Ridiculous weight loss thoughts...

Options
1235»

Replies

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    threadmad wrote: »
    Ridiculous thought: I wonder if my neighbors think I have a weird mental issue that has me out at 11pm walking in circles/zigzags around and through my drive way continually for a half hour. Just zipping along around the cars, between the cars and circling and circling....

I hadn't reached my daily step goals and it was bothering me so darn it I went to my drive way and looked like I was playing a merry game of ring a round the mosey all by myself. Lalalalala

It was a dark and stormy night, the rain fell in torrents. I realized I hadn't reached my step goal. I started walking in place, happily pounding the hardwood floor, and didn't hear my husband come home. I stopped for a rest and then saw him watching me with a silly grin on his face. I looked toward the windows and realized the rain had stopped, the curtains were open, and there were neighbors standing on the sidewalk with their children, watching me. I couldn't say anything beyond "ummm - errrr- ahhhh."

He had been standing on the sidewalk with said neighbors, watching me before he came in. He told me their conversation was interesting and wouldn't tell me exactly what was said, but apparently it had something to do with the expression on my face while I was working very hard to get those last steps in.

lol!!!! The way ur story started I was ready to lay in my cozy bed with a cup of hot chocolate and ask my hubby to read me the story. Love it!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I kind of got the impression that the OP was mostly tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be a serious discussion but I could be wrong.

Sadly, I fear, she was serious, based on other posts she has made in the past.

OK - I didn't know the history.

RE: the dog pulling = resistance training - that is NO JOKE - lol - my labrador is only 90 lbs but it feels like I'm being yanked along by a 1500 lb bull!!!!!!!!
    It was more of a light-hearted deal than a serious post - of course. People either truly didn't understand that or they think that pretending not to understand it makes someone else look stupid.

Those extra calories did me no good, lol. Same weight today as yesterday.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    So it is a Dr. Oz approved diet!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I can't believe no one has mentioned these ridiculous weight loss thoughts already:

1. If I eat it off his plate it has no calories
    2. If I eat it standing up it has no calories
    3. Pieces of cookies have no calories
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    64crayons wrote: »
    I think there should be some sort of extra calorie burn for resisting eating something you really want but know you shouldn't have. Shouldn't that count as resistance training?!?

If you do short, intense bursts of willpower while passing the aisles of tempting items in the grocery store, I think you can count it as HIIT.

55ebaccd614021eac2e1ce4f79bf84e7.jpg

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Lmao. I think I'll cut my hand off to see if I lose weight

I mean... you'll lose the weight of a hand really quickly. :smiley:
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I can't believe no one has mentioned these ridiculous weight loss thoughts already:

1. If I eat it off his plate it has no calories
    2. If I eat it standing up it has no calories
    3. Pieces of cookies have no calories

Lol love these @kshama2001

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    kgeyser wrote: »
    64crayons wrote: »
    I think there should be some sort of extra calorie burn for resisting eating something you really want but know you shouldn't have. Shouldn't that count as resistance training?!?

If you do short, intense bursts of willpower while passing the aisles of tempting items in the grocery store, I think you can count it as HIIT.

55ebaccd614021eac2e1ce4f79bf84e7.jpg

Lmao! Missed this one