Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Any one have good breakfast ideas and good way to get your portein in the morning.

i have 1 mini turkey sausage, beans, and 1 egg for breakfast this morning
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    martinf603 wrote: »
    Does anyone have anything quick that you can make, as I'm up at 5 for work??

protein shake, smoothie, hard boil some eggs night before, instant cream of wheat.
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love all the ideas I was just thinking of way to change up my breakfast because I am tired of eating the same boring shredded wheat 1 serving with 1/2 cup of skim milk! I seen some protein powder on a clearance shelf in a local drug store was thinking about getting it next time I go there if someone else has not bought it yet.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I third the crustless quiche/frittata. Make it once, eat all week.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am sorry maybe i missed it but how do you make the quiche/frittata, or where can i get it... I am interested.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Frittata, it's all about the cooking. For both quiche and frittata, use any vegetables on hand.

http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/common-mistakes/article/frittata-common-mistakes

Here's a crustless quiche, here called a mini-omelet.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/broccoli-and-cheese-mini-egg-omelets-2.html
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am sorry maybe i missed it but how do you make the quiche/frittata, or where can i get it... I am interested.

I have a basic recipe and just switch up my ingredients.

Cook 4 slices of chopped center cut bacon until crispy, remove and keep the bacon fat. Add your veggies and cook until soft. A lot of veggies - I add around 8-10oz of veggies depending on what mixture I want. Remove from heat. Beat 4 eggs, 4 egg whites (3/4 cup liquid egg whites), 1/4 cup skim milk and salt and pepper. Add all of your veggies, egg mixture, and bacon to a parchment lined cake pan, add raw tomatoes and/or scallion and bake at 400 for about 20 mins (sometimes a little over) until set. I love the bacon in it, but have made it with soyrizo, apple chicken sausage, turkey sausage, etc. My absolute favorites are:
    bacon, mushroom, kale, scallion, tomato
    bacon, cabbage, scallion
    bacon, spinach, tomato

They come out to between 140-150 for 1/4 of the pan. I cut it into quarters, then keep it in the fridge still in the pan. In the morning, I take out 1/4, slice that in half and microwave it for 2 minutes.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    that sounds wonderful! thank you - I am going to try it.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Must try frittata, some great ideas on here. I love egg whites whipped with sliced or chopped red, yellow and orange peppers on top. Use tsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the whipped egg whites and top with peppers. Once the underneath is cooked put under the grill to brown slightly.