Under 200 Cal Lunches?

Options
13»

Replies

• katie_moreau
    katie_moreau Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make a different soup every Sunday and pack some individual servings in the freezer. It leaves me with a few options of kinds of soups to have as lunch each day. And the soup is never more than 200 calories per serving. Just look up on Pinterest vegetarian soups and you will find tons! My favourite is black bean soup... So tasty and filling!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Packaged coleslaw (1 1/2cups is only 30 cals) with sliced red peppers tossed with peanut dressing & topped with Sriracha! Spicy & crunchy! It's my fav, but if you're packing, just pack the dressing separate to keep the good crunch. I like to add a few roasted peanuts too if having as a dinner meal.

Sorry to be off topic, but where do you buy your coleslaw from/what brand is it? I love coleslaw but it's usually 60cals a tablespoon even for the light stuff where I'm from!

Also, to OP; anything with eggs in will be filling but can be low cal. I love things like poached eggs on toast. 1 egg (60 cals), 1 slice of 'danish' bread (60 cals) and some spinach or a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce comes in at under 200. I usually add a slice of ham but as you're veggie maybe substitute in veggie alternatives, or some sliced mushrooms? :)

You're thinking coleslaw with dressing included, not just the shredded cabbage or cabbage carrot blend that that poster was referring to. Without dressing, which is usually mayo or some other fatty dressing, shredded cabbage is almost non-existent.

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    An entire can of progresso Light chicken noodle soup is 140 calories. Had it for lunch today (you can check out the micros/macros in my public diary if you like), very filling and satisfying and hella easy to prepare anywhere there is a microwave.

ETA: That's okay MFP, just post stuff while I'm in the middle of typing, jeez...

Anyway, what it didn't let me finish was that I'm aware you said vegetarian, I used this as an example because clearly if something as calorie rich as chicken and noodles is only 140 by progresso, you will have ZERO trouble finding something meat free with similar or even better calories;)
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    if something as calorie rich as chicken and noodles is only 140 by progresso, you will have ZERO trouble finding something meat free with similar or even better calories;)

Actually what I've come to find out since getting into MFP, is that a lot of vegetarian dishes have just as many calories as the meat variety, unfortunately. :( Even some pretty low fat vegan dishes can have a bunch more than 200cal.