Does anyone Wana know how to loose to 5 pounds in 1 week?

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Guys my point is to not eat after 4 or 5 pm. Have a heavy breakfast and lunch but don't have anything heavy after 5 pm. Just have some fruits and that's all. Enjoy ur weight loss. No diet plan stays in action forever u have to change the things in ur diet every few months. Enjoy ur weight loss. Love live long life.

Wait...is it 4 or 5? I was all set for a 4pm cutoff but now I'm super confused. Also, I boiled my red beans. Will that make me lose more or less than 5 pounds. I've also prepped 200g of cashews and 250g of mango for my 6pm snack. More nuts? Less? I'm really struggling here.

Never boil your beans. You are doing it all wrong :noway:
  • Foggiblu
    Foggiblu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have known people that quit eating between 4 and 6 and had better success at losing weight. They tend to eat less and more mindful as to what they are eating. The people I know who do this have done it long term. You ask what does the time have to do with it...well it has a lot to do with it. If you quit eating early, it gives your body a chance to burn the calories and not sleep on them. Also, if you suffer from heartburn or indigestion, most doctors will tell you to quit eating 3 hours before bed... It's never good to go to sleep soon after eating...Why so hard on pas? If you work nights or up most of the night, that would be a different story.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Guys my point is to not eat after 4 or 5 pm. Have a heavy breakfast and lunch but don't have anything heavy after 5 pm. Just have some fruits and that's all. Enjoy ur weight loss. No diet plan stays in action forever u have to change the things in ur diet every few months. Enjoy ur weight loss. Love live long life.

Wait...is it 4 or 5? I was all set for a 4pm cutoff but now I'm super confused. Also, I boiled my red beans. Will that make me lose more or less than 5 pounds. I've also prepped 200g of cashews and 250g of mango for my 6pm snack. More nuts? Less? I'm really struggling here.

Ok, now I am REALLY confused. First, he said after 4pm to have small meals with steamed beans, onion, green pepper, tomato, but then he says to only eat fruits after 4 or 5pm...?

I think I am doing this all wrong. :(

I DON'T HAVE ANY PEPPERS!!!!! I'M DOOMED!!!!!

Red onion or white?

DON'T EAT ANYTHING WHITE!!! He cut out white food too. If you eat a white thing you'll gain back 5lbs instantly.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Foggiblu wrote: »
    I have known people that quit eating between 4 and 6 and had better success at losing weight. They tend to eat less and more mindful as to what they are eating. The people I know who do this have done it long term. You ask what does the time have to do with it...well it has a lot to do with it. If you quit eating early, it gives your body a chance to burn the calories and not sleep on them. Also, if you suffer from heartburn or indigestion, most doctors will tell you to quit eating 3 hours before bed... It's never good to go to sleep soon after eating...Why so hard on pas? If you work nights or up most of the night, that would be a different story.

Why?

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Umm ... no.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat at 3am if I'm not sleeping well

Is that within or outside your rules?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Is that within or outside your rules?

After I had my baby I frequently used to eat in the middle of the night after a feeding. Cinnamon Toast Crunch...mmm...
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Here's my first week of weight loss from several years ago. More than 5 lbs in the first week. I followed pretty much none of this advice. All I did was count calories.

2cyc6bcwhc70.jpg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

That's after 4 pm (or was it 5 pm?), so you'll probably instantly gain 6 or 5 pounds. But then again, the OP never told us what time the body reboots itself and forgets that it's after 4 pm (or was it 5 pm?) and makes it "before" again.

This is all so confusing! Maybe I'll just keep a calorie deficit instead. ;)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like a balanced diet, and my blood sugar would crash in the evening. I'll pass.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It'd definitely work for me. I get up at 8am, don't eat breakfast, get to work for 10.30am, don't get a break until 4pm have an hour and a half break, then work until 11pm. If I don't eat after 4pm I'd lose more than 5lbs a week. Sounds prefect (lol).
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Everyone else's point is that what you did is not magic in and of itself. Calories going in being less than calories going out is the only thing required for weight loss. What you did made that happen for you. But the "magic" is in the calorie deficit you achieved, not in the cutoff time, not in what you ate, not in changing things every few months.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So people who work nights are totally screwed then? And they are destined to a short life span?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

So people who work nights are totally screwed then? And they are destined to a short life span?

Sucks to work nights then ...no social life and doomed to die

Must stick to working days ...where I have no social life and am doomed to die...wait, what?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Guys my point is to not eat after 4 or 5 pm.Have a heavy breakfast and lunch but don't have anything heavy after 5 pm. Just have some fruits and that's all. Enjoy ur weight loss. No diet plan stays in action forever u have to change the things in ur diet every few months. Enjoy ur weight loss. Love live long life.

giphy.gif

Because wine.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Wait ... I like white wines ... Am I doomed?!?!
  • csterli1
    csterli1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 195 pounds in 3 minutes.. I dumped my ex LOL

Yes! *hands clapping*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,677 Member
    Options
    If you're in deficit, you're burning calories. If you're sleeping you're burning calories (where do you think part of BMR comes from?) and the MAJORITY of those calories are fat calories. Truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP I am glad you found some success but neither your recommendation for not eating after 4pm or not eating any white foods is what caused you to lose weight. A calorie deficit is what is required to lose weight, and that can be achieved eating at any time of the day and foods that are any color of the rainbow...

Also, losing 5 lbs in a week is not necessarily healthy or sustainable, it is primarily water weight.
  • lyzee88
    lyzee88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go vegan!