Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Make a plan. Knowing (and even pre-cooking) what I'm going to eat helps me tremendously.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Plan to have at least one food every day that you joyfully look forward to eating. Just like kids and Christmas, the anticipation is half the fun! When you have something you love to look forward to, it seems to make all of the other sacrifices worth it.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    For me, it was the realization of this is not a "can I?" thing, this is an "I will" thing.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Exercise buys you more calories. This was motivation enough for me to start exercising daily. It's no longer a struggle. If I exercise before my day starts I can have a slice of chocolate cheesecake before bed.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Chill out and make this as simple as possible. No silly extra rules unless you like it that way to begin with.
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Try something NEW!!!!
    When i hit a slump, and dont know what to do. I join aerobics, or kickboxing. Gets me motivated and moving!!
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Food will win the battle some days; accept it, because life happens and you can't honestly expect yourself to never, ever falter again. However, don't get discouraged if you lose one battle; keep pushing forward and win the war.
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    It has to be a lifestyle change. There are no quick fixes.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Don't overcomplicate things.

Eat less

Move more

Get adequate rest

Enjoy life
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    These are all great guys! Keep em coming!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    EAT!! Yes, I can lose on 1200 cal. Yes I have tried it. Sometimes that thought worms its way back into my head and I slip. Every time it has been short lived. I lose. I do. But I also crash and burn. Too tired, sore muscles, grumpy. I lose way better on higher calorie levels. I can sustain this long term. I am happy, maintaining more of my muscle mass, my body recovers faster, and I am losing. All good!!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Log your food. Every day. Those who log are statistically far more successful than those who do not.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    #1 I find if I plan all my food at the beginning of the day then I do stick to my 5020kj (1200Cal) diet otherwise I eat too much early in the day and find myself starving at dinner.

#2 Replace your drinks with water to get more allowance for food.

#3 Do as much exercise as you can comfortably - its better to do less exercise and be able to do it most days than overdoing and having to stop for injuries.

#4 Don't eat any calories burnt from exercise; use it for more weight loss.
  • pandyg180
    pandyg180 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. Try different foods! There are lots of healthy foods amd healthy variations of recipies. I previously didn't like avocadoes now I love them and use them to replace the dressing on my salads. I'm a breakfast food lover. There was a was a blog post today on MFP about making healthy pankes. This was right up my alley. Can't wait to try them this weekend.

2. Don't think you can't do it. I have about 80 more lbs to lose (lost 26 so far since Sept 7th). Thought about weight loss all wrong but that was because I didn't educate myself. Never thought I could lose one pound much less lose as much as I have so far. No matter the shape or size anyone can lose. Just put in the work and stay motivated
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Whatever your style of eating/whatever your exercise plan---is it something you can see realistically doing for the long term future? Or is it so tough, and so much deprivation that you feel like it a sentence with no parole?? Better to lose weight slowly, live & laugh, then to torture yourself in the short term,only to gain it all back when you can no longer take the torture.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    YOU control your own actions. Own up to it.
    Stick to your goal. Be honest with logging.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you and your body. Everyone has different goals and different bodies. It may take some time to find out what is the right way for you. In the interim of finding out, don't give up.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    PATIENCE