Having widrawls

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
:sad: I have managed to stay away from the scale for 3 days!!!!
This is quite an accomplish for me as I usually torture myself daily!!
I am only going to weigh weekly for now. And when I feel like I am doing good with my weight loss I will try to cut it to monthly or bi-weekly

Anyone else having withdrawls?

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    :sad: I have managed to stay away from the scale for 3 days!!!!
    This is quite an accomplish for me as I usually torture myself daily!!
    I am only going to weigh weekly for now. And when I feel like I am doing good with my weight loss I will try to cut it to monthly or bi-weekly

Anyone else having withdrawls?

Memaw
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    No withdrawls yet!!! I actually am one of those girls who weighs 5 times a day! Today I decided to start weighing once a week! So, I'm on board with ya. Here goes day 1.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    i am trying the same thing. i DO check it at home in the morning before the shower...but what i am trying to avoid is the scale here at work. they are doing a weight loss contest here and we all weighed in this past monday. i weighed again on wednesday and had lost 4 pounds! couldnt believe it and i still dont, actually. i am tempted to go grab the scale again but i WILL NOT until monday. i was going to wait until the next weigh in but i get all excited (and of course, sometimes disappointed) so monday it is! good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • I feel ya, Memaw! I've tried to stay away from the scale, too! I've attempted to just peek at it weekly, but I'm down to just 3 times a week versus daily!!!! :happy:
  • i am trying the same thing. i DO check it at home in the morning before the shower...but what i am trying to avoid is the scale here at work. they are doing a weight loss contest here and we all weighed in this past monday. i weighed again on wednesday and had lost 4 pounds! couldnt believe it and i still dont, actually. i am tempted to go grab the scale again but i WILL NOT until monday. i was going to wait until the next weigh in but i get all excited (and of course, sometimes disappointed) so monday it is! good luck! :flowerforyou:
    You know what I hate about work contests? I wear different things that get counted for or against me, so I become aggravated!!!!! :explode: Woo!
  • I can't do it...I have to weigh everyday...I think I would go crazy. I have to do it the second I wake up!

smiley-happy026.gif
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    From my experience the desire to check the scale constantly goes away within the first month or two. I was obsessive about it for a while, now I'm fine with not weighing until July. I hop on mornings that I feel like it, but I don't have a set day. It ends up being once a month or so.

So in terms of scale obsession.. this too shall pass. :bigsmile: