit even loose to the point where I knew after 1 day they would be baggy on day 2. So my dear husband went and picked out 2 different style size 20W (US) and low and behold they fit and well too. I couldn't bring myself to get them as they weren't on clearance and the point was to just find a quick outfit to replace the one my son had piddled on but they did fit and I had to get a new top which is now a women's size 1. This is a far cry from the 26W (US) and 3x/4x tops I was wearing 70lbs ago. Makes me super excited.

Woo Hoo and Wow de Wow for you! Congratulations!

Talk about turning lemons into lemonade! :wink:

I've been buying most of my clothes in thrift stores cuz I just can't bring myself to pay full price. I've gone from a 24 to ALMOST a 14. Still have 39 pounds to go so I'll still be shopping 2nd hand for a while .
  • AmNestor
    AmNestor Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bought these beautiful new pants this summer, I broke them the first day I wore them. My grandma sew them back together but they didn't fit me anymore, but this morning I tried them back on and I rock them!
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding in a month. I found one at Target, one of the more reliable stores for finding my size without breaking the bank. There was one XL left on the rack of a beautiful blue dress. I have historically always been a Target XXL, but figured what the heck, I've been losing so I may as well try it. The XL was too big, and I wound up buying a large! It has a fitted bodice, and isn't stretchy so it's especially shocking to me. I'm a L at Target. Who woulda thunk?
    18922 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Window shopping in a store, that i would never buy from before because all the clothes were too small. Saw a beautiful suede, fushia jacket!!! I fell in love with it, but knew it would never fit. When i started my weight loss journey i was in a 3x-4x. I decided to try this puppy on, what could it hurt, besides my pride! It fit!!!! OMG!!! It was only a size 14.It fit like a glove,like it was made just for me. It is so wonderful!!!

What a victory? Did you buy it?
  • zagbee
    zagbee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My first NSV! I just purchased pants one size SMALLER! I have only purchased bigger and bigger sizes for the last 5-6 years as I have continued gaining weight after have 2 babies and I truly thought I would never buy a smaller size again. I was stuffing myself into my skinny jeans at the start of all of this and now I just ordered a size down! I am ecstatic!
  • tnsconz
    tnsconz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today was my son's birthday. I had ONE piece of chocolate cake. In years past it would have been much more (not to mention I would have bought a bigger cake to start with). After that piece I was satisfied and went back to the plan!
  • tnsconz
    tnsconz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    RobinC37 wrote: »
    I went shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding in a month. I found one at Target, one of the more reliable stores for finding my size without breaking the bank. There was one XL left on the rack of a beautiful blue dress. I have historically always been a Target XXL, but figured what the heck, I've been losing so I may as well try it. The XL was too big, and I wound up buying a large! It has a fitted bodice, and isn't stretchy so it's especially shocking to me. I'm a L at Target. Who woulda thunk?

That is awesome ! Congrats!

• lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    18922 wrote:What a victory! Did you buy it? 18922, i sure did. How could i walk away from that!!! LOL
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This thread is my favourite on the whole forum, congratulations everybody! NSVs today: I bought a couple of gorgeous, smart dresses online in a size down because I'm kind of in between sizes right now and the way I'm going, I'm confident that they'll fit like a dream in time for Xmas.

My partner told me he can definitely tell I've lost weight, especially when I *whispers* don't have many clothes on!
  • JamalIgle
    JamalIgle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My NSV: Running a 10k in 54 minutes.
    Options
    18922 wrote:What a victory! Did you buy it? 18922, i sure did. How could i walk away from that!!! LOL
    Good for you! We need to treat ourselves after all our hard work. Wear it proudly and feel great!
    Options
    tnsconz wrote: »
    RobinC37 wrote: »

That is awesome ! Congrats!

That is an amazing feeling! Enjoy and celebrate all your hard work
    Options
    zagbee wrote: »
    My first NSV! I just purchased pants one size SMALLER! I have only purchased bigger and bigger sizes for the last 5-6 years as I have continued gaining weight after have 2 babies and I truly thought I would never buy a smaller size again. I was stuffing myself into my skinny jeans at the start of all of this and now I just ordered a size down! I am ecstatic!

Hurray! Amazing victory so happy for you
    Options
    patesq wrote: »
    I'm still going through this thread - there are some great successes here!

My recent ones:
    1. I finally got to triple digits on an upper body weight workout tonight - 100 lbs on the lat pull down! I'm hoping this one will help me eventually help me do a pull-up.

2. I was called a "beast" in the gym. One of our daughter's teachers works out at the same gym and he mentioned to her that he had seen us there. He told her that I am a beast and that I probably lift more than him. It's probably not true but interesting to hear!

3. I was called "someone that works out a lot" by one of the gym employees. I have never been known for my physical fitness so this was particularly nice.

4. This one is scale related but not directly a scale victory. I've gone from a BMI of 39.6 (the verge of morbid obesity) to a BMI of 31 (almost, but not quite, completely out of the obesity range).

5. Two more workouts and I'll have made it 16 weeks straight without missing a gym visit. I go twice a day, Monday through Saturday and once on Sunday; truly shocking for me. I even won a gym t-shirt for being one of the most regular attendees! This was actually funny because they asked me what size t-shirt I wear and I had to tell them I didn't really know any more.

6. Last one - I was able to order clothes in a regular (not plus or queen or women's) size! Still an XL but I'm getting there.

Keep it up everyone - this is a really inspiring thread!

97078419.png

Omg you go to gym twice a day?! You are awesome.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    18922 wrote: »
    patesq wrote: »
    I'm still going through this thread - there are some great successes here!

My recent ones:
    1. I finally got to triple digits on an upper body weight workout tonight - 100 lbs on the lat pull down! I'm hoping this one will help me eventually help me do a pull-up.

2. I was called a "beast" in the gym. One of our daughter's teachers works out at the same gym and he mentioned to her that he had seen us there. He told her that I am a beast and that I probably lift more than him. It's probably not true but interesting to hear!

3. I was called "someone that works out a lot" by one of the gym employees. I have never been known for my physical fitness so this was particularly nice.

4. This one is scale related but not directly a scale victory. I've gone from a BMI of 39.6 (the verge of morbid obesity) to a BMI of 31 (almost, but not quite, completely out of the obesity range).

5. Two more workouts and I'll have made it 16 weeks straight without missing a gym visit. I go twice a day, Monday through Saturday and once on Sunday; truly shocking for me. I even won a gym t-shirt for being one of the most regular attendees! This was actually funny because they asked me what size t-shirt I wear and I had to tell them I didn't really know any more.

6. Last one - I was able to order clothes in a regular (not plus or queen or women's) size! Still an XL but I'm getting there.

Keep it up everyone - this is a really inspiring thread!

97078419.png

Omg you go to gym twice a day?! You are awesome.

Yep. An hour of cardio + cool down every morning but Sunday. At night, a 20 minute cardio warm up, strength training (alternating upper and lower body), and a 20 minute cardio cool down. I've lost 54 lbs so it seems to be working!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!