No time...

Options
2»

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    In addition, not everyone is a gym person. I'm not. When I'm not at work, I want to be at home. I walk, use a treadmill and mini-trampoline, youtube exercise videos, and ride my bike. I would not sacrifice time with my children to go to the gym. There are so many other options. When I was younger and had teens at home, we rollerbladed around the neighborhood.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Different gym with better hours and day care. Home workouts--there's tons on fitness blender on YouTube and you don't have to buy a thing.

Only you can make it a priority. I live in SoCal, we know a thing about sitting in traffic--welcome to the land where a 13 mile drive in rush hour traffic takes an hour and fifteen minutes. On a good day. :grimace:

I run at work, right when the day is done. By the time I leave, traffic has lessened a smidge. The week day I lift, I work late that day, then hit the gym and come in a little late the next day.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You can buy some dumb bells and do home workouts with them. Since going to the gym isn't in the cards at this point do something else for awhile. I got a rowing machine once when I couldn't work out by jogging. It wasn't my favorite, but gave me a workout for a few years until my life settled down.
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think there's a mountain of research out there to also show the benefits - particularly in toning - of doing body weight only exercises. No gym, no equipment, no excuses! Time friendly too. Tons of resources online and in apps. Do what you can with intensity? You'll get results.