What do you think is the hardest part about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Paul699
    Paul699 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Worrying that my efforts are for nothing, staying in deficit and not losing, and the last 9 lbs that will just not move.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I found the first 20 pounds quite easy to shift as I had 'more to lose'. Now I'm at the last 6 or so and I have that dilemma of wanting to 'up my calories to eat more' but still wanting to lose a little bit of weight. I am at a tiny, tiny, deficit now (around 150 a day) and the loss is so..........so................so...................slow. Having said that, I'm still 'losing' and I'm enjoying being able to eat a bit more. I'd say this last slog is definitely the hardest for me. Of course, I could lower my calories and lose quicker but after losing 40 lbs, I want to transition to maintenance.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    For me it's the time it takes. I am not the most patient of people lol. But the time will pass anyway, so may as well spend it getting fitter and healthier!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Getting my massively-sized head from how proud I am of myself through the door.

:laugh: Congratulations

For me: wanting more calories, feeling the need to eat everything in sight - solved by not having more than one serving of certain things in the house

Other main issue continues to be food prep and variety. I get lazy and don't feel like cooking, so because of this I don't have readily available choices and make poor ones. Variety aspect is I get bored of the stuff I cook and the whole process starts to feel stale. I call it laziness because there are websites ETC to research different recipes and I could always be armed with a plan. Or just spend the time really thinking of something I would like, and make a plan to cook it :)
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Patience. I didn't gain it in a week, I won't lose it in a week.

I've always known it will be a lifetime thing for me--been doing this since middle school (count calories, exercise, lose. Maintain until life event/pregnancy changes things. Repeat ad nauseum.)--but sometimes it just gets old knowing I always have to watch (or I have to be in training for half marathons--which, really, is part of why I run so much--so I can be a bit less strict with my diet
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I know this really isn't something to complain about buttttttt... This week I got out all my winter cloths and NOTHING fits. I didn't realize I lost THAT much. I had some NICE cloths that now I won't get to wear again and it's so hard to find cloths that fit because I'm so tall
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ...battling my damn hormones. Other than that, easy peasy.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me is dealing with boredom, without snacking.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Trying to keep your sanity and body satisfied.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Starting.

I tried and failed to lose weight quite a few times purely through exercise. I gave up pretty quick each time. Then I joined a biggest loser contest at work ($10 entry, 90 day duration) thinking that if I could lose 10 pounds over the course of the contest then it'd be worth it. Essentially I'd have payed $1/pound lost. I didn't realize how competitive I actually am and I wound up losing 28 pounds in that time and winning $128. So I actually got paid to lose weight and that contest is exactly what I needed to kickstart my healthy habits.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Either controlling how much i eat or knowing i have to control how much i eat for so long.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    The first thirty days or so while developing new good eating habits.
  • HollyMarie0595
    HollyMarie0595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The time it takes. I have very little patience when it comes to wauting for what i want! The plateau which i havent hit yet but because i have less than 20 to lose i suspect it coming! Oh and eating out and the will power it takes not to dive in and eat all the Red Lobster biscuits!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    not eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter World every single night. Like literally every single night. HAAAA and I wondered why I was the way I was. Now I can fit it in a little at a time, but I rarely feel like ice cream these days.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Realizing it's a mind game.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What do you think is the hardest part about losing weight?

Maintaining it.

I had very little difficulty losing the weight ... but I'm not feeling so confident about being able to maintain the loss.

I'm just about to go into the phase where I start adding calories. On the one hand I don't really want to eat much more than I'm currently eating ... generally speaking I like what I'm eating and how much of it I'm eating. But on the other hand, it might be nice to have a pastry at morning tea once a month. I'll need to sort out a balance.

I maintained for a year whilst deciding if I was happy at that weight or not. I can advise that fur me, I kept eating the exact same but didn't count the calories anymore! I knew I was making the right choices, but was just allowing my body to tell me when to stop eating, not a calorie limit :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    The non-linearity of weight loss and plateaus. It's very demotivating to be so disciplined for weeks and then not see the scale budge, or worse, go up.

Yes! Ditto!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The moments I realize I cannot eat whatever I want unchecked and still lose the weight. But realizing too one serving is as satisfying as a whole package.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is weighing everything! It's so tedious and gets so annoying.