Meat 0,1,2,3 times day?

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Usually 2, sometimes 0-1. Often the meat is fish or other seafood.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    0 - for over 13 years. Get my protein from plants now.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    0-3. Meat is delicious but expensive if you want good stuff!
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bbgun714 wrote: »
    I never eat meat, it increases the chance of cancer and heart disease. If you're worried about protein- don't be. There is plenty of protein found in plant food :)

If you had said processed red meat, you'd have something to go on, as the WHO came out recently saying that eating 50g of processed red meat daily will increase the chance to obtain colon cancer from 3.1 - 3.6 %, but that claim towards meat in itself is absolutely groundless. And besides, 3.1 - 3.6%..? Every food we consume are to different degrees compromises in our health, and that certainly isn't a big one.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Usually twice a day - with lunch and dinner, and usually chicken or fish. Sometimes I have beef jerky as a snack as well.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I eat meat for lunch and dinner.
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Usually 1-2 times a day, sometimes I have fish instead
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    I have some form of animal protein with most meals. I pick leaner cuts like chicken, though. I have the soul of a vegan in the body of an omnivore, and to resolve this conflict I don't buy meat, eggs, and dairy from factory farms.
  • bremingtonsteele
    Options
    At least 2, sometimes 3.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have some form of animal protein with most meals. I pick leaner cuts like chicken, though. I have the soul of a vegan in the body of an omnivore, and to resolve this conflict I don't buy meat, eggs, and dairy from factory farms.

The bodies of vegans aren't any different than those of non-vegans. We're the same species, we simply have a different ethical position on unnecessary animal exploitation and suffering.

I realize this was a tongue-in-cheek statement (probably), but I think it's important to acknowledge that we aren't maintaining this lifestyle due to any physical difference. If one has determined that unnecessary animal suffering is wrong, one either acts on that or one doesn't.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    3-4 meals per week, so 0.5 times per day?
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    At least 1 or 2. I eat in an IF way and only have two meals per day.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Usually 0. Sometimes 1. Rarely, more.

Me too. I prefer nuts, beans HUMMUS mmmmm and whey protein instead of meats. I do love me some grouper though!!
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    At least 2. Lunch and dinner.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat meat in just about every meal. I also eat fruits/veggies in just about every meal. I am destroying both flora and fauna so everyone can hate me.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It was twice a day, then I got into ethical dilemas with myself and it went to none but I get cravings so sometimes 1
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    Options
    between 0-1 for me most days, i've never been a big meat eater