Replies

• sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So guilty of a couple of them!
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lol the bacon grease!!! I seriously had an argument with myself about if I could away with not counting the bacon grease to cook my hash browns in since I already counted the bacon. I was so sad to pour out the grease and use a spray of Pam instead lol 1 quick spray not 1/3 of the can lol

Don't do that! Cook those eggs in the grease - just count the calories is all.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    track_12-_sheer_perfection.gif
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    f20ece426008a6e32df41730d0dfaf72.jpg
  • cgisme2014
    cgisme2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One you missed was Always eat tidbits from your partners plate - the calories belong to them >:)
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    *buries face in hands*
    I forgot to log my cooking oil. Thanks for the reminder. :'D Great post overall!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Right On!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @desweds how did you know??? I am lmao .
    Verified, schmerified? Too true. Depending on whether I am within calories for the day or going overboard I will chose one items or another in the DB :D

Another one:
    Tasting doesn't have calories. I only dipped my finger once, or twice... or "tasted" with a serving spoon; so its not THAT many calories!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Lol Funny but hey I do a lot of those and still lose weight. It is about knowing your comfort zone, being honest with yourself and knowing your body. I know when I have been extra active, that I lose weight on more calories than most people my size and that the 100calories of oil I used are nothing compared to the entire 18" pizza I had a few days before lol so I feel it isnt that necessary sometimes to log it. It depends on my mood. :) If it works for me, that's what matters to me. Also, I have found I actually do measure almost everything perfectly by eye. I checked with a scale. I did think I could eat a lot less pasta though so I was kind of missing out before lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Lol Funny but hey I do a lot of those and still lose weight. It is about knowing your comfort zone, being honest with yourself and knowing your body. I know when I have been extra active, that I lose weight on more calories than most people my size and that the 100calories of oil I used are nothing compared to the entire 18" pizza I had a few days before lol so I feel it isnt that necessary sometimes to log it. It depends on my mood. :) If it works for me, that's what matters to me. Also, I have found I actually do measure almost everything perfectly by eye. I checked with a scale. I did think I could eat a lot less pasta though so I was kind of missing out before lol

If you do all those things, then isn't that not being honest with yourself? Which was kind of the whole point of the post?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »

If you do all those things, then isn't that not being honest with yourself? Which was kind of the whole point of the post?

I said a lot not all lol I dont log my vegetables usually, unless they are major. But I dont eat many either even though I should because they go bad quick and we are low income with no car. This means we get a lift to the store and my bf works almost nonstop so we only get to go once or twice a month. I need veggies that last or Im screwed. And the point of the whole post as I see it was that you cant lose weight doing those things? It says reasons why people arent losing. I do lose doing that. So... No? I am being honest with myself because I know what Im doing. But if I dont feel like logging online just to log some oil or a slice of tomato then I wont. If Im succeeding I dont see why its a big deal. I get that a lot of people do that then complain they arent losing. Thats different. If its not working change it. If its fine for you feel free to continue it.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    This thread is sorely lacking in "taking it personally butthurt"

<looks around for usual suspects>

I do believe your guest has arrived.
  • joinn68
    Options
    Another righteous food logging trick: This looks like a teaspoon; I'll log it as a teaspon (usually of oil)
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Brilliant post OP!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    This thread is sorely lacking in "taking it personally butthurt"

<looks around for usual suspects>

I do believe your guest has arrived.

:laugh:
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and so funny.
    I'm guilty as charged on that - When making salads I end up eating half of it whilst "making" it.

I just keep munching on vegetables...I try to not do the same with higher calorie items lol
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thanks for the laughs - love it!
  • joinn68
    Options
    Bump
  • biggafadda
    biggafadda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Licking the spoon/knife you used doesn't count toward the calories.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Love it. We need more postings like this.