1200 calorie diet buddies!

Options

Replies

• hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 1200 calories a day and my goal is set to 2lbs a week. Feel free to add me !
  • khaleedrachen
    khaleedrachen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started. Havent really gotten far. Lost 4lbs in 3 days but I havent been eating that great yet. Whoop too the 1200 club though. Will definitely follow you guys for inspiration :)
  • lippicker3000
    lippicker3000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Looking for inspiration. Feel free to add
  • bumblebee504
    bumblebee504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too I'm trying do this too
  • laurenpritz
    laurenpritz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • Suzibluski
    Suzibluski Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back into it. at 1250 feel free to add me!! The more support the better
  • anamind
    anamind Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1500 and would love to have another diet partner! Or even a few! I don't bite, I promise. Add me if you want! :)
  • SiameseKitty
    SiameseKitty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1200-1300 calories per day. Feel free to add me too! I could always use new positive friends! :smiley:
  • cepageduviv
    cepageduviv Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm 1200 calorie goal as well. I think everyone is different and our bodies react differently. I am getting my basal metabolic rate tested soon to help me once I reach my maintain phase. Please feel free to add and I would love to add some of you to get some ideas while things are starting to get bland and boring lately. I'm starting to slack with the holidays and need to keep it real since I'm not to far from MY goal.

103 lbs down since December 28 2014

7qk806nehcf5.jpeg
  • LittleMissGreedy28
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    bfanny wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Many people do not need to go as low as 1200 in order to lose, nor is losing 2 lbs/week recommended for those who have less than 75 lbs to lose.

If you choose to stick with the 1200 cal setting, please make sure you are eating back at least a portion of any exercise calories.)

So if I have been trying @ 1,500 and NOT losing (the last 5-8 lbs) but maintaining Am I suppose to eat more????
    Sorry but it doesn't make any sense!
    A few weekends I'm sure I ate more and didn't lose either

Are you weighing your food with a food scale? How long have you been maintaining? Were you losing at this level at one point and then stopped losing? Are you exercising? Did you recently change your exercise program?

No I'm not saying you need to eat more if you aren't losing at this level currently. I am saying that some people do not need to go as low as 1200 to lose. If you aren't losing there could be a number of reason, the most common is that you may have some errors in logging which mean that you're actually eating more than 1500 already.
  • LittleMissGreedy28
    Options
    1200 here x
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 also, my diary is open to friends, feel free to add me. I don't eat back any of my exercise calories. I stopped eating junk so my diary is pretty healthy. I've lost 17.2 pounds since Oct 15, 2015.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I eat at 1200 since April and have lost 13kgs/28 pounds so far (5kg/11pounds more to go to goal). I have lost around 0.4 kg a week/approx 1 pound a week, so even on a low calorie intake it does not necessarily drop off.

Some days it is easier than others, that is for sure, but if I pre-log and allow reasonable portions of the things I love I am able to manage it.

I am 5.7 tall and 40 years old. I have some health issues which require me to eat at this level for success.

1200 is a perfectly healthy and acceptable level to eat at, but there is always value in doing your homework to see if you are able to eat more and still lose and you want to find the zone which allows you to succeed long term. Trial and error will tell you that pretty quickly.

Don't be shamed into eating more if 1200 is right for you.
  • arijacks80
    arijacks80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 1200 a day too so you can add me too! :)
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    All welcome to add me! I'm eating 1200 a day also and just trying to get down about 15lbs for now :-) All the support and motivation is welcome!
  • misskylastarr
    misskylastarr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Need a buddy
  • bumblebee504
    bumblebee504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am on 1200 cals my diet probably not great but I have an open diary to friends and I am losing weight, I do train hard at the gym so that helps.
  • asmlpkg
    asmlpkg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is great. I'm March 20th.
    1200 -1500 calories. Weights and HIT.
    Please add me.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200/day. I usually have a lot of exercise calories but I try not to eat them all. I'll add you.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Do you guys sometimes go over 1200?