1200 calorie diet buddies!

Options
Hey everyone my name is Megan! I am starting my 1200 calorie diet today as I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week until my birthday March 28! I would love to have some friends we can share diaries with to get ideas for what 1200 calories looks like! So please add me so we can motivate and inspire one another for a successful life change!

Replies

• KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and am on 1209 calories per day! I have to admit I am not the healthiest eater but MFP is teaching me to make those changes in food and exercise :) Best of luck!
  • gemmahes
    gemmahes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 cals too I'm from UK would love some extra diaries to look at to help me keep motivated ☺ 7.5lbs to go
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am set to 1,210 calories for 1 lb a week. I follow a weekly deficit so some days I eat more, and some days I eat less. I welcome all friends so feel free to send me a request.
  • fruitystix
    fruitystix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've recently changed my focus to the deficit I'm creating which would be about 1000 calories per day if I exercise and stick to about 1200 cal
  • fruitystix
    fruitystix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That and walking up steps. Steps steps and more steps !seems to actually be working this week
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back into the swing of things but, I am at 1200 for a loss of a little less than a lb a week. My diary is open to friends and I prelog. Some days are healthier than others.
  • tam233
    tam233 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 1200 to 1500 but I find it hard to stick to 1200 without starving myself :(
  • CharlotteALC93
    CharlotteALC93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Meee trying to lose as much as I can by march 30th so pretty much the same as you :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Many people do not need to go as low as 1200 in order to lose, nor is losing 2 lbs/week recommended for those who have less than 75 lbs to lose.

If you choose to stick with the 1200 cal setting, please make sure you are eating back at least a portion of any exercise calories.

• sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Many people do not need to go as low as 1200 in order to lose, nor is losing 2 lbs/week recommended for those who have less than 75 lbs to lose.

If you choose to stick with the 1200 cal setting, please make sure you are eating back at least a portion of any exercise calories.

I agree. I was eating 1200 and bumped it up to 1450 because it was too low for me to manage.

There are days I eat at 1200 but knowing I can have another 250 calories if needed. Besides I lose at a steadier rate eating a bit more.
    18 pounds down 18 more to go!

Its endurance and determination that helped get me where I am, not a lower calorie intake.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Started 1 Nov - lost 8 lbs so far... need to lose 33lbs more to reach first goal weight before I turn 50 next August - lol. Love readng all the posts.
  • mscorpsegirl
    mscorpsegirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm kerri my birthdays March 19th let's do this till our birthdays
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg. I'm a 1200cal/day gal too.......(plus half my exercise calories)
    My diary is open and I sent you a friend request
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options

If you choose to stick with the 1200 cal setting, please make sure you are eating back at least a portion of any exercise calories.)

So if I have been trying @ 1,500 and NOT losing (the last 5-8 lbs) but maintaining Am I suppose to eat more????
    Sorry but it doesn't make any sense!
    A few weekends I'm sure I ate more and didn't lose either
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »

If you choose to stick with the 1200 cal setting, please make sure you are eating back at least a portion of any exercise calories.)

So if I have been trying @ 1,500 and NOT losing (the last 5-8 lbs) but maintaining Am I suppose to eat more????
    Sorry but it doesn't make any sense!
    A few weekends I'm sure I ate more and didn't lose either

Are you weighing your food with a food scale? How long have you been maintaining? Were you losing at this level at one point and then stopped losing? Are you exercising? Did you recently change your exercise program?

No I'm not saying you need to eat more if you aren't losing at this level currently. I am saying that some people do not need to go as low as 1200 to lose. If you aren't losing there could be a number of reason, the most common is that you may have some errors in logging which mean that you're actually eating more than 1500 already.
  • bfanny
    Options
    Me? Maintaining for months (year) I've lost 40 lbs so I think that I know how to track my food ;) exercise? 6 days a week cardio + some lifting I'm 5'4" 138 is not like I'm 120 or even trying to get there...
  • bfanny
    Options
    And believe me I'm a fan of eating the most you can while losing but is not working for me anymore :( was refusing to go lower but guess what? Tried the 1,200 this week and worked! So...
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Some people have to do 1200cals to lose. I am 5'4 and very sedentary due to a disability and I am at 1220 to lose 1lb a week I weigh all my food.
  • myweightloss2018
    myweightloss2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1200 over here.. you can add me <3
  • lilsara411
    lilsara411 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1200 here too. I just got serious about this in the past week and I'm having a tough time staying under and getting as many steps in as I can. I haven't really started posting much but I plan to. You can add me