What do you think is the hardest part about losing weight?

Options
I think the hardest thing for me is accepting that some days I will go over my calorie goal, and to not let that derail my efforts.

What about you guys?

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Really slow progress. I start to question my effort. Is it something I can control or not?
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I don't find it all that hard to be honest. But I will say that the most annoying thing is the time it takes. I've been at it for a year now and still not done lol.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Losing the last few is the most difficult thing I've ever done!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Really slow progress. I start to question my effort. Is it something I can control or not?

I will second this. Slow progress. Seeing no end in sight.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I haven't found it hard. Even though I'm at the part where I'm down to the end game (I'm in a diet break to reset my hormone levels after eating at deficit for so long) and things will slow down, I still find this infinitely easier than it was to be fat and unhappy.

I feel accomplished and satisfied with myself for doing something about my weight now. That's what makes this easy.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The most important and the hardest thing for me was to believe in me. Once I believed that I can do it - the rest was a matter of time. Ups and downs did not matter - I KNEW I could do it and I did it.

Believe in yourself.
  • bremingtonsteele
    Options
    For me, it's not giving in to giving up when I make one mistake. Not letting two cookies turn into a batch, or one bad day turn into a week of bingeing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    time and having patience...though this became much easier for me when i realized that time was irrelevant given that ultimately, there isn't an end or a finish line...once i started wrapping my head around that, the focus really shifted from weight loss to focusing on health and fitness and doing what i need to do to be as healthy and fit as i possibly can be...from there, weight management has just been a nice bi-product of good livin'

I'm over three years in and still working it.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The non-linearity of weight loss and plateaus. It's very demotivating to be so disciplined for weeks and then not see the scale budge, or worse, go up.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Starting.

Once I finally got off my butt, literally, and started being proactive in my weight loss, it was all pretty simple. Easy isn't a word I would use but it has not been hard since I actually got started.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest thing for me is accepting that some days I will go over my calorie goal, and to not let that derail my efforts.

What about you guys?

For most people I think the hardest part about losing weight is changing your habits to align with your goals, and sticking to those habit changes for a long period of time.

• 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Changing my "all or nothing" perspective.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    staying motivated!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Having a bump in the road, believing it's failure, and picking yourself up after it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I think maintenance is harder.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    2 things for me...having patience and the ups & downs on the scale, especially during that time of the month! I know it's water weight but damn it's annoying :'(
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is MUCH harder. I find it easier to keep watch on the weight, weight 1x week, have fun, then when the scale goes much outside my 5lb window, get on the logging train again. So basically I'm always losing those last 5lbs. LOL
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Finding a WOE that worked for me took a long time. Once I found it, weight loss became much easier.
  • alohajls
    alohajls Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Realizing that this is a life sentence. There will never be a time when I can not be concerned about what I eat, whether I am losing weight or not.