Cereal that is filling and maybe low calorie?

Options
2»

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What about zoats? I find them a little more filling than just plain old oats, and the zucchini doesn't add many calories.

Thank you
    I really have to try this..i love zucchini.

95069916.png

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What about zoats? I find them a little more filling than just plain old oats, and the zucchini doesn't add many calories.

Thank you

95069916.png

They're great. I'll do 40g of oats and all the way up to 350-300g of zucchini. Throw in some protein powder for taste and macro friendliness
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal made with milk for protein, add a cinnamon, Stevia and a few chopped walnuts (for fat).

Greek yogurt with berries, Fiber One and chopped nuts.

Special K (original) has decent protein numbers, 2% milk has more staying power (for me) than skim. This is low fiber so I add 1/2 a banana sliced on top.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thank you

95069916.png

They're great. I'll do 40g of oats and all the way up to 350-300g of zucchini. Throw in some protein powder for taste and macro friendliness

lol cocoa powder must be good too hehehe...lots of it. Love some chocolate oats.

the oats and apple is just basis for me...from there it can go anywere...nuts chocolate etc
    So next is the zucchini try out. :)

95069916.png
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'll have two walnut halves and some Greek yogurt with my oats. The extra protein and fat gives the cereal staying power.
  • arditarose
    Options

Thank you

95069916.png

lol cocoa powder must be good too hehehe...lots of it. Love some chocolate oats.

the oats and apple is just basis for me...from there it can go anywere...nuts chocolate etc

95069916.png

Here are a few of my zoats, and yeah I think I used cocoa powder in all of them. You can be really creative. I think my favorite was the cherry pie, I even baked it in the oven for a little :)

Pumpkin

ba8kfz9i9uc1.jpg

Cherry pie with a Fiber One brownie
    ln4istz76b70.jpg

Oreo and Powdered PB
    9la8cybhg744.jpg
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options

Thank you

95069916.png

95069916.png

Here are a few of my zoats, and yeah I think I used cocoa powder in all of them. You can be really creative. I think my favorite was the cherry pie, I even baked it in the oven for a little :)

Pumpkin

ba8kfz9i9uc1.jpg

ln4istz76b70.jpg

Oreo and Powdered PB
    9la8cybhg744.jpg

oh yes!!! ymmieee
    Recipes please
    And can i use the pictures too ? lol for my page?

They look good sheesh and i just ate

95069916.png
  • shely97
    shely97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Special K with protein has extra protein and was recommended to me by my nutritionist.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I eat Trader Joe's oat bran. it is about 140 cal per portion. I sometimes add some coconut milk (canned, which is thicker). That makes it incredibly tasty and flavorful, but doubles the calories. Either way, it is very filling.
  • arditarose
    Options

Thank you

95069916.png

95069916.png

Pumpkin

ba8kfz9i9uc1.jpg

ln4istz76b70.jpg

Oreo and Powdered PB
    9la8cybhg744.jpg

oh yes!!! ymmieee
    Recipes please

95069916.png

Sure, use whatever you want.

The zoats base I use is:
    40g of rolled oats
    250 zucchini
    10g protein powder
    5g cocoa powder
    Stevia/Sweetener
    Some people also add egg whites but I don't. Sometimes I use a powdered egg replacer to thicken it a little.

1.Add water, oats, and peeled zucchini to pot, let boil. You can use the amount of water that the oats label recommends for the serving, but I tend to use a LITTLE less because there is water in the zucchini
    2. Once it is boiling, add protein powder/dry ingredients and stir while it simmers.

Then add anything you want. I added canned pumpkin to the first one. The whip was fat free Reddi Whip.

I like bulk. After I got used to this recipes I brought the oats down to 30g and the zucchini up to 300 :)
  • ZeXea
    ZeXea Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Thank you

95069916.png

95069916.png

Pumpkin

ba8kfz9i9uc1.jpg

ln4istz76b70.jpg

Oreo and Powdered PB
    9la8cybhg744.jpg

oh yes!!! ymmieee
    Recipes please

95069916.png

Sure, use whatever you want.

The zoats base I use is:
    40g of rolled oats
    250 zucchini
    10g protein powder
    5g cocoa powder
    Stevia/Sweetener
    Some people also add egg whites but I don't. Sometimes I use a powdered egg replacer to thicken it a little.

1.Add water, oats, and peeled zucchini to pot, let boil. You can use the amount of water that the oats label recommends for the serving, but I tend to use a LITTLE less because there is water in the zucchini
    2. Once it is boiling, add protein powder/dry ingredients and stir while it simmers.

Then add anything you want. I added canned pumpkin to the first one. The whip was fat free Reddi Whip.

I like bulk. After I got used to this recipes I brought the oats down to 30g and the zucchini up to 300 :)

Wow thank you for this! I will try this when I get the chance!
    I did try to make overnight oats and I LOVE IT!
    I put 1/2 cup oats with .65 cup of vanilla soy milk and stir. Then I put about 1 tbsp? of peanut butter and stir that in as best I can.
    I leave it, then hours later heat it up for 1.5 minutes, drop 1/3 cup of greek plain yogurt, a tbsp of raspberry preserves and its delicious! And so so filling! It leaves me COMPLTELY CONTENT for hours. I havent had a meal do that for me in....perhaps months? Unless it was 900 calories or more.
    I really need to up my protein, I think the protein in the greek yogurt is a huge part of it.

Thank you all again so so much for the help. Im so happy im on cloud nine right now!