Has anyone tried HCG drops?

Options

Replies

• ufuentes84
    Options
    Put it this way, you eat very little, of certain foods, there is a very VERY strick regimine, on top of all that some sites say you can't use face cream, lotions, make up. There are reports of skin, hair and nails being brittle, dry, etc. And there is a possibility of causing hormone issues since you are ingesting hormone.

My SIL did it and she lost crazy amount of weight in 6 months time, this then left TON of lose skin. So yes it could work, but then why mess up your body. This is your decision but do your research and do it safely with a DR, (there are tons of scams of fake HCG out there so buyer beware)

I totally agree!!! You have to go through a Dr. or at least a reliable natural health care establishment! Hadn't heard that about the skin, thanks for sharing that bit!
  • rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    Put it this way, you eat very little, of certain foods, there is a very VERY strick regimine, on top of all that some sites say you can't use face cream, lotions, make up. There are reports of skin, hair and nails being brittle, dry, etc. And there is a possibility of causing hormone issues since you are ingesting hormone.

My SIL did it and she lost crazy amount of weight in 6 months time, this then left TON of lose skin. So yes it could work, but then why mess up your body. This is your decision but do your research and do it safely with a DR, (there are tons of scams of fake HCG out there so buyer beware)

Yes thanks for the info. I wasn't seriously considering it, I was more interested in what people thought and if anyone had tried it. I have heard a lot of stories of ppl losing weight quickly, but then being miserable with how their body's looked. I definitely believe that the old fashioned way of diet and daily exercise are the best and safest options.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and insights!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It's a crock. You're not losing weight from the drops, you're losing weight from being on a ****ing 500 calorie diet.
  • bdmom3
    bdmom3 Posts: 21
    Options
    Well from my own personal experience it DOES work. I tried doing a 500 calorie diet for 2 months and only lost 10 pounds but I started the hcg and lost 23 pounds in 1 month and it was obvious that it had come out of my problem areas. I'm not trying to argue but this was just my own experience. It takes a lot of personal mind strength to stick to it but if you want it bad enough it makes it a lot easier. oh, my hunger and energy were incredibly different with the hcg than without. better i mean.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bdmom3, i'm glad you tried it to see the difference. I've done it and lost 30lbs. The diet tells you how to reintroduce regular food into your diet so your body can handle it. All i know is after two weeks of the drops, I visited my doctor and my blood pressure was normal. I had been on the BP meds for 11yrs. After you take the drops for the alotted time, there is a whole six week process of slowly eating regular food. At the end of the fourth week you are back up to eating 1500 - 2000 calories. As with any diet, if you return to eating fat, tons of sugar & carbs, and not working out, you will gain the weight back.
  • klabeau
    Options
    Do some research on it. I read and researched for months before I decided to try it.
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    I did the diet 3 times! and you know what, I don't think I would be able to do it ever again. Yes, I lost weight but if I ate one thing not on the protocol, I was risking to 1) gain weight and 2) stall my weight loss up to a week which is a big deal in this diet since EVERYDAY you're suppose to lose weight. Just do things naturally, it takes longer but its best. Whats the point of losing weight fast to only gain it faster.
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    Do some research on it. I read and researched for months before I decided to try it.

The foods approved by Dr. Simeons are healthy - I'm just against the calorie restriction and the constant weighing; I was losing weight but felt fustrated all the time. In regards to my eating now, I eat fruit, veggies, leans meats and complex carbs and I'm a happy person - I'm just taking lonnnnggggeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to get there but I'll get there. I do credit the hcg for the boost.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    If gimmicks like this worked and were healthy, would anyone still be fat and unhealthy?

well said!
  • tinamwilson
    Options
    OK...no one come to hunt me down after reading this....I did do the HCG through my physician and under a weekly management program with him. I drove 120 miles round trip every week and paid for the protocol out of pocket because insurance did not cover it. I stuck to the program like glue because I really needed for SOMETHING to work...everytime I had been pregnant I lost weight during my pregnancy so I knew I would be a good candidate. I lost 25# in 6 weeks and felt great!!! I has tons of energy even on the restrictive 500 calorie diet. It was the "jump start" I needed to get me going.

Now...before you all start looking for my address or send me hate mail let me say this... I would NEVER have done this via the internet or some kind of "fly by night" means. ONLY because it was with a reputable physician who I trusted and still see for my care that I proceeded with this protocol.
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    I'm just going to continue to take my liquid crack and lose. Have fun debating over this!
    Did A LOT of research and it is a lifestyle change. Takes time to break bad habits and HCG helps.

Don't knock it until you try it.
  • klabeau
    Options
    I agree it's not for everyone. I know I've lost weight in the past, but my blood pressure has NEVER been so good. Even when I lost 40lbs a few years ago. Getting off blood pressure meds makes is all worth it for me!
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
    bdmom3, i'm glad you tried it to see the difference. I've done it and lost 30lbs. The diet tells you how to reintroduce regular food into your diet so your body can handle it. All i know is after two weeks of the drops, I visited my doctor and my blood pressure was normal. I had been on the BP meds for 11yrs. After you take the drops for the alotted time, there is a whole six week process of slowly eating regular food. At the end of the fourth week you are back up to eating 1500 - 2000 calories. As with any diet, if you return to eating fat, tons of sugar & carbs, and not working out, you will gain the weight back.
  • klabeau
    Options
    That's what people are missing, any other 500 cal diet, one would not have the strength to get up and be productive everyday. This will be my last round and then I will just keep eating well and working out!
  • rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I will continue to research it. I appreciate that people have tried it and have had success. I'm no necessarily looking for a quick fix (although that would be great) but it is interesting to learn about other methods of losing weight.
  • AlexMaree82
    AlexMaree82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I came across this. I, like many people on this forum, know that there ARE NO MIRACLE pills that you can take. And I am also aware that losing weight is a multi-layered thing (diet, excercise, behavior modification). But that being said, there was a discount on screamin deals for $39 to try the program (COMPLETE program). I figured, what the heck. A. It's $39 B. You can easily spend that on dinner.

I am going to give it a try and see what happens. I am wondering though, has anyone tried it on more that 500 calories. I understand that's the catalyst BUT I am just curious. And to those what HAVE tried it and found success, more power to ya! :)
  • Bonnie1974
    Bonnie1974 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi All,

I did the HCGdiet, after lots and lots of research. I lost 23 lbs in 1 month. I felt amazing, but well said that if you ate anything out of the list of foods provided you stalled or gained a lbs. I have gained it all back, I can say I have done it, and it does work, and eating 500 calories was alot easier than I thought. But in the real world, this is not the way to lose long term weight loss. So I am back to countin calories, and working out.. It's taking me forever to lose a lbs here and there.. but will suceed one day :)
  • Bonnie1974
    Bonnie1974 Posts: 58
    Options
    I am going to give it a try and see what happens. I am wondering though, has anyone tried it on more that 500 calories. I understand that's the catalyst BUT I am just curious. And to those what HAVE tried it and found success, more power to ya! :)

I found that you can eat at times more than the 500 calories, I added an extra bread stick here and there, or a piece of fruit..

Good luck
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    4 members of my family have done the HCG diet and lost a lot of weight... however it's difficult to maintain apparently. I've not done it myself and have no intention of, but apparently it does really work as a boost and gets you to pay attention to what you're putting in your body. Depends whether you feel you need the boost I guess.
  • klabeau
    Options
    I am so glad I came across this. I, like many people on this forum, know that there ARE NO MIRACLE pills that you can take. And I am also aware that losing weight is a multi-layered thing (diet, excercise, behavior modification). But that being said, there was a discount on screamin deals for $39 to try the program (COMPLETE program). I figured, what the heck. A. It's $39 B. You can easily spend that on dinner.

there is an 800 cal hcg that allows you to workout. and yes, if you dont follow the protocal after you get off the drops you will gain it back. it's far more than just 500 cals, take the drops and then boom you are all done.