Four months after stopping cardio/counting calories - You should try it.

Options

Replies

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wish I could change this thread's title to 'Ajnb88's' daily update thread. Liking what I see in the mirror is becoming a pleasantly frequent occurrence, even if my lower stomach is STILL lagging. Ho hum, it'll catch up eventually.

lfcpf8ult9e7.jpg

• ajnb88
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello again. I'm in the middle of a cut (low carbs, still not counting calories). It seems to be going well.

z56s5be5ilny.jpeg

Edit: also bloody hell I'm suddenly a lot more hairy
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    You look great! I had gotten too skinny too and started lifting 3 times a week. Still slim, but much better than the stick skinny look I was rocking and still in the same weight range. I'm a triathlete so I still do tons of cardio, but eating a lot and lifting keeps me from going back to the too skinny look. Congrats!
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Way to GO.
  • ajnb88
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    You look great! I had gotten too skinny too and started lifting 3 times a week. Still slim, but much better than the stick skinny look I was rocking and still in the same weight range. I'm a triathlete so I still do tons of cardio, but eating a lot and lifting keeps me from going back to the too skinny look. Congrats!

Thank you :) Something I've had to come to terms with is that my metabolism since losing all that weight has Been a little off, and gaining weight is nowhere near as easy as I thought. Focusing instead on eating right and sticking to compound lifts, and it seems to be working so far :)

• ajnb88
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    Great transformation! I am glad you started to put on some weight/muscle again... You look super in your more recent photos.. The middle one was a little scary-thin. WOOT WOOT for you!!!

Thank you :) yeah, I don't like that middle pic... At the time I loved the weight loss but looking back it really makes me sad :(
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Killer job dude. It just goes to show how sometimes getting hung up in one mindset can really slow down the whole package deal.

I never felt my best at my thinnest either. Even when I was in the military and had more muscle, I actually felt better when I gained a few more pounds.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    Much improved..you look healthy and totally fit.. you were like a skinny weak bird in that first after photo. I applaud you for realizing that and making the right change. A lot of people wouldn't of had that perspective. Great work!!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Well done!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »

And here I was thinking "Thank Heaven he doesn't "man-scape". I'm an older woman, though, and haven't been brain-washed into thinking that males should be hairless. Testosterone means some fur! Testosterone is male, why dilute male-ness?

You look great. We understand that "making THIS a 10" takes time and effort. You're succeeding.
  • ihab90
    ihab90 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats mate keep up the good work
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »
    Hello again. I'm in the middle of a cut (low carbs, still not counting calories). It seems to be going well.

z56s5be5ilny.jpeg

I was going to say that! Maybe extra testosterone from the lifting or is it just lighting?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Looking good mate!!!!
  • beckygammon
    beckygammon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you think it would work for someone that needs to lose a significant amount of weight?

I think if you are trying to lose a significant amount of weight you first need to lose weight and then bulk, when you bulk you do gain a little bit of fat (not noticeable) but if you haven lost weight first you might end up with a lot of muscle under a layer of fat. I think you should definitely start lifting weights asap though, combined with some cardio, because the more you lift the more you can eat whilst still being in a calorie deficit. I'm not a professional, this is just my own research and experience. :smile:
  • ihab90
    ihab90 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well done mate. Keep it up
  • armsgirly
    armsgirly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats answer to all my questions!!! Thanks sooooo much OP and Great Job!!!! I'm just kind of ashamed to go to the gym and start lifting because 1) I am woman 2) I am skinny but not fit at all -read very skinny fat- 3) there are all those bulky guys who know what they are doing 4) i dont know anything about the equipment there and where/how to start 5) where I live: the gym especially the strength training part is either for big bulky or fit people or properly overweight people not for a girl with no muscle and very skinny arms and legs, i can run anytime on a treadmill but I look a complete fool away from cardio area. Why is it so hard? I realize many of my excuses might just be in my head though but I wish I knew someone who show me what to do and go with me so I dont feel so intimidated.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! I have friend requested @ajnb88 and would apprecite if you could share your workout tips! 4000 cals a day, what a dream! lol
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am impressed. I agree, you look way better with the added weight and obvious muscle growth.
    I think the daily updates show your confidence growth as well. Keep them coming man, very very impressed with your progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!