40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Gam, ouch!!!! But you are such a trooper!!! Definitely s cool kid!!!

@morsedonna2, welcome!! Congrats on your weight loss!! No need to leave us in 2 yrs. I just turned 52. :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yes it's 40+ not 40s
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    ankle's pretty sore and still swollen. I think I'll just lay around and play video games, er...I mean "rest" today. tomorrow I'll hit chest & tris. I won't need my foot for that one.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration, everyone! I'm still puttering along with my low-impact workouts in an effort to limit the damage to my poor overburdened joints... Stressful time for me with lots of grading at the end of the online class I teach and catalog season at my marketing job, but haven't succumbed to strong desire for pizza and wings and still working out every day. Caught a glimpse of how my too-loose jeans are fitting yesterday and realize I could be mistaken for a 40-yr-old woman trying to emulate the teen hip-hop look. No wonder the ladies behind me on the escalator were sniggering. Going to retire the fat jeans... But they're so comfortable!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Peppermint, go ahead and get yourself a pair of nice, sexy, fitting jeans!!!! Good for you!!!

Gam, take care of that foot. You have inspired me to stop feeling sorry about myself and my leg/foot pain and continue exercising. It will only get worse if I keep eating the way I am and being inactive. Ugh!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    Rest day, today. I earned this rest.....six days in a row of workouts has me spent!

What are you gonna do today?
  • morsedonna2
    morsedonna2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Gam, ouch!!!! But you are such a trooper!!! Definitely s cool kid!!!

@morsedonna2, welcome!! Congrats on your weight loss!! No need to leave us in 2 yrs. I just turned 52. :)

• morsedonna2
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    ankle's pretty sore and still swollen. I think I'll just lay around and play video games, er...I mean "rest" today. tomorrow I'll hit chest & tris. I won't need my foot for that one.

Sorry. Hope you get better soon
  • morsedonna2
    Options
    Yep, another year gone by. I'm 52! I'm also a veteran so double celebration! I'll continue my good eating habits tomorrow!!!

Beeps, what is the countdown for? Your fitness competition?

Happy Birthday to you! Does not matter the age. It's how you feel that matters.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is chugging along! No workouts for me this weekend, unless we count my shopping and eating! Awesome weekend with my big sis in Toronto. God did and aping and a movie.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Rest day, today. I earned this rest.....six days in a row of workouts has me spent!

What are you gonna do today?

Deer season started yesterday. Hit the woods.
  • gam3rguy
    edited November 2015
    Options
    "Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Peppermint, go ahead and get yourself a pair of nice, sexy, fitting jeans!!!! Good for you!!!

Gam, take care of that foot. You have inspired me to stop feeling sorry about myself and my leg/foot pain and continue exercising. It will only get worse if I keep eating the way I am and being inactive. Ugh!!!!
    thanks, and way to push through. :)

• gam3rguy
    edited November 2015
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Sorry. Hope you get better soon
    thanks, and I feel much better. enough so that I took my dog on a 4 mile hike yesterday afternoon. little bit of a limp still, but over all it looked worse than it was. tomorrow is leg day. that will be the real test.

• gillwat
    gillwat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please can I be a cool kid! I'm 42 and used to be active user on this site about 3 years ago but I had a baby and health went out of the window. My eldest daughter was 7 last week and at her party I heard her talking with a friend about me and she said 'My Mum eats too much cake and sweets, my Dad doesn't'. I felt so ashamed. It is true though..... I have really neglected myself (weight and looks) in the last 3 years. I was trying to ignore it but the truth is I even avoid being in photos with my kids due to my stomach. I can hardly look at a photo of me as I feel ashamed. But that shame somehow doesn't stop me eating. However, my daughters comment has really hit home so I'm back and I am going to change and it would be great to have this forum as support and to support others. ;-)
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I love this thread...and I consider myself a cool kid. I'm a whopping 43 and I am proud of myself for taking the healthy, fit, lifestyle.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Got my lifting done.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE! no pain in the ankle! NADA! it did feel "tired" though, like it was still home in bed. I had to concentrate on digging the heel into the floor and keeping the ankle straight, otherwise it felt like it might roll out on me again. I went a little slower today, but I did more weight...even on calf raises! no pistol squats though.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Time to get back on the horse. I got laid off in September and had some other things going on. Glad to be back. Weight is up and I need to halt that.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sorry for the layoff, Nick....i feel your pain.

I was laid off a year ago....then found work jan - may, but have been out of work since that time.

It sucks.

I got my lifting in today. BOOM!