If you haven't bought one already....

Options

Replies

• Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i found a couple online but i would like to buy one at a retail store does anyone know where i may find one?
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    did you get the "female" one or unisex?? I am looking online right now! :)
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT4 too and found out I was burning MORE calories than MFP says.

I have an FT4 also and found the same especially with my walking.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    second that!! I have a dedicated GPS unit on mine too as I do a lot of outdoor work, but the differences between mfp and gym machines is MASSIVE...I'm sure none of us are that generous with the food calories we enter, so why do it with the exercise and sweat we pour into our lifestyles!! it's an essential purchase!
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the Polar FT1....does anyone have the FT1? I'd love some personal reviews!
  • janel814
    janel814 Posts: 88
    Options
    You could always take it one step further than the HRM to investing in a bodybugg. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine, best weight loss journey investment EVER! I invested in mine a month into my journey and found out that a 1200 cal diet was starving my body so I lost no weight. Once I balance my intake v output to stay at a 500-1000 cal difference the weight has been falling off! I may not hit each of my goals but I have come really close and that is what really counts.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    i found a couple online but i would like to buy one at a retail store does anyone know where i may find one?

Some Targets carry the FT4. Check their website, perhaps. If you have an REI in your area, they have them too... any sporting good store probably.
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Is that the one where you can change the battery yourself? I want whichever one i don't have to send in for a battery replacement!!!
    That is why I didn't get a Polar, even though they are really good. I have a Garmin forerunner and you charge it. So easy!
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Some Targets carry the FT4. Check their website, perhaps. If you have an REI in your area, they have them too... any sporting good store probably.

thanks!
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi

You can get one on Argos for all the UK peeps on here.

FatMikeSlim has shown me this thread and I'm on the verge of agreeing for us to get one. They are expensive though (around £70 each) so my question is
    ---can you store more than one profile on them so that the hubby and I could share instead of getting 2?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My HRM has made me want to work out MORE!
    It really shows how much my hard work pays off!
    An amazing and valuable piece of equipment.
    I would pay for it again!
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sorry to put a negative on this but you do know that heart rate monitors that show calories burnt are also only estimates don't you? none of them are 100% correct, its a known fact that heart rate monitors can over estimate calories burnt by a LOT, compare two side by side and they show different results on the same person!

It's up to you which tracker you want to follow but none of them are perfect, your best taking an average from MFP and your heart rate monitor to be safe!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It sounds like they're great and I'm sure I'd have fun with it, but for anyone who can't afford one, don't despair. It is possible to lose weight without one (35 pounds down since January and I don't own an HRM or a single Jillian Michaels DVD!!)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    ANDDDD the Polar FT4 puts a lil birthday cake on the watch face when it's your birthday :) Totally the reason I bought it... hahah just kidding but it's cute :)

SOLD.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Is that the one where you can change the battery yourself? I want whichever one i don't have to send in for a battery replacement!!!

I have a New Balance (Pearl is the name) one from Target. I can change the battery myself and I love it! It is also cheaper than most. I paid 60 dollars for it. It comes with a chest strap.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Best Buy sells the Polar FT4 and a couple of other brands. I'm going to get my FT4 there.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine recently got a HRM without a chest strap despite advice from another friend and me. She thinks she is burning about 2x's more than she she is probably actually burning. But since she has this substandard HRM she thinks she has an accurate enough count. She had lost 40 pounds in the last 2 years. She is starting to gain weight and I getting frustrated but will not...will not even consider that she is not burning the calories she thinks she is and thus over eating. For instance she thought she burned over 1000 calories running 6 miles. I mentioned to her that I ran 9.5 miles and didn't burn 1000 miles. I know I am a runner blah blah blajh...but she is only about 12 pounds heavier than me and runs much much slower...so I doubt she burned almost twice what I did in the 6 miles...well she is eating ALL of her exercise calories...(which I think is awesome and I eat at leat 80% of mine too) but if her cheap HRM or the guestimations here are as off as I believe hers to be she is eating at least 300-500 more calories a day than she needs to be...what will happen if you are daily over your goals...your weight will start to creep up...as hers is...anyway an accurate hrm would make all the difference to her so when she would have a more realistic count and could back on track...
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Best Buy sells the Polar FT4 and a couple of other brands. I'm going to get my FT4 there.

Just realized that Walmart also sells the FT4 so I just ordered mine! :)
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    i bought a polar FT4 at sears...they were on sale this past weekend..just fyi! :) I like it so far! :)
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!! I finally found a HRM that doesn't require a chest strap and it isn't the kind that requires you to push a button with 2 fingers to get a reading. It's called ePulse2 by Impact Sports Technologies, I love it. :)