6 Months In, 22 kg (48.5 pounds) Down!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    giphy.gif

Great job! I read that Vismal thread a lot, full of really good realistic weight loss information!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    So amazing!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    This is just awesome! Thank you for the realist approach: that it takes consistency and dedication. You are seriously amazing for sticking to something like that. I wish I was a better runner. Congrats! <3
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    Amazing accomplishment ! I'm curious, are you somewhat active during the day? We have similar stats however I have an office job so I'm sedentary, I have 1200 cal per day which I never accomplish. It's bothering me, I really want to know if this should be my calorie target, your was 1700? That sounds a lot better. Did you eat at a deficit? Do you think the weight lifting made a big difference? Thanks :smile:

I'm a lawyer, so I spend a lot of my working day sitting down in front of a desk or at court. I get my exercise done early in the morning at about 6am before work.

What is your height and how much do you weigh? People always talk about 1200 cals being the magic number but unless you're tiny, it may be too low. If your stats are similar to mine, then I suggest giving my calorie range (1700-1850 l) a try. I just think of it like this: do it if you can handle it in the long term. If 1200 cals per day is something you can rarely accomplish, never mind in the long term, then it's probably too low for you. It's not a race!

I did eat at a deficit of about 500 cals a day (but it's probably a bit higher than this because I don't log my exercise and I don't eat back my calories).

Weight lifting made a huge difference, I think! Creating more muscle mass means that my body is burning calories at a high rate, even when I'm not exercising. It's pretty awesome!

Hi :)

I am 5'9" and am 194lbs. My goal is to lose 2lb per week and being sedentary, mfp assigned me the magic number of 1200 :( I suppose it is a science and if I want to lose that amount per week, then that is the amount of calories. How much weight were you losing every week? Your results are so impressive for 6 months! I need to go back to Vismals thread. Did you weigh yourself weekly? Awesome job!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    I'm also running 3x per week, I need to lift more however. You have really inspired me!
  • BritBoogaloo
    BritBoogaloo Posts: 67 Member
    Oh my gosh guys, I am feeling very overwhelmed by all your kind responses! Thank you so much!
    erojoy wrote: »
    I wish I was a better runner.

Six months ago, I couldn't even run for 3 minutes without becoming exhausted!

Have you tried a couch to 5K app? There are many around that are free to download, and I used one to improve my running when I first started. Even now, I'm still a fairly slow runner but I still keep chugging along!

leecha2014 wrote: »

Hi :)

I am 5'9" and am 194lbs. My goal is to lose 2lb per week and being sedentary, mfp assigned me the magic number of 1200 :( I suppose it is a science and if I want to lose that amount per week, then that is the amount of calories. How much weight were you losing every week? Your results are so impressive for 6 months! I need to go back to Vismals thread. Did you weigh yourself weekly? Awesome job!

I didn't (and still don't) have an end goal so I wanted to take my weight loss quite slowly so that I could sustain it in the long term. I read a lot of articles that said if you lose weight too quickly, you're more likely to gain it back. I was also worried that if I lost too quickly, it would be too hard for me to sustain and I would give up.

With that in mind, I actually aimed to lose about .25-.5 kg a week (.75 to 1lb per week) and I thought it would take me about a year to lose all the weight. However, to my surprise I actually ended up losing the weight about twice as fast as I predicted. I think this is because I don't log my exercise on MFP and don't eat back exercise calories, so MFP didn't take account of that.

I weighed myself weekly every Sunday, and the weight I lost varied from week to week. Some weeks I lost 2.5 kg (5 lbs), other weeks I didn't lose weight at all. Some weeks I even gained weight. But when I averaged it out, I think I lost weight at a rate of about 1kg (2lbs) per week, though that has slowed down now to about .5 kg (1lb) a week, now that I am almost at my goal weight.

• PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Awesome loss!! I got 25 kgs to lose :neutral:
  • Shrink84
    Shrink84 Posts: 12 Member
    You look amazing!!!!!!!! you have a great figure even at 97kgs your shape and height holds the extra weight well lucky you! I started at 97 kgs also currently 92.5kgs. I can't wait to be back in the 70's! well done :smile:
  • Brooklyn2Bmore
    Brooklyn2Bmore Posts: 8 Member
    Great job! What a success story! We have almost the same stats so this is a great inspiration for me!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Awesome job! You could have said this was a 1 year transformation and it would still be awesome! The fact that you did it in half that much time is fantastic. You look great! Keep up the hard work and you'll be able to achieve anything you want!
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Fantastic job! All that hard work paid off, you look great! :)
  • grrrlwonder
    grrrlwonder Posts: 59 Member
    Congrats on all your hard work! You look great!
  • BritBoogaloo
    BritBoogaloo Posts: 67 Member
    vismal wrote: »
    Awesome job! You could have said this was a 1 year transformation and it would still be awesome! The fact that you did it in half that much time is fantastic. You look great! Keep up the hard work and you'll be able to achieve anything you want!

Thank you so much! My success was honestly mostly thanks to you. Without your thread, I wouldn't have even considered lifting in the first place. You're awesome and thanks again! :)
  • khakasa
    khakasa Posts: 6 Member
    Great job! And thanks for the tips. Now i see that weight training plays a huge part in accelerating weight loss.
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    You are awesome ! Very inspiring, i commend you for your dedication! I also had the same stats as you when i begun (around 92kg for 178cm now 87kg). I can only hope i'd be able to be as near my goal as you in six months. I am also aiming for 0.25-0.5kg lost a week :D
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Great job
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Thank you for your post. The consistency of your diet and weight loss efforts are a inspiration and remind me that I too can reach my goals by "staying the course" as you did!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Amazing job! I think it is fantastic that you were so inspired by Vismal's thread. It really goes to show the power of this community.
    I think, in turn you will inspire other people to do the same and the cycle will continue.

Thank you for sharing, you look fantastic :)
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Amazing transformation lady!
  • That's a fantastic figure, great shape!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!