Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Well - I'm 50 and need new shoes; - strappy black heels for my xmas party. I have a 19 year old daughter who needs a car... so in the meantime, she walks her phat *kitten* everywhere.... I need a new car b/c my 17 year old son is 6'5 and can't fit into my car anymore,.......work is boring but I love it.........I was attempted to eat another recess candy but refused........my gym workout w/ my trainer starts tomorrow night (yay)......... and my friend and I want to go on Shark Tank... that's me :)

looking good for 50 and every woman needs new shoes for special events!

Thank you and YESSSS !!!!
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    And ur son is screaming he needs his child support money.....mail it pls! :p
  • ljcox7210
    ljcox7210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Wow congrats Lucinda that's amazing! And what a pretty name

Thank you! My name is Lucinda-Jade but I hate it so I just get called LJ haha! X
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    I'm relatively jealous. Although I shouldn't whine I'm not really a huge beer drinker anymore since i'm old as $#!@ now and it's less fun to get blasted. I really do enjoy a nice Guinness or Kilkenny though.
    clau9734 wrote: »
    Last night I bought a 6-pack of Guinness Nitro IPA

nitro-400x400.jpg

...and it is spectacular. The main reason I don't normally go for IPAs is because it seems to be a competition to see who can make the most hoppy beer on the market. Guinness's take on the IPA is smooth, with just the right amount of hoppy flavor, and goes down great. The fact that they used their awesome in-can nitro delivery system makes it even better, and gives me a reason to use my Guinness glasses. I'll be drinking a lot more of this stuff in the future.

Ohhh looks intresting. I need to find this :)

I went back to my local Total Wine yesterday and bought another 6-pack. It's really grown on me - this stuff is delicious.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I have today off, and need to be on a low residue diet for a medical procedure Wednesday. I have some fresh green beans, a pomegranate, and a pink grapefruit just staring at me, begging me too eat them. Wednesday night my dears....

What's a low residue diet? Like low fibre?
  • synchkat
    Options
    ljcox7210 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Wow congrats Lucinda that's amazing! And what a pretty name

Thank you! My name is Lucinda-Jade but I hate it so I just get called LJ haha! X

I think thsts a beautiful Name. Funny
  • beachbum805
    beachbum805 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! Because no, I honestly don't want to make out with most people. and the only ______ I want to do is maybe "drink coffee with".. lame I know… lol

I'm 28, just finished my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy… going through internship stuff now. I live in Santa Barbara, I eat like a bunny and LOVE good beer and any wine. Love music, animals, the beach, camping/hiking, just went hang gliding, motorcycles (although I stay on the back), etc… Super friendly, I love meeting new people, but don't push it ;)
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    ^ WTF did they do to
    What a great thread! Because no, I honestly don't want to make out with most people. and the only ______ I want to do is maybe "drink coffee with".. lame I know… lol

I'm 28, just finished my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy… going through internship stuff now. I live in Santa Barbara, I eat like a bunny and LOVE good beer and any wine. Love music, animals, the beach, camping/hiking, just went hang gliding, motorcycles (although I stay on the back), etc… Super friendly, I love meeting new people, but don't push it ;)

First of, congrats on completing your Master's in MFT.

I didn't realize that MyFitnessPal was also a dating site.

No seriously, if you live in Santa Barbara and you love camping, I gotta ask you something maybe you might know the answer to. WTF did they do to Lake Cachuma? Why are they building these concrete "piers" and ruining it for people?
  • beachbum805
    Options
    ^ WTF did they do to

No seriously, if you live in Santa Barbara and you love camping, I gotta ask you something maybe you might know the answer to. WTF did they do to Lake Cachuma? Why are they building these concrete "piers" and ruining it for people?

I haven't been there yet! I actually just moved here from San Diego. That sucks if they're messing with a perfectly good lake though…. Nope, not a dating site, simply a thread for real info and insight.

Why so abrasive? How does it make you feel?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively jealous. Although I shouldn't whine I'm not really a huge beer drinker anymore since i'm old as $#!@ now and it's less fun to get blasted. I really do enjoy a nice Guinness or Kilkenny though.

nitro-400x400.jpg

...and it is spectacular. The main reason I don't normally go for IPAs is because it seems to be a competition to see who can make the most hoppy beer on the market. Guinness's take on the IPA is smooth, with just the right amount of hoppy flavor, and goes down great. The fact that they used their awesome in-can nitro delivery system makes it even better, and gives me a reason to use my Guinness glasses. I'll be drinking a lot more of this stuff in the future.

I went back to my local Total Wine yesterday and bought another 6-pack. It's really grown on me - this stuff is delicious.

Total Wine is the shiz, yo! Almost dangerous to go in there.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    Options
    I am US Army vet, 50 and fit, 10% body fat @45% muscle. Working toward 8% body fat.

Awesome.
    ^ WTF did they do to

I haven't been there yet! I actually just moved here from San Diego. That sucks if they're messing with a perfectly good lake though…. Nope, not a dating site, simply a thread for real info and insight.

Here I go again apologizing for my poor choice of words and phrasing. I'm sorry, but I wasn't trying to be abrasive. Things get so easily misconstrued on message boards, you know that.

And as far as my feelings are concerned, how do you think I feel that you're going all out blitzing on me like Sean Maguire on Will Hunting right now! Slow your roll, Salome.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options

nitro-400x400.jpg

For sure. I can't say I've ever gone in there and bought ONLY what I came in for. While I was buying my Guinness IPA I also picked up a bottle of Bushmill's Whiskey for only $20.
  • beachbum805
    Options
    I am US Army vet, 50 and fit, 10% body fat @45% muscle. Working toward 8% body fat.

Awesome.
    ^ WTF did they do to

Here I go again apologizing for my poor choice of words and phrasing. I'm sorry, but I wasn't trying to be abrasive. Things get so easily misconstrued on message boards, you know that.

And as far as my feelings are concerned, how do you think I feel that you're going all out blitzing on me like Sean Maguire on Will Hunting right now! Slow your roll, Salome.

whoa whoa whoa… I'm just trying to eat my homemade pumpkin soup with a coconut milk drizzle and basil garnish… k? lol! (All of that is true)
  • _fitness4life_
    _fitness4life_ Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I am watching hockey and being distracted by my goofy dogs. Life is good.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    Options

Awesome.
    ^ WTF did they do to

whoa whoa whoa… I'm just trying to eat my homemade pumpkin soup with a coconut milk drizzle and basil garnish… k? lol! (All of that is true)

That sounds good. Why would you be "trying" though? Shouldn't you be enjoying it? Aaaaawwwwww sasssshhhhhiiiiiiiii look who be axin' da questions now, player!
  • synchkat
    Options
    I made a super awesome dinner tonight. I'm still kind of excited about it
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Well don't keep us in suspense chickie! What was it?
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I haven't had mine yet but I made some portobello bunless cheesesteak things out of Clean Eating magazine and I think they're gonna be bomb.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

nitro-400x400.jpg

For sure. I can't say I've ever gone in there and bought ONLY what I came in for. While I was buying my Guinness IPA I also picked up a bottle of Bushmill's Whiskey for only $20.

They had Bushmills for $16 here around St. P's day. A shame it wasn't Jameson...it's just a little more rich and complex and warm. One of my "cheaper" end faves.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Haha. I roasted a chicken and did potatoes and Brussels sprouts, gravy and stuffing. The chicken was super moist.

I love mushrooms. Yours sounds delish too