I did it! I ran 5km!

Options
Orphia
Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
I ran the full 5k at parkrun this morning!

So happy!

C25K works!

I started running 10 weeks ago, but took 2 weeks off due to a sore hip. I've been doing 5k parkruns on Saturdays (walking/running) and C25K two days during the week, as well as quite a bit of walking.

I made it! :)

Replies

• winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I am also doing the c25k! It's nice to see another person who has done it!
  • Orphia
    Options
    winnie141 wrote: »
    Awesome job! I am also doing the c25k! It's nice to see another person who has done it!

Thanks! Good luck! Where are you up to?
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That is a big deal.

Congrats and stick with your plan

Onward and Upward!!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Nothing like the feeling of completing a 5K for the first time! Congrats, all your hard work paid off :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • winnie141
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

I am on week 7. No more walks lol but that's alright. Feels so darn good. I am doing it on a treadmill which is getting pretty boring already but we have a lot of ice...I just have to get my nerve up to trying running on the paths!

• Orphia
    Options

I am on week 7. No more walks lol but that's alright. Feels so darn good. I am doing it on a treadmill which is getting pretty boring already but we have a lot of ice...I just have to get my nerve up to trying running on the paths!

Wow, you're doing well! Keep it up!

Eek, icy paths sound scary! It doesn't snow where I live!
  • winnie141
    Options

Wow, you're doing well! Keep it up!

Eek, icy paths sound scary! It doesn't snow where I live!

The worst part is I want to take my dog to teach her to run with me. She is small but very protective. We live in a iffy area where I am not wanting to go out on my own. I was just talking to my husband about trying the walking paths out with her. Hopefully she behaves! I am going to try to ease into it by doing it once a week (weather permitting).
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I ran the full 5k at parkrun this morning!

So happy!

C25K works!

I started running 10 weeks ago, but took 2 weeks off due to a sore hip. I've been doing 5k parkruns on Saturdays (walking/running) and C25K two days during the week, as well as quite a bit of walking.

I made it! :)

Congratulations!

Taking time off when your body isn't right is the smart thing to do. If you choose to train for longer distances, remember that taking time off for the sore hip was a crucial part of training for your first 5K. Runners who don't take time off for stuff like that tend to be forced to take large chunks of time off later on. (Been there, done that, don't want any more of *those* tee-shirts!)
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I hope to start C25k in the spring. I have done it before and then went to 10km. Unfortunately have to wait until I know that my feet are healed from the sprains and my legs are strong enough.
  • gailbruno
    gailbruno Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I did the 5 and the 10. This years goal is a half marathon. Then a full marathon the following year. I used an app similar to C25K. It was a free one IK that. It's called 5k runner so I completed the 5 and 10. Downloaded the third. Wish me luck! Lol
  • Kym1166
    Kym1166 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • brianlundlarsen
    brianlundlarsen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it really is an excellent program. I started running with it back in 2008 and barely made it through week 1 and it's 60 second runs, two years after I ran my first marathon. I can't recommend the program enough :)
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Orphia! There's nothing like the feeling of running that first 5K stretch! Well done!

Winnie, I trained on the treadmill as well and still use it through the winter. Keep going. You're doing great.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration, Orphia! I gave been thinking about doing C25K and just reading of your success gave me a boost.
  • Orphia
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the nice comments!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's a HUGE achievement.