people can be cruel!

Options
The nerve of people! I swear these past few days have not been going well with my emotions.

This past weekend I attended a party where all the mothers were at least 50-60lbs lighter then me so of course I felt uncomfortable.

Then I am shopping yesterday for bathing suits for my son & I and some random woman who I dont know and didnt work at the store has the nerve to open her mouth and say something rude to me ....

I was looking at all the womans bathing suits, they were all together no matter the size. Some woman came up to me & says "plus size is on the other side of the store" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Inside I was crying but outside I was furious! I wanted to open my mouth but I know that im better then that. So I bit my tongue, looked at her & said "oh really? thanks! my boobs are huge, plus size is probably best" and I walked away like nothing :bigsmile:

My fiance was laughing his butt off from the comment I made back! :laugh: I didnt let the situation get the best of me, but of course I was upset.

Replies

• TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You handled it so well! Good for you!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wow you are a much better person than I am! I certainly would have let her have it...Good for you and it's really admirable how you can keep your head up even when people suck (which is often, it seems!) :flowerforyou:
  • alischaid
    alischaid Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's horrible! I wouldn't of handled it as nicely as you did.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I would have been on FIRE! :explode: :mad:

I HATE unasked for or unwarrented advice. lol especially rude advice or comments like that.

You are a better person than I.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :explode:
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE CAN BE VERY MEAN, I WOULD HAVE LET HER HAVE IT, THEN YOUR BOYFRIEND FOR THINKING IT WAS FUNNY!!!! SORRY YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR PICTURE, AND BEAUTY IS ON THE INSIDE, AND SHE OBVIOUSLY HAD NONE. RED
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You're definitely a better person than I am. I'm a very quick temper and that woman would have set it off. Good for you for being the better person in this case!
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE CAN BE VERY MEAN, I WOULD HAVE LET HER HAVE IT, THEN YOUR BOYFRIEND FOR THINKING IT WAS FUNNY!!!! SORRY YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR PICTURE, AND BEAUTY IS ON THE INSIDE, AND SHE OBVIOUSLY HAD NONE. RED

no my fiance thought what I said back was funny lol
  • es0torok
    es0torok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was just trying to be helpful?
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    They were only rude to you to make them feel better. You handled it perfectly, I probably wouldn't have been so quick on my feet with that response.
  • widmar
    widmar Posts: 72
    Options
    Wow, how rude! I guess I will never understand why people are so rude. She had to know that wasn't called for. Good for you for keeping a cool head.
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

oh no, the look on her face and the way her body language was, she was definitely being mean. She had an attitiude like I didnt belong here.
  • massmech8111
    Options
    yeah,people are cruel for the most part...the worst part is ,that most people are so emotionally detatched from real people(as in people that are right in front of them as oppsed to on the other side of a screen) that they are clueless when it comes to matters of courtesy...she may or may not have meant to be insulting by her comments,however ,i agree it was rude and frankly quite bold...I do applaud you for your ability to contain your emotion in a social setting as this shows maturity that modern society is obviously lacking and an apparent de-evolution is taking place...good job:)..and dont let it hinder your goals..
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Some people can be SO cruel!

Good for you for biting your tonge. I don't think I could've been so nice. Since you didn't give her an attitiude, like she probably wanted, I bet you made her feel really bad for what she said.

=)
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Ya know, this has nothing to do with being 'christian' - in fact being christian is about setting boundaries with people and letting them know it's not okay to treat people a certain way - after all, this got Jesus crucified! It's the greatest act of love we can give to another person...set a boundary...
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I do hope that she honestly meant ot be helpful and not as rude as it came out. As well I hope your comment made her very aware of her self. :bigsmile: YAY you for not punching her in the nose!! :flowerforyou:

oh no, the look on her face and the way her body language was, she was definitely being mean. She had an attitiude like I didnt belong here.

*DOH* I read this after I posted. Sorry. Still YAY for you!!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You handled that much better than I would have!! I probably would've started crying!!!
    People really need to think about what they say BEFORE they say it!!!
    Don't let it get to you...you're here and are working on getting healthy!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    She had to know that wasn't called for.

I agree. I just can't imagine a grown adult thinking that going up to somebody and basically saying you think they look too fat for those clothes is ok.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Never give someone else, especially a stranger, permission to make you feel bad. I say, feel sorry for those who cannot express kindness and choose to make snyde remarks to a stranger.
  • DTRTinAZ
    DTRTinAZ Posts: 29
    Options
    Mean people suck for sure. Too bad there is no diet for mean people to make them nice. Luckily, you will reach your goal and be the weight you want to be...and the mean lady will still be... "just mean". Good luck and stay the path!