When do you work out???

Options
2»

Replies

• CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I work full time and I am now out of school (ft college student) for the summer. But I tend to go either straight from work, or I will go after I get home from my commute. So if I go after I et home I will start my workout anywhere from 8or 9 to 10 or 11 and just go until I go until I at least do one of my normal swimming sets or do some elliptical.
    I guess it's better to go in the morning and start out the day w/ some exercise, but most of the time I feel like if I'm already tired anyway what's an extra 1/2 hr of some elliptical or 45 mins of swimming going to do? If it's not going to make me feel amazing afterwards it's at least going to help me get to sleep sooner! ;p

I also love going later on @ night (especially on weekends @ around midnight) to swim because then there's noone there and I can just swim and not have to worry about there not being enough lanes. etc.
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I also have the kids, work, hubby and house and I always find morning around 5 am. Workout is not interupted so I can give more to it and its a great start to the day. I usually don't eat cause it makes me nauseaus to eat first. Workout when you are less likely to be interrupted, those are better workouts and it gets done.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I found out it works for me best to get up early, no later than 5:30 and get out the door for my two mile walk. That then gives me time to get my shower before my daughter leaves for work and I need to watch the grandkids. Then my companion gets home from work and I can then get him breakfast before he heads to bed. Seems if I wait, it gets too hot and the kids are hard to do even an inside dvd. I love the early morning, not much traffic and I get to see the sun come up over the mountains. :smile:
  • _Virginia_
    _Virginia_ Posts: 49
    Options
    I like to workout in the morning. It jump starts my day and makes things seem brighter.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I workout in the late afternoon, and that time works pretty well for me. If the schedule for that doesn't work for a particular day, I get my workout in that night. I like the idea of working out in the morning... but it just doesn't work with my life. Working out right before my usual "slump" has been awesome. It carries me right past that exhausted, grumpy time without a hitch. The hardest part is squeezing in a shower at that time, but so far it's worked out okay. Even if I added some kind of light workout in the morning - and if I ever get some sleep, that's what I'll do - I'll continue to do my harder workout sometime around 5 PM most of the time. It just feels really good for me.

I usually workout before dinnertime, so it's usually on a pretty empty stomach.

Forgot to mention, I have five homeschooled kids, a husband on night shift, and a part-time job... so making it work for my schedule and my life was a must. When I felt like it "had" to be at a certain time (morning or nothing!) I never got to it. I had to look at my life, and figure out what worked best for me in the long run.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    i work out whenever i can. normally it is right after work. depending on the kids schedule i sometimes work out first thing in the am. if i do that i dont eat, it upsets my tummy, just drink a little water. m-f i walk 1.5 miles during my lunch.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    i switch it up a lot now, especially since I'm out of school right now. I walk every day for at least 20 minutes, but hopefully up to an hour or so. I'm also trying to do some calisthenics/strength training every other day, and some sprints or interval cardio once or twice a week.
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    I did it! I got up at 6:40am and hit the gym for just over an hour!! Thanks for all you ideas and support!! Tomorrow I will be up at 5am :))))))))
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I work nights so I get up before my shift and do a video. Sometimes they are 20, 30 or 40 mins long. As long as I can get a workout in I'm happy. And on my days off I do longer videos and go for walks. I do whatever I can whenever I can. Even if that means chasing my toddler around a park for 20 mins.

My recommendation is that no matter what time you work or whatever plans you have for the day, you should always start your day off with exercise. It sets your mood for the whole day and helps get you going with those endorphins.
  • Dmbaker1974
    Options
    I try to work out in the mornings when I can. It makes me feel better about my day. No matter what happened that day I will have done something for myself first.
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    During the work week, I get up at 4:30 and work out for 1 hour. On the weekends, I'm a bit more flexible on time.

and it shows! Your before/after profile pic is truly inspirational! Congratulaions man!
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I work Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm. Normally I'll get up around 6:30 & get in 30 mins of free run on the Wii. Then some other aerobics again at night usually between 9-10 for 45 mins to an hour. I'm doing 30 day shred this month & have found it easier to do in the evening soon as I get home from work b4 I eat dinner. I'm not a morning person either so it took me awhile to get used to getting up that early. The weekends are whenever i get around to it but it's usually soon as i get up & moving, which is normally after 10 am.