INTENSE (AND MAYBE FUN) HOME WORKOUTS?!?!!

Options
My schedule just recently changed so I am missing a couple of my fav classes at the Y now. I figure I could do some stuff at home but what are the best ones for a wii, or maybe even a dvd?? I know Zumba is good what else you all recommend? Not no light stuff I want to sweat!

Replies

• simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ??
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you have any cardio equipment, try some high intensity interval training (HIIT). That'll get you sweating in no time!

If not, try FitnessBlender on Youtube, they have workout videos that do not require any equipment and you can choose a difficulty level to suit your needs.
  • ekoth_09
    ekoth_09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The Insanity dvd kicked my butt!
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Insanity or insanity max
  • LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender! They have tons and tons of free workouts. Or you can buy a 'plan' if you want something more structured. They also have an app, that makes quickie workouts super easy. I've also used BeFiT on YouTube. Very similar to Fitness Blender, I just happen to like the FB workouts better.
  • 1403mandycat
    1403mandycat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A kettlebell & a 20 minute accumulator most mornings works for me (free tabata timer app on the android & kettlebell is all you need). I tried bike HIIT, T25, pilates & a number of others before settling on the kettle. Just try different things until you find one that you enjoy, has the desired effect on your heart rate & works for your body composition. No need to train at home for a long time, 15 - 20 minutes is enough if you're going down the HIIT route. If you do get a kettlebell I'd go to a class before trying it at home to make sure your technique is on form. They're the most amazing bit of kit ever IMO but you can hurt yourself if you're not doing it right.
  • cudancer66
    cudancer66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Acro yoga!!! Very fun & intense
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Insanity max or insanity, bodyrick HIIT Max workout series and fitness blender on YouTube are great.
  • lisaando151
    lisaando151 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You tube jillian Michaels challenge
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender! They have tons and tons of free workouts. Or you can buy a 'plan' if you want something more structured. They also have an app, that makes quickie workouts super easy. I've also used BeFiT on YouTube. Very similar to Fitness Blender, I just happen to like the FB workouts better.
    Is fitness blender on youtube?

• simply_bubbz
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    Insanity max or insanity, bodyrick HIIT Max workout series and fitness blender on YouTube are great.

thank you! where do I find body rick HIIT?
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!!! I will look into insanity I did hear that was a KILLER
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I like this guy a lot, fun and intense:

https://www.youtube.com/user/yaboymillhoy

mqdefault.jpg
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    I like this guy a lot, fun and intense:

https://www.youtube.com/user/yaboymillhoy

mqdefault.jpg

It won't play...what's the name?
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith on YouTube has lots of good equipment-free workouts for different skill levels, all free.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    His name on youtube is Millionaire Hoy.
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love CIZE!
  • LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    [quote="simply_bubbz;34727325"
    Is fitness blender on youtube?

[/quote]

Yes, they are. Or you can go to their website directly, www.FitnessBlender.com. The website allows you to search a little more accurately, it also has a nifty calendar feature so you can queue up your workouts in advance.