What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Getting married wasn't on my list of motivation for losing weight, I had no idea I'd be getting married any time even remotely soon when I started my new lifestyle in April last year, but I finally got to marry my long-term boyfriend John this past Friday and it felt so bloody good to walk into the registry office as the slim bride I never thought I could be! John couldn't stop telling me how beautiful I looked, and I had so many compliments from other people, it was a wonderful boost for my low self-esteem. I actually felt pretty, and proud of myself. :)

8u4hn6r7hlxk.jpg

AWWW cute pic...you look Beautiful!

• GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Smashed three mile jog PB by almost 3 minutes! High altitude and hilly too.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    ElbowCoude wrote: »
    I got a family photo taken! It might seem silly, but I've been hiding from pictures for years!! I'm not done losing yet but in the first pic I wasn't even at my heaviest... It feels great to LOVE this picture!!! This is s huge victory for me!

slj0a9alnpt7.jpeg
    qlm17wj67fhb.png

What a bunch of cuties you have! And a new little one since the first picture!

I haven't done family portraits in about 23 years! My middle son was an infant in the picture and now he's 24. I have 2 younger kids who are teenagers now and we've never had a potrait together. Isnt that awful! I just couldn't imagine spending the money on a picture I would hate!

It is my ultimate goal reward to do it this summer! I already have the photographer lined up. Only 35 pounds to go!

You look wonderful. Keep up the good work!
  • ElbowCoude
    ElbowCoude Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    ElbowCoude wrote: »
    I got a family photo taken! It might seem silly, but I've been hiding from pictures for years!! I'm not done losing yet but in the first pic I wasn't even at my heaviest... It feels great to LOVE this picture!!! This is s huge victory for me!

slj0a9alnpt7.jpeg
    qlm17wj67fhb.png

What a bunch of cuties you have! And a new little one since the first picture!

I haven't done family portraits in about 23 years! My middle son was an infant in the picture and now he's 24. I have 2 younger kids who are teenagers now and we've never had a potrait together. Isnt that awful! I just couldn't imagine spending the money on a picture I would hate!

It is my ultimate goal reward to do it this summer! I already have the photographer lined up. Only 35 pounds to go!

You look wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!! I'm sure your picture this summer will be great
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get chilly! Down 3 sizes. I'm losing my insulation. :)
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    brant710 wrote: »
    No one asked me to play the role of Santa this year which I'm taking as a compliment to my journey so far.

Haha! That's the best!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My bank offers free cookies on Friday, which I usually resist. Today I decided to have an Oreo. I took 1 small bite and threw it away, it tasted horribly sweet to me.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    No one asked me to play the role of Santa this year which I'm taking as a compliment to my journey so far.

Ho!Ho!Ho! That's very funny!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options

But please consider providing before & after Santa photos. Pretty please? We've been good! ;)

Obligatory new NSV, at least I thought it was an NSV: Went to the local sporting goods store to buy a new slightly heavier pair of dumbbells. Carried them up from the back of the store to checkout, and found a short line. I was kinda standing there with one in each hand, not fidgeting or anything like that. Twenty-something guy in line in front of me kept turning around and glancing at me repeatedly, like he'd never seen a little 60-year-old grey-haired woman in line at the checkout with two 30-pound dumbbells. I don't know whether he was wondering if he should offer help, or what - he just looked vaguely nervous, never said a word. Too funny!
  • MacHaloC
    MacHaloC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wore a dress to work for the first time ever. One of my coworkers called me svelte! Made my week!
  • OliverMol
    OliverMol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    tashat1976 wrote: »
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

How does that work. Is it just without hip\wais nd weight meadurement?
    Does that mean thet It cn just be a feeling? Or donyou have to post pics?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OliverMol wrote: »
    tashat1976 wrote: »
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

How does that work. Is it just without hip\wais nd weight meadurement?
    Does that mean thet It cn just be a feeling? Or donyou have to post pics?

It's really any part of weight loss that you feel good about, other than the actual number on the scale.
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Finally going for a bra fitting after losing 35 kilos! The poor lady had to go and get smaller sizes 4/5 times! My boobs are disappearing! WooHoo!
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Today is my 201st day of logging, and as of this morning my measurements have gone from 44/35/49 to 37.5/29/39 and i've dropped 4 sizes.

I can remember going shopping last minute for something "Facier" to wear to my company christmas party and it just being a miserable experience trying to squeeze my butt into some stretchy size 18 skinny jeans from Target. I wore spanx the whole night and was rather uncomfortable and self conscious and just unhappy with my appearance in general.

This christmas, no christmas party as I work for myself now, but I think i'll host a fancy-pants christmas party with monacles and top hats and I shall wear a sexy 8/10 dress and not crying in the changing room that the stupid sizes at Target have just GOT to be wrong.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Finally going for a bra fitting after losing 35 kilos! The poor lady had to go and get smaller sizes 4/5 times! My boobs are disappearing! WooHoo!
    I'm a swimmer but have haven't been able to swim for a month due to the heater being out. So I've been walking the high school track. After a month I was able to get in the pool. I noticed my swimsuit was much looser when putting it on but once I started swimming, my boobs were just flapping around in my speedo. I had to stop a couple of times because I was afraid I would be hanging out.
    Yay for smaller boobs!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The size 16 Lee "relaxed fit" pants I bought in September are a little too relaxed already, even right after washing. I have been looking at curvy, but relaxed pants all this while, thinking anything other than relaxed would be and look too tight, especially with my huge hips and saddlebag thighs. I've been really frustrated in this search, as my hips have always been much bigger than my waist, and all pants gap at the waist. I have never worn anything other than high-waisted pants as well, and those are hard to find, and the ones I saved for weight loss are all way too big now.

Yesterday, I decided to look at jeans at Target, and the only ones in my size that were curvy fit were Levis "Denizen" jeans, which aren't high-waisted, but mid-rise. Grrrr. I decided to just try them on since I was there, and grabbed size 16, and, just to see how far I had to go, a size 14.

Not only did the 16s fit perfectly, they looked good! I couldn't believe that mid-rise jeans looked good on me, and that these pants were actually slimming and didn't emphasize my saddlebags. Then I tried the 14s, and I could zip them up and button them!!! They were too tight, but to be able to even get them past my thighs was amazing!!

I felt very good yesterday. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!