Jiggly fat..?

Options
I put on a little weight recently and so 2 weeks ago I decided to start restricting calories again… I thought I had been pretty good at it but yesterday when I looked in the mirror I realized I've never seen my body look so terrible. The fat on my belly and hips is so jiggly and soft. I can grab handfuls of fat from my stomach and pull it which I was never able to do.. Yet my clothes don't feel any tighter… I heard that soft jiggly fat means that it's getting ready to go, does anyone have any experience with this? Or am I not counting my cals well and have put on more fat??

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting hypothesis....

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

I tend to lose weight in a series of stalls and whooshes but only got the change in appearance of fat before a whoosh in the early part of my weight loss.
    Or am I not counting my cals well and have put on more fat??
    If you haven't gained weight in the 2 weeks then it's unlikely you have gained fat.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private so it will be hard to give you solid advice. How is your tracking? Accurate? Do you use a food scale? How do you track your calorie burns?
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I also have this. The fat is very soft. Apparently this is the last step before the fat goes.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, my fat very often gets extra jiggly and squishy just before I whoosh. It's not uncommon among people who are losing weight. :)
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am currently experiencing this. I've lost just over half my intended amount, and now my gut feels 'loose' in the fat department (not the skin though!)
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I'm currently poking my belly all over and wondering if you people are crazy. ;) Then again, I've always had plenty of jiggly fat, so I'm not sure I would notice a difference.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yep. I get that. I actually don't look great in a deficit and sometimes get down about it but I've experienced it so much now, that I can look past it. It literally looks like my skin is melting. It'll pass.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Anyone else pinching their fat hoping its jiggly now? Lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Anyone else pinching their fat hoping its jiggly now? Lol

Umm yes :flushed:

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm looking at my belly more hopefully now, because it had no cellulite visible for awhile but this week started to look more dimpled & squishy. My double chin, alas, is still completely firmly attached to me. ~sighs~
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I had a good jiggle and squish too. Same as always- wibble wobble jelly on a plate.

My fat on my tummy stayed the same while losing.

Cheers, h.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I think the jiggly fat the OP is talking about is different...It's hard to explain. It doesn't look quite like loose skin but kind of resembles it. All of a sudden in a deficit I'll be sitting down and my butt fat sticking out on side becomes so...easy to grab. My belly fat when I bend over looks like it's melting.
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think the jiggly fat the OP is talking about is different...It's hard to explain. It doesn't look quite like loose skin but kind of resembles it. All of a sudden in a deficit I'll be sitting down and my butt fat sticking out on side becomes so...easy to grab. My belly fat when I bend over looks like it's melting.

Exactly!!! I'm now convinced that I'm losing weight and not gaining… I've been in a deficit for weeks and my face is thinner than ever (which is where I usually gain weight).. Also, my biceps do look more defined but it's my belly and hip fat.. It does look like it's… melting. It's so weird! And unfortunately my breasts seem to be losing rather than filling up =/ haha
    So how long does this usually last before it tightens up?
  • arditarose
    Options

Exactly!!! I'm now convinced that I'm losing weight and not gaining… I've been in a deficit for weeks and my face is thinner than ever (which is where I usually gain weight).. Also, my biceps do look more defined but it's my belly and hip fat.. It does look like it's… melting. It's so weird! And unfortunately my breasts seem to be losing rather than filling up =/ haha

I notice it very badly in my breasts actually.

For me it varied. I never lost weight in a linear fashion so I would go weeks with no loss, then get a little whoosh and my body would look a bit better for awhile. Now when I'm in a deficit I get excited when I see it lol
  • LadyTalulah
    Options

For me it varied. I never lost weight in a linear fashion so I would go weeks with no loss, then get a little whoosh and my body would look a bit better for awhile. Now when I'm in a deficit I get excited when I see it lol

Sorry for the very personal question, but did your breasts look better after the "whoosh"? I'm kind of freaking out, they look really bad atm now haha
  • arditarose
    Options

Sorry for the very personal question, but did your breasts look better after the "whoosh"? I'm kind of freaking out, they look really bad atm now haha

Umm...not really :/ I know how you feel. I cried. It's okay though. There are plenty of other things to look forward to. Just keep your eye on your goal.
  • LadyTalulah
    Options

Umm...not really :/ I know how you feel. I cried. It's okay though. There are plenty of other things to look forward to. Just keep your eye on your goal.

Haha well thanks for being honest at least! And thanks for the encouragement :)
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hadn't really thought about it until now but actually since I've been stricter the past few weeks my stomach and back fat has felt that way too
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My head hurts! Isn't all fat jiggly? I sure think so and I've had plenty of it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    My head hurts! Isn't all fat jiggly? I sure think so and I've had plenty of it.

That's what I thought too. . I need visuals to know exactly what we're talking about here.