Jiggly fat..?

Options

Replies

• magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    As I sit here trying to jiggle my fat my husband says "your body is looking good". <3
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I never really thought about this but I do try to make detailed observations about my body so I can use it as a way to track progress (I also don't lose in anything like a linear way on the scales). And it happens to me too! Some days I look at the still very obvious cellulite on my legs and think, hey, it looks so much better today and other days I wonder if the lighting in my room is totally different as I look a lot dimplier. Now of course there are other factors involved but this could be one of the explanations. Happens to my tummy too.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think the jiggly fat the OP is talking about is different...It's hard to explain. It doesn't look quite like loose skin but kind of resembles it. All of a sudden in a deficit I'll be sitting down and my butt fat sticking out on side becomes so...easy to grab. My belly fat when I bend over looks like it's melting.

Exactly!!! I'm now convinced that I'm losing weight and not gaining… I've been in a deficit for weeks and my face is thinner than ever (which is where I usually gain weight).. Also, my biceps do look more defined but it's my belly and hip fat.. It does look like it's… melting. It's so weird! And unfortunately my breasts seem to be losing rather than filling up =/ haha
    So how long does this usually last before it tightens up?

I notice it very badly in my breasts actually.

For me it varied. I never lost weight in a linear fashion so I would go weeks with no loss, then get a little whoosh and my body would look a bit better for awhile. Now when I'm in a deficit I get excited when I see it lol

Sorry for the very personal question, but did your breasts look better after the "whoosh"? I'm kind of freaking out, they look really bad atm now haha

To give a bit of hope, I was a 34DD before my loss, now a 32b and man they looked sad for a bit but after maintaining for a bit and building chest muscle up they got a bit perkier again! Although they do....deflate if I lose any more!
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yay. That's a good sign. Congrats. I was told. Exercise is the best way to tighten up. It will take time.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Anyone else pinching their fat hoping its jiggly now? Lol

Guilty...
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I think the jiggly fat the OP is talking about is different...It's hard to explain. It doesn't look quite like loose skin but kind of resembles it. All of a sudden in a deficit I'll be sitting down and my butt fat sticking out on side becomes so...easy to grab. My belly fat when I bend over looks like it's melting.

Exactly!!! I'm now convinced that I'm losing weight and not gaining… I've been in a deficit for weeks and my face is thinner than ever (which is where I usually gain weight).. Also, my biceps do look more defined but it's my belly and hip fat.. It does look like it's… melting. It's so weird! And unfortunately my breasts seem to be losing rather than filling up =/ haha

For me it varied. I never lost weight in a linear fashion so I would go weeks with no loss, then get a little whoosh and my body would look a bit better for awhile. Now when I'm in a deficit I get excited when I see it lol

Sorry for the very personal question, but did your breasts look better after the "whoosh"? I'm kind of freaking out, they look really bad atm now haha

To give a bit of hope, I was a 34DD before my loss, now a 32b and man they looked sad for a bit but after maintaining for a bit and building chest muscle up they got a bit perkier again! Although they do....deflate if I lose any more!

Ahh that does give me a bit of hope!! Thank you!!
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This morning my body is actually looking a lot better than the last few days.. I don't think I've experienced the "whoosh" yet as talked about here http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/ but I ate at maintenance rather than deficit yesterday and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.. Maybe another few days in deficit and I'll be back to squishy fat? Who knows, I'll keep everyone updated though!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    This morning my body is actually looking a lot better than the last few days.. I don't think I've experienced the "whoosh" yet as talked about here http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/ but I ate at maintenance rather than deficit yesterday and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.. Maybe another few days in deficit and I'll be back to squishy fat? Who knows, I'll keep everyone updated though!

Interesting, right? I have no idea of the science behind it. When I was in a deficit last I was like..wow, I looked better 4 pounds heavier and in maintenance. I love that Lyle article and I know I don't get the squishy fat thing exactly, but I think the melty fat is similar to what he is talking about there.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »

Genetics and childbearing also play a role in the whole thing. I apparently have the genes for small and less perky (and I've had 5 children). But I do agree that building muscle helps. That, and a good pushup bra!! :naughty:
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this morning that my upper abdomen looked extra jiggly, this is the first week this month that I have registered a loss on the scale. Bodies are weird.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's so weird. If you let jello warm up, it's a little like that - before it's liquid, but after it begins breaking down and isn't solid. Thicker and heavier, obviously, but it really feels like that. It's very loose and you can feel watery fat that is..."squishy" is really the best word for it.

When it happens, I keep feeling it and mooshing it around because it's just so bizarre. And I know that in a few days, I'm going to be registering a few less pounds on the scale.

You have less shape to your fat. It's mushy and kind of spreads out and flops around more. Because it's so loose, it does look worse. More solid fat has a better shape to it. This loose, watery. squishy stuff just spreads out and flops and is grosser in general, lol.

When I first came to MFP, I was delighted to see that other people had noticed the squishy-followed-by-a-drop thing and gave it a name: Whooshing. I really like word. :)

But some people don't notice it, so maybe it happens differently for different people.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I firmed up practically overnight and have had 2lb whoosh the last couple of days. So interesting!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Totally true.... I had consistent 1 pound losses for the first few weeks. Then there was 3 weeks of gaining and loosing the same weight. Then the jiggly fat.... Then in 24 hrs... Down 6! It still averages 0.7-1/ week, but it just came off overnight.

The jiggly fat is no longer a myth for me. I believe!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've been stalled for 3 weeks, but I swear my belly is less overhang-y now. Here's hoping for my own whoosh soon ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah the first time I saw it during my first 10 lbs lost, I literally cried. I thought I looked worse than when I started. I was bending over in a dressing room and there was my belly just...hangy like. Boobs too. Fun journey lol. Always something to look forward to :)
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    With all the fat I have had on my body over the years, I have never noticed this! LOL! Granted, I wasn't looking for it, but I am now!

I have however cried more than a few tears over the boob thing. Enough to make me think "boob job".
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Snort!
    Always
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm following this thread because I love to read jiggly fat over and over!
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer!!! So yes I pinched my fat when this thread started and I thought hmm it does feel feel jiggly not firm or normally more "dense" like it had been feeling. So I crossed my fingers and hoped and prayed.
    Yesterday's weigh in I dropped 2.4 lbs from last week. Snuck a peek at the scale today another 1.2 lbs for a total 3.6 pounds in just 8 days.
    Hip hip hooray for jiggly fat!!!!! Lol
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Side note I had went 3 weeks without any significant loss in fact one week I was up a pound so that may have something to do with it but I still think jiggly fat rules lol