Should i eat dinner

Options

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You look awfully thin. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I kinda think i ate too much junk today. i had a bagel and jam for breakfast with water, an iced coffee, then two thin slices of pepperoni pizza and chickpea salad and tuna for lunch, then 3 cookies then skittles then dried snap peas. I have 471 calories left, and I'm afraid to gain weight if i want to look good for the holidays

Go exercise some???
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I kinda think i ate too much junk today. i had a bagel and jam for breakfast with water, an iced coffee, then two thin slices of pepperoni pizza and chickpea salad and tuna for lunch, then 3 cookies then skittles then dried snap peas. I have 471 calories left, and I'm afraid to gain weight if i want to look good for the holidays

Go exercise some???

I'm not sure if this is the best advice for someone who is this upset about being 471 calories under goal. For someone struggling with disordered eating, exercise in response to guilt/dismay about consumption can be dangerous.
  • PDiddySea
    PDiddySea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think instead of counting calories you should look at what you are eating more closely. You acknowledged it as junk but im a bit surprised how much of it you ate today. I would not skip dinner because you need to make up the lack of good food for your body. Eat some some steamed veggies, a clean protein and some fresh fruit. Junk should be a snack, not the whole day. If you have to do pizza stick to veggie or plain cheese. I love pepperoni as much as anyone but its a gut bomb. I do NOT count calories. What I do is cook fresh. Every day. Jam is pure sugar, bagel is empty calories, and canned tuna (i assume that is what you are referring to) is highly processed and high in salt. I am not opposed to a cookie or two, but pick wisely there. Im the king of easy dinners so if you want suggestions lemme know. I love soups bc they make great left overs and winter is a great time for them. Its also a good way to clean out the fridge. Peter
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    peterdenny wrote: »
    I think instead of counting calories you should look at what you are eating more closely. You acknowledged it as junk but im a bit surprised how much of it you ate today. I would not skip dinner because you need to make up the lack of good food for your body. Eat some some steamed veggies, a clean protein and some fresh fruit. Junk should be a snack, not the whole day. If you have to do pizza stick to veggie or plain cheese. I love pepperoni as much as anyone but its a gut bomb. I do NOT count calories. What I do is cook fresh. Every day. Jam is pure sugar, bagel is empty calories, and canned tuna (i assume that is what you are referring to) is highly processed and high in salt. I am not opposed to a cookie or two, but pick wisely there. Im the king of easy dinners so if you want suggestions lemme know. I love soups bc they make great left overs and winter is a great time for them. Its also a good way to clean out the fridge. Peter

OP's diary isn't open. How do you know how much she ate?

Bagels have fat, protein, and carbohydrates. I am not sure how you define "empty calories," but all three of those are macronutrients my body can use.
  • PDiddySea
    PDiddySea Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @janejellyroll what I listed was based on what she wrote that she ate that day. Bagels in a lot of sense like bread. I believe they are empty calories and I am assuming they are the generic white bread variety. The rest I do stand by though.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hmm, yes you made many poor food choices today. I wonder why? I would have a salad with some protein in it with balsamic vinegar for dinner. Tomorrow is a new day. Move on. Make better food choices. You could always exercise some more and have additional calories for dinner. I hope you did exercise today.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll what I listed was based on what she wrote that she ate that day. Bagels in a lot of sense like bread. Perhaps not exactly empty calories but I was assuming they are the generic white bread variety. The rest I do stand by though. But a bagel with jam is basically processed bleached flour and lots of sugar imo and I think not great but not totally terrible either.

The OP has a history of threads that indicate an unhealthy relationship with food and your posts here only go to reinforce those in a girl who, if her content is close to accurate, undereating on a regular basis. What she claims to have eaten goes towards her needed macro levels ... not far enough ... but in the right direction without your unnecessary additional, and logically deficient, additional restrictions.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll what I listed was based on what she wrote that she ate that day. Bagels in a lot of sense like bread. I believe they are empty calories and I am assuming they are the generic white bread variety. The rest I do stand by though.

So why are bagels, if they are like white bread, empty calories again?

• brianpperkins
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Hmm, yes you made many poor food choices today. I wonder why? I would have a salad with some protein in it with balsamic vinegar for dinner. Tomorrow is a new day. Move on. Make better food choices. You could always exercise some more and have additional calories for dinner. I hope you did exercise today.

What logical reason is there for any of the advice in this post?

That's without getting into your inability to accurately address what day she referred to although it is noted in her post.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

As to the bolded, I'm glad you can't see my diary then, because you would fall down from astonishment. There is nothing wrong with a bagel or some canned tuna. And this is just one day.
    OP doesn't need more rules, she needs a healthier relationship with food.

OP, what you listed was not that bad, and considering how much below your goal you were, of course you should eat dinner. You are already NOT overweight, so you should eat ALL your calories and not "worry" about gaining weight over the holidays. Food is not something that should cause worry or fear, unless you think it has spoiled :) Please talk to a professional about your fears about your weight, and take good care of yourself!
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes take some healthy food and try not to eat any unhealthy or junk food for the whole week...
    Don't skip any meal, its not good for your health and can effect your sleep too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've asked this repeatedly throughout the thread, of the OP and others. Can someone please explain why what the OP ate would be considered junk? A bagel and jam, pizza, tuna, chick peas and cookies? Maybe she could add some veggies in at dinner but continuing to tell her not to eat "any more junk" supports her tendencies to label food as good and bad and may be very detrimental to someone who is struggling with disordered eating.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    from her previous posts, and even this post, it is pretty obvious she has an ED

[edited by MFP Moderator]
  • brianpperkins
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This thread has her well below her daily goal and afraid to eat to it. Her previous threads show a similar tendency with titles such as "should i not eat anymore today?", "Unhealthy relationship with food and stress", and "Had dessert in range but scared I'll gain weight." Her profile pic shows a very thin young woman.

Now what in that is indicative that exercise is the right answer for somebody who is already undereating and admitting to unfounded fears of weight loss?

[edited by MFP Moderator]
  • DarrylSpiers
    DarrylSpiers Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dinner is very important meal of a day and we should not skip it. We can eat less and little amount of food but never try to avoid or skip dinner. You can skip launch but not dinner because it is most important for living healthy life.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I've asked this repeatedly throughout the thread, of the OP and others. Can someone please explain why what the OP ate would be considered junk? A bagel and jam, pizza, tuna, chick peas and cookies? Maybe she could add some veggies in at dinner but continuing to tell her not to eat "any more junk" supports her tendencies to label food as good and bad and may be very detrimental to someone who is struggling with disordered eating.

^^^ So much this.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Go exercise some???

I'm not sure if this is the best advice for someone who is this upset about being 471 calories under goal. For someone struggling with disordered eating, exercise in response to guilt/dismay about consumption can be dangerous.

My bad didn't know you could tell someone has a ED from a rant about eating to much *kitten* in a day. LoL way to go champ, tell me about my personal life and eating habits from these 2 sentences please!

This thread has her well below her daily goal and afraid to eat to it. Her previous threads show a similar tendency with titles such as "should i not eat anymore today?", "Unhealthy relationship with food and stress", and "Had dessert in range but scared I'll gain weight." Her profile pic shows a very thin young woman.

Now what in that is indicative that exercise is the right answer for somebody who is already undereating and admitting to unfounded fears of weight loss?

Don't have that much free time on my hands to creep someones profile before responding to a rant.

Yet you seem to have plenty of time to defend the poor guidance resulting from not paying attention to the details in the OP nor having a clue of her previous posts.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Your belief that something with protein, fat, and carbohydrate is "empty calories" doesn't make it so. And her listing what she ate gives us no idea of the volume. She had 471 calories left, so it couldn't have been a huge amount of food.
  • janejellyroll
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Did you miss that this isn't her first thread? That she wants to skip meals even though she had more than 470 calories left for the day?

I don't know anything about your personal life, but I think you should be more thoughtful about what you post.