Help need advice

Options
tyreedavis75
tyreedavis75 Posts: 3 Member
So I was on Facebook last night and I seen a guy I use to date post a picture of his new girlfriend and I don't know why but it really got to me he broke my heart when we dated so I don't see why I would still care about what he does guess it just hurt seeing him so happy with somebody else knowing I couldn't give him that

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    So I was on Facebook last night and I seen a guy I use to date post a picture of his new girlfriend and I don't know why but it really got to me he broke my heart when we dated so I don't see why I would still care about what he does guess it just hurt seeing him so happy with somebody else knowing I couldn't give him that

Maybe you shouldn't keep him on your Facebook. As a rule of thumb, I never add guys I date on Facebook. It just really complicates things.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Find a hobby and don't worry about what your ex is doing.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    He broke your heart. Instead of dwelling over his happiness feel sorry for the new girl and move on already.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I understand what you are dealing with. It's much easier for people to say move on, don't think about him, etc. But when you are in a relationship where you have extremely strong feelings for that person... it does hurt to see that. I saw it everyday b/c my ex lived next door to me. It kills, I know. It's so hard to get a "thought" out of your mind so what I did was pray. Praying worked for me - it took months but I came out a better person than ever before and I can face him like he is nothing to me. The ONLY thing that works is prayers and "time", when you love someone that much.
  • tyreedavis75
    tyreedavis75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thank you @scorpionqwean
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thank you @scorpionqwean

You're welcome! You are beautiful... God just pushed him outta the way so the real man can enter ...
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Hope you're able to move on. He's going to keep on living as you will to. Just takes time sometimes