Detox teas and wraps.

Options
So I've been saying alot of posts about detox teas and wraps on instagram (the Kardashians are promoting them quite a bit!). I was wondering if anyone has tried them and if they actually work? I think I know the answer, but I'm just curious!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The answer is no

You know that

That curiosity you feel is akin to believing in unicorns and fairies ....
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Kardashians will get richer so will the company selling the products. That's all that will happen
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    They usually contain diuretics and laxatives. Water loss =/= fat loss. Save your money, but you know that :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Kardashians should be only detoxing in jail cells when sobering up. As for wraps, they are great with bacon and steak.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jordy366
    jordy366 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    NO they do not work. Although I do like this tea called Get Clean, doesn't make me lose weight or anything like that but I love the taste and it's a great thing to put over ice if I'm having a craving but any tea would be good I just like that one. I bought it with hopes it would make me have less cravings doesn't do a thing but taste good!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Kardashians should be only detoxing in jail cells when sobering up. As for wraps, they are great with bacon and steak.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is correct
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OP - I have done wraps in the years ago on the day of a special occasion to look better in the dress. They process is miserable and the results are temporary- they last a few hours. Just as the name implies, you are wrapped up, and left for 30 minutes to an hour in this condition to sweat. It's not relaxing or remotely enjoyable. Save your money :smile:
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    When a celebrity endorses something, do you really believe it's because they care about you and actually believe it will help you? LOL
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    The people who I see selling wraps, pills, and potions on instagram all have 1 thing in common...they are all overweight. This has just been my experience. I'm thinking with all the shakes and wraps and teas you're selling why are you big yourself??!! I want to ask one of them but that would be extremely rude so I just keep strolling.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    As far as celebrities go I have noticed that a lot of them are taking pictures with flat tummy tea or a shake in their hands. It's getting to be annoying at this point.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The answer is no

You know that

Unicorns, I believe in.

The Kardashians.....not so much.

:wink:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My former best friend started selling one of these teatoxes that she found on Instagram a few months ago. After reading what it supposedly does, it's mind boggling to see how gullible people can be.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The Kardashians, arrgghh!! They don't know *kitten* from shinola! Save your money and buy a nice pair of running shoes. Win/win
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    From the woman that told her daughter to make a sex tape and release it on the Internet. .....the whole family needs to be dropped on an uninhabited island and left.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I believe in unicorns, bacon, and fae. I refuse to believe the Kardashians are real.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    The Kardashians have teams of people (trainers, plastic surgeons, etc) to ensure they appear what they deem as attractive. Even with all that they still have to have their cellulite photoshopped out of pics. Kim is a fast food junkie, and with all the above resources struggles to keep her weight in check.

They are marketing geniuses and nothing more. DO NOT look to them for any health advice. Would you accept diet advice from the homeless guy on the street corner just because they're skinny?

Also, didn't Kim recently get into some trouble for pushing prenatal supplements that turned out to be dangerous?

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    sy_x wrote: »
    So I've been saying alot of posts about detox teas and wraps on instagram (the Kardashians are promoting them quite a bit!). I was wondering if anyone has tried them and if they actually work? I think I know the answer, but I'm just curious!

The bold should be your first clue that they're a scam.

Celebrities get paid to promote worthless products, they don't do it out of the goodness of their heart because they want to help people. And the Kartrashians are the last people in the world I'd take advice about anything from.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Those wraps are hilarious. Been around since the early days of TV too....they keep selling. Obviously they work!
    It is a shame that the industry preys on peoples insecurities and lack of knowledge about true fat loss.
    These sorts of things fuel the fire that is misinformation, and adds to the confusion and frustration people feel about their expanding waistlines.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Its a shame they dont wrap the Kardashians totally in the wrap...i mean totally from head to toes, and leave them in the wrap

95069916.png
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The answer is no

You know that

I'm more inclined to believe in unicorns and fairies than believing the Kardashians have some kind of ethical code on what they'd be willing to hock for the right amount of money. >.>
    And no, they don't work at all.