Options
2»

Replies

• xx1chloe5xx
    xx1chloe5xx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    If you are going "raw vegan" just to lose weight, I would reconsider.

Agreed. @xx1chloe5xx - what's your motivation for raw vegan?

I've heard it makes you happier and healthier and offers lots of benefits such as glowing hair and skin and making you feel energised losing weight is just a plus I'm trying to change my lifestyle for the better and get involved in something new
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of your reasons for going raw vegan but I just want to point out that it certainly won't speed up the weight loss process. You may have heard it gives you many benefits such as glowing hair and skin but I have never (and will never) eat a raw vegan diet. I have however, eaten at a deficit and lost almost 40 lbs - much of my diet has been full of 'a little bit of everything' and my skin is fantastic and my hair is much, much healthier.

Of course it's entirely your choice and good luck to you - but know that it isnt necessary to put yourself through, in my opinion - an extreme change for the sake of 'healthy hair and skin'. You'll get it regardless.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    If you are going "raw vegan" just to lose weight, I would reconsider.

Agreed. @xx1chloe5xx - what's your motivation for raw vegan?

I've heard it makes you happier and healthier and offers lots of benefits such as glowing hair and skin and making you feel energised losing weight is just a plus I'm trying to change my lifestyle for the better and get involved in something new

Many people do report that raw veganism gives them better hair or skin. I'd be extremely skeptical of those self-reports though. There are lots of people who try it, don't get the results they want, and quit. We don't hear about them as often. There are also many reports of people who try it and experience negative results. I have no idea how it could make you happier, but there is little scientific evidence to establish that raw vegans are HEALTHIER (and, in fact, some studies suggest that raw veganism isn't healthier --although there certainly are some healthy raw vegans).

Not all raw vegans lose weight. Just like people who eat cooked food or animal products, what is going to determine your weight loss is consuming fewer calories than you burn. If you do this as a raw vegan, you will lose weight. If you do this as a vegan, you will lose weight. If you do this as a non-vegan, you will lose weight.