Low Carb

Options
Hello. I am looking to get started and start losing "hopefully for good" by tracking and low carb. Is anyone else doing low carb?

Replies

• redbeard
    redbeard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just got placed on a 20 grams of (net) carb diet yesterday by my doctor. Its going to be an interesting journey for me since I'm a guy that loves my bread and pastas.

A lot of people I know claim it works though. Get your insulin levels down and let the body burn the fat. I'm looking forward to it.

Let me know how you are doing. I don't think most people need to go down to 20 grams, that is very, very low. There are a lot of things, like fruits, that I'm not allowed to eat for a while.

Dan
  • milaguz
    milaguz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dr. Poon Metabolic diet does 20 grams as well. It does work if you stick to it. I am going to do 50 grams nd then aim to lower it from there. Today is my first day and I have a headache. Good luck
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb. Been working for me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I started out doing keto, but recently changed to 100g carbs and under

You should check out our Low Carb group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • redbeard
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the group. I've submitted to join.
  • redbeard
    Options
    milaguz wrote: »
    Dr. Poon Metabolic diet does 20 grams as well. It does work if you stick to it. I am going to do 50 grams nd then aim to lower it from there. Today is my first day and I have a headache. Good luck

50 grams seems a lot more practical :wink: I get to increase at some point.

Dan
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Curious - what type of menu do you follow to stay under 30g of carbs? I usually finish the day with around 60-70 net carbs. I've been carb cycling for 8 days and have lost 8 lbs. My goal is to reduce fat and increase muscle. I discovered the rule.me website and found a lot of information on keto cycling. As a general rule my carbs typically come from veggies during the week and I count net carbs rather than initial carbs. 40 grams in one day is the lowest I've gotten so far. Thanks for your insight!
  • Murpster2008
    Murpster2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I saw a nutritionist the other day who recommended a 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein way of eating. The best thing I got out of the session was not to eat less than 1200 cal a day because it slows your metabolism. The other thing was she told me about chia seeds, which I now LOVE. Super healthy too. You can make a chia pudding- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 Tbs chia seeds, stevia, a little extra vanilla ext, and a 1/3 scoop whey protein powder. Let it sit for 20 min before you eat it. Try it! ☺️ I eat it for breakfast everyday now.
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I saw a nutritionist the other day who recommended a 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein way of eating. The best thing I got out of the session was not to eat less than 1200 cal a day because it slows your metabolism. The other thing was she told me about chia seeds, which I now LOVE. Super healthy too. You can make a chia pudding- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 Tbs chia seeds, stevia, a little extra vanilla ext, and a 1/3 scoop whey protein powder. Let it sit for 20 min before you eat it. Try it! ☺️ I eat it for breakfast everyday now.

Thanks! I've been considering chia seeds. (Just having a problem because of the image of chia pets always pops into my head when I look at them in stores. LOL!) You receipe sounds totally doable for me! Also - I had to actually go up to 1400 on my calorie intake in order to lose weight. I wasn't eating enough to fuel my metabo. The standard macro also doesn't work for me. (But everyone is different.) I have an endomorph body type and tend to be soft and really have to work out regularly to maintain muscle and keep fat at bay. Can't wait to try the chia see recipe! :)
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Been focusing on low carb once again. I had much success in the past and learned a lot. Friend request sent!
  • qaiserelahi992
    qaiserelahi992 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have started a low carb diet in last 4 days and I am started to loose weight. It's good app to keep a track on my food in take.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I have been doing LCHF for a month now and absolutely love it :)
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Its been 13 days for me and I have lost 13 pounds so far by doing LCHF. :blush: IT WORKS I eat focus on net carbs which range from 10-50 per day
  • mrpierreboudreaux
    mrpierreboudreaux Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's a definite lifestyle change from what we call food in America. It's amazing how many products have carb fillers in them. But it is a delicious 'diet', especially if you like to cook :smile:
    The biggest point in eating LC is eating real food, as little as processed food as possible.
    Your body will thank you.
  • shaynataggart
    shaynataggart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've just started low carb this past Monday and noticed quite a significant difference. I don't feed bloated, I eat more yummy healthy fats and I stay within my calories. I just feel more satisfied with food now and I generally eat less than 150 grams of carbs per day. I only eat more than 150 grams on days that I run 5k.